Favorite Foods?

efoote01

Neither of us like the regular bread pudding -- but I do love the chocolate bread pudding with chocolate sauce which we can only get on the Amsterdam.

We both love the Beef Wellington.

Did not care for the chocolate purse which we tried for the first time on the Noordam -- not enough chocolate inside and the puff pastry that makes the purse was very hard.

Do like Le Cirque's Creme Brulee.

My favorite HAL dessert was cappucino bomb but we have not seen it for years.

I eat very, very few desserts while aboard now.

If I have anything, it's usually a few spoonfuls of sorbet. Some of them are to my taste.

Bread Pudding

Eggs Benedict in the Lido

Crepes with mixed berries and whipped cream in the Lido

Caesar Salad in Le Cirque (I'm still trying to find if it's the same one they would serve for a regular Pinnacle dinner)

This last cruise over Thanksgiving was the first time I tried the Lido for breakfast. I loved it so much, I ate there every day.

Love the cold soups. I have requested Chocolate or Coffee Bombe for dinner in MDR and usually we get it the next evening!

Not a fan of the bread pudding, but I try it at least once every cruise to see if it is any different from one ship to another.

Any meal that I don't have to cook or clean up after is one of my favorites!

Mary Ellen .... you must be on the same Cruise as we are .....

We just got our cabin assignment ..... we booked a VH and we

were bumped up to a VA ...... have you signed up for anything

to do in the Ports?

Cheryl and Ray

Just got off fourteen days on the Ryndam. We never made it to the the main dining room.

In the Pinacle Grill, the flaming seafood skewer with scalloped potatos and button mushrooms.

In the Canaletto, the Veal Milanaise followed by the trio of Tiramasu

In the Lido, the breakfast rolls, both the cinamon buns and the sticky buns. Bread pudding for sure

Best of all, the Soto Ayam Indonesian soup.

One thing we both never tire of is the French Onion Soup ! Its always delicious .........I love the crab and lobster entres and I think my husband would say the lamb and beef.........We also love the breakfasts in the Pinnacle.... Cruising in two months so this topic makes me look forward to it even more !

On the Nieuw Amsterdam saw more choices for breakfast meats than I have ever seen before...a new one for me...English Bacon..it was very good..they also had English sausage, sausage links, sausage patties, bacon, turkey bacon..and ham:D Way too many choices LOL...

Oh and don't forget the cold cuts and cheeses for breakfast..sometimes my fav simple breakfast...a hard roll and some cheese and perhaps a slice of mortadella:)

After years of not ordering lobster on a HAL cruise -- I did give in and ordered on a cruise last year.

Do agree -- soft (mushy), small and very salty.

On our 1st HAL cruise, I tried the lobster. Haven't ordered it since. It's difficult, living on the New England coast, to enjoy anything other than Maine lobster!

We just returned from our first Caribbean cruise and had 7 days/nights to figure out food.

Don't bother with the room service menu, the food in the Lido has a much better selection and the hot will be hot, the cold will be cold.

Lido has great food but take your time to walk the entire line, both sides and in between stations. It took us 4 days to find the better cheese board but it was worth it to be able to take cheeses and fruit to our room for dessert or late night snacking.

Canaletto had an awesome mixed seafood in pasta dish, Frutte de Marre, something like that.

Pinnacle Grill was a disappointment. We wanted surf & turf but there was no offering there. The Rembrandt room offered a filet and lobster- no charge. The Lido offered a filet and Alaskan Crab legs- no charge. Pinnacle Grill also seemed either understaffed or the staff just had poor timing because we felt it lagged between courses. We ended up hungrily eating more bread and butter than appetizer or entrees. Also, why would lobster mac' be an entree rather than a side dish?

Tamarind restaurant was our shining star. Complimentary lunch each day of dim sum was awesome and the service, presentation and food quality was the very best of our stay. The dinner menu is so varied that you want it all and they structure it so you actually do get a taste of most everything each visit. The hot food arrives hot and cold food arrives cold, seamlessly. This is our vote for the very best of Eurodam and on our agenda for our 2012 cruise. To satisfy our letdown from Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind offers a wasabi crusted beef tendlerloin. Yum.

Muesli in the Lido + a double expresso from the cafe for breakfast, Asian station in the Lido for lunch.

The baked brie and escargot for appetizers.

The chilled soups.

The lamb dishes and nasi goreng.

+ love the Tamarind for lunch and dinner on the Eurodam or N. Amsterdam.

Not a big dessert fan, so prefer the sorbets (also exc. in the Tamarind).

Vanilla sauce, warm, on the aforementioned bread pudding...ummmm.

Another fan of the muesli.

Also found the lobster WAY too salty back in April. Hope everyone notes that on the comment cards, maybe it will change.

Fresh squeezed orange juice in the lido for breakfast!

The antipasto platter served as a starter in Canaletto, a meal in itself.

...heading for the kitchen now....

Archived