will my kids get to keep their status?

fd851

The C&A policy states that after their first cruise children get the same status as their parents. someone stated on a post here, that when kids reached a certain age, they lost their parents status and only received credit for the cruises they had actually taken. Does anyone know exactly how this works?

Our daughters kept their status when reached 18 which was the same as ours. There point count is their own so it will be a long long time before they are Pinnacle. They are now in their early and mid 20s and are still what they were at 18. They were automatically unlinked from our accounts even though one is still at our address technically since she's a college student.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kids kept the status we had at the time they turned 18, but points reverted to the ones they earned themselves.

They (Royal) do tend to make a lot of mistakes, both good and bad, keeping track of points so make sure you keep records of your cruises. Like, forever.

The C&A policy states that after their first cruise children get the same status as their parents. someone stated on a post here, that when kids reached a certain age, they lost their parents status and only received credit for the cruises they had actually taken. Does anyone know exactly how this works?

I have a son age 30 and daughter age 28 both were Diamond on our account but short the requisite cruises. My son gets married and moves out. My daughter also moves out. We all take a cruise together including daughter's boyfriend who has never cruised. My daughter-in-law, a Gold member, calls RCI to update to Diamond based on my son's 'Diamond' status and the CSR discovers he doesn't have enough cruises to be Diamond so they get knocked back to Platinum. My daughter books the cruise without saying a word and retains her Diamond status.

The kicker is, my son had just used his Diamond status with his wife before they got married without a problem. Secondly, the boyfriend was never stopped once going into the Diamond lounge with my daughter because she always showed her card.

Sometimes things are better left unsaid.;)

getting stopped or not stopped or asking each individual for their card to check their status depends greatly on what ship you are on, how busy they are, if its a D lounge or just a D event.

On my recent Liberty (December - very busy), they were checking each card of every person coming off the elevator (C&A took over Oliver & Twist lounge for the nightly D party) and turning many, many, many away. There were many arguments by status members to bring guest as well, they were denied. On the Jewel D event, they seemed to put someone at the door about 30-40 minutes after the event started. On the Radiance, you were required a card to enter, the Conceirge asked to see the card and he would also pull up your account in his computer (I think he was bored), it was a very quiet lounge. On the Allure and Oasis, it seemed they only checked one card when a group walked in. So I've seen the gammut and I've also seen alot of group unassociated with any D member sneak in. And why, for a free glass of LaTerible. :D

Hmm...wonder what will happen to me next year. :confused:

Mine is a bit complicated. Because my grandparents live in my house, they were able to sign me up for C&A, and I got their credits. This brought me to Platinum. I then went on a cruise without them, and the number of nights kicked me up to Emerald. Now I'm Emerald, and they're still Platinum! :p

I have a son age 30 and daughter age 28 both were Diamond on our account but short the requisite cruises. My son gets married and moves out. My daughter also moves out. We all take a cruise together including daughter's boyfriend who has never cruised. My daughter-in-law, a Gold member, calls RCI to update to Diamond based on my son's 'Diamond' status and the CSR discovers he doesn't have enough cruises to be Diamond so they get knocked back to Platinum. My daughter books the cruise without saying a word and retains her Diamond status.

The kicker is, my son had just used his Diamond status with his wife before they got married without a problem. Secondly, the boyfriend was never stopped once going into the Diamond lounge with my daughter because she always showed her card.

Based on what you've said, I would expect your kids to have retained their status even after moving out if they earned it while minors under your account. So your son shouldn't have been downgraded to Platinum.

Regarding getting into the lounges: it is extremely variable between ships. Some concierges really check and others seem oblivious.

Regarding status changes: it is extremely variable depending on who answers the phone at Royal that day.

Regarding the website C&A points section: it is extremely variable depending on what phase the moon is in that day.

This happened with my son and DIL, too. We added her as a C&A Diamond member when she cruised with our family when they were engaged. Since they had the same address, the Loyalty Ambassador took care of it on the ship. Afterwards, my son was downgraded to Gold because of his point count, and I called C&A and had them upgrade him back to his original status.

Kids over 18 keep the status, but cannot get to the next level until they have the correct number of points.

My kids....ages 21 and 26 are still at home....they went on a RC cruise together about 3 yrs ago(their one and only rc cruise to date)...hubby and I are diamond with 132 points...just booked a cruise for the 4 of us for next year....according to RCCL they too are diamond with 132 points! I am not gonna argue....maybe when they move out they will lose theirs points but as of right now they still have our points and are over the age of 18.

• 1 month later...

Well, after nearly a month of waiting for a repy from crown and anchor, here is the reply..."Thank you for your recent e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. When your children turn eighteen, they will be removed from our system as minor members of your household. Your children will retain the status they held prior to the removal and will then start at their own individual cruise point count to move forward in the Crown and Anchor Society. Should they get married and their spouses be linked to their accounts, their spouses will be recognized at the same status as your childrens.

With our enhanced systems, Crown & Anchor Society members are no longer required to show their membership cards to receive their benefits. In order to receive cruise points for your sailing and your onboard benefits, simply include your membership number in your cruise reservation prior to sailing."

Well, there you have it...

This is what I was just told by a rep at C&A last week. My dd is cruising with me in two weeks for the first time on RCI, and she is 17. So she will be Diamond after that when I enroll both daughters. But when we sail on Allure she will be 18, but we were told she will start collecting her own cruises towards D+ but she will still be able to enjoy the diamond lounge and other benefits that she has by virtue of being" diamond" because of us before she turned 18.

I know some feel that's "cheating" but that's how it works, and I'm glad my 18 yo will be able to enjoy the diamond benefits with the rest of us, ( all I really care about is using the DL to watch parades and ourbalcony discount) as the rest of us will be and it would be awkward otherwise. I think it's awkward that people traveling in a cabin with someone can't share their benefits with their roommate. I suppose that some people might try abuse it, but I'm thinking about a woman who posted here, who was traveling with her mother and wasn't going to be able to take her 80 yo mom with her into the CL even though she was D+. Seems like mom wasn't going to drink them out of business:rolleyes:

This is what I was just told by a rep at C&A last week. My dd is cruising with me in two weeks for the first time on RCI, and she is 17. So she will be Diamond after that when I enroll both daughters. But when we sail on Allure she will be 18, but we were told she will start collecting her own cruises towards D+ but she will still be able to enjoy the diamond lounge and other benefits that she has by virtue of being" diamond" because of us before she turned 18.

I know some feel that's "cheating" but that's how it works, and I'm glad my 18 yo will be able to enjoy the diamond benefits with the rest of us, ( all I really care about is using the DL to watch parades and ourbalcony discount) as the rest of us will be and it would be awkward otherwise. I think it's awkward that people traveling in a cabin with someone can't share their benefits with their roommate. I suppose that some people might try abuse it, but I'm thinking about a woman who posted here, who was traveling with her mother and wasn't going to be able to take her 80 yo mom with her into the CL even though she was D+. Seems like mom wasn't going to drink them out of business:rolleyes:

I think it's more about the seats and overcrowding than it is about the drinks.

Gina

Well, after nearly a month of waiting for a repy from crown and anchor, here is the reply..."Thank you for your recent e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. When your children turn eighteen, they will be removed from our system as minor members of your household. Your children will retain the status they held prior to the removal and will then start at their own individual cruise point count to move forward in the Crown and Anchor Society. Should they get married and their spouses be linked to their accounts, their spouses will be recognized at the same status as your childrens.

With our enhanced systems, Crown & Anchor Society members are no longer required to show their membership cards to receive their benefits. In order to receive cruise points for your sailing and your onboard benefits, simply include your membership number in your cruise reservation prior to sailing."

Well, there you have it...

This is a good thing, right? This is also exactly what happened with both my sons, and then my DIL when she married Son #2. They are all Diamond with low points.

It's not cheating at all: it's their policy, fair and square. Children and spouses get grandfathered into the same level as the C&A member they "belong" to. My DIL was an "instant" Diamond on her second cruise. They enrolled her and gave her my son's status because they were engaged already and had the same address.

It's not cheating at all: it's their policy, fair and square. Children and spouses get grandfathered into the same level as the C&A member they "belong" to. My DIL was an "instant" Diamond on her second cruise. They enrolled her and gave her my son's status because they were engaged already and had the same address.

"Engaged" and got the same status..Very lucky for her..as this isn't the same thing as being "married" :)

We like to say in our family that is what sealed the deal for our daughter-in-law, she became diamond when she married our son!:D They are both diamond but it is a long way points wise before they can become diamond plus!

Sherri:)

"Engaged" and got the same status..Very lucky for her..as this isn't the same thing as being "married" :)

No, it's not the same thing, and that's my point. The policy includes same address fiances, too. It's not really luck; it's their policy. :)

No, it's not the same thing, and that's my point. The policy includes same address fiances, too. It's not really luck; it's their policy. :)

So if you live with someone (same address) RCI will give them your status by merely telling RCI your "engaged".. Hmmm. :confused:...Sorry this "policy" doesn't sound quite right..and would be very easy to abuse as there is no way to prove it...(JMHO)..Would be very interested to know if anyone else on these boards has found this policy has worked for them.. :)

So if you live with someone (same address) RCI will give them your status by merely telling RCI your "engaged".. Hmmm. :confused:...Sorry this "policy" doesn't sound quite right..and would be very easy to abuse as there is no way to prove it...(JMHO)..Would be very interested to know if anyone else on these boards has found this policy has worked for them.. :)

I'm not even sure if being engaged is the deciding factor. My impression was the fact they had the same address. But, I was present when we did this, and my son had been a Diamond for about 12 years. They showed ID that had the same address, too.

I don't know about "abusing" the policy, since we weren't. They were indeed engaged, and did get married 8 months after the cruise. I don't know why having more people "testify" to this policy is needed: it is what it is. We went to the LA, she looked up my son's C&A record, they showed their ID, we told her they were engaged to be married (ring and all), and it was a done-deal.

Archived