Carnival Dream Picture Review, December 10th-17th, 2011

italianfemmy

Sailor Jack's are totally different but both of you have a gift for words. I am serious when I say you should write a cruise novel. If you are ready for some good belly laughs, click here! (Read the Dream/Nightmare first).

Vision of the Seas: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=979928

Dream/Nightmare: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ght=sailorjack

Jewel: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=797459&highlight=sailorjack

Galaxy:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891464

Jewel of the Seas:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1060382

Sailor Jack's are totally different but both of you have a gift for words. I am serious when I say you should write a cruise novel. If you are ready for some good belly laughs, click here! (Read the Dream/Nightmare first).

Vision of the Seas: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=979928

Dream/Nightmare: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ght=sailorjack

Jewel: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=797459&highlight=sailorjack

Galaxy:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891464

Jewel of the Seas:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1060382

Ok stop it! You're going to make everyone that thought my review was awesome leave me and get immersed in his reviews instead! lol.

Including me. :-D

Tonights show: Dancin' in the Streets featuring Fun Force Dancers and acrobatics.

I have NEVER seen a show this different from all the rest of the shows AT SEA! This show had me on the edge of my seat, filled with amazement at how they were able to do the things they did in the small space they had to work with on a moving ship!. Again, I have been on 14 or 15 cruises total and this show left me feeling like I should have paid extra money to be there! Everyone around us was roaring with excitement. I have NEVER seen that kind of energy put into a show or displayed by the recieving audience at sea. The show is mostly stunt based but it's incredible! Having Fun Force as an addition to the Dream REALLY made this night spectacular for us.

On the flip side, it also really set a high bar that I believe will be really hard to meet or exceed. I am PRAYING that Fun Force will be added on the Breeze and that there will be an amazing show (even if it's a repeated show for the interim.)

I agree 100% with you that this is the best show on the seas. I had previously thought that nothing could surpass a show on NCL that featured acts like you would see in a Cirque Soliel performance. Well, Dancin' in the Streets on my first time on the Dream changed my mind and when I saw it a second time the next year, it was just as fabulous even thought the dancers and singers had changed.

This year on the Magic, they had a new show designed just for the Magic. It had a lot more glitz and magic but did not impress me as much. Unfortunately, they will probably come up with a new show just for the Breeze but if Carnival has been listening, they could save some money by just having Dancin' in the Streets on the Breeze. Each time, they come up with a new show, it costs them thousands of $$$.

We are going on the Breeze Inaugural and would not mind seeing Dancin' in the Streets again....lol:D

Ok stop it! You're going to make everyone that thought my review was awesome leave me and get immersed in his reviews instead! lol.

Including me. :-D

No way! You have your own style and SailorJack has his. I have been reading his reviews for some time now and as entertaining as he is, you sometimes wonder if he has just used his imagination rather than some of the facts...lol. You tell it like it is and no one can match your photos. So I think your followers will continue to read yours....lol:D You can't get rid of us that easily:p:rolleyes:

I do cruise CCL and RCCL but I don't cruise RCCL as much as I do Carnival. I don't know who Sailor Jack is but this is the first review I've ever written about anything in my entire life. I am amazed that people are loving it and want to cruise with me! I think of myself as a rather boring person! lol.

Thanks for the tips! I have been googling this issue and definitely have lots of ideas to try out in the hopes that it'll be better next time I take a trip!

Edited to add: Nevermind.. just googled SailorJack. He beats the heck out of me and leaves me in the dust with the way he writes his reviews! So entertaining! Granted, he seems to be trying and I wasn't really trying. Perhaps, on my next one, I'll spruce it up with some fancier words :-P

Since you like shows you may want to try NCL Epic. It had great shows and the Jazz club was great!

BTW, how is your blood pressure? Fluid retention can be a precursor to problems. It sucks to wear them but do you think support hose would help push out the fluid?

Your review has been wonderful! Makes me want to try Carnival again...

This is a great suggestion that I would have never thought of. I can definitely tell the difference with your photographs against other peoples, it adds a little extra something to the photograph.

I am also with you on lighting esp. outdoors in the Caribbean. My wife will sometimes complain to me about "fussing with the camera" during the trip, when she see some of the results she usually realizes it was worth it. The fussing I was doing was usually getting the exposure correct.

Definitely love both the review and the photographs.

The black borders are to draw the eye into the photo. Since the web browser is white, it makes it more difficult for the eye to focus on the image. The borders are helpful for that and help the eye to see the true brilliance in the color detail as well. :-) Cheers!

Masterpiece! Everything was just perfect. Thank you for giving us this beautiful review.

Question...Am I the only woman here that not only was drooling over the food, but couldn't help but notice that Chef Trevor is HANDSOME AS HECK! Goodness, I could look at him all evening. I had my sweetie cracking up when I told him that I would have forgotten all about the food! :D I didn't want to write this on the Chef Table thread, because that is a post just for people wanting more info about the experience, and I am cutting up about cutie. :)

Seriously, the entire time I was reading the Chef Table portion of this review, I was thinking how nice it would be if Chef Trevor could have a copy of these photos. He was so kind to let you take all of those pictures. His team is tops, and should be recognized. Carnival should feature them in some kind of advertisement. Have you thought of contacting someone a the Corporate office? If it goes that far, please keep us informed. I just think there is too much talent on these pages to stop here.

Masterpiece! Everything was just perfect. Thank you for giving us this beautiful review.

Question...Am I the only woman here that not only was drooling over the food, but couldn't help but notice that Chef Trevor is HANDSOME AS HECK! Goodness, I could look at him all evening. I had my sweetie cracking up when I told him that I would have forgotten all about the food! :D I didn't want to write this on the Chef Table thread, because that is a post just for people wanting more info about the experience, and I am cutting up about cutie. :)

Seriously, the entire time I was reading the Chef Table portion of this review, I was thinking how nice it would be if Chef Trevor could have a copy of these photos. He was so kind to let you take all of those pictures. His team is tops, and should be recognized. Carnival should feature them in some kind of advertisement. Have you thought of contacting someone a the Corporate office? If it goes that far, please keep us informed. I just think there is too much talent on these pages to stop here.

No, you're not the only one. Kim said, "he smelled delicious." :rolleyes:

No, you're not the only one. Kim said, "he smelled delicious." :rolleyes:

Funny! Lol. You and DW both look very nice on your pictures, and the one of you at the Chefs Table is very nice. This young lady is a wonderful photographer.

Hi Alicia! I have so many comments and don't even know where to start.

Your review and pictures are FANTASTIC! I can't wait to see what you have in store for the next installment. I've never seen a review where someone went into so much detail about the Chef's Table. I'm a picky eater and not at all a foodie, but I wish I wasn't so I could experience and enjoy it like you all did. Especially since Chef Trevor is such a hottie. ;) If I ever do book the Dream, I'll have to consider booking one of the spa cabins. I've heard about them, but didn't know what all it included, so thanks for posting so much info on those.

I went to your website and blog. I want to come down to Tampa and book a photo shoot with you! You pictures are spectacular and you are truly talented. I read about your mother being your inspiration to start your photography business. I also lost a family member to breast cancer last year. I ran a half marathon in October to raise money for breast cancer research and raised $1,400 for Susan G. Komen. I hope to start doing volunteer work with their local affiliate next year (or should I say this year, 2012 is only an hour and 15 minutes away, lol). Anyways, I think it's awesome that you were also able to do something so positive from a bad situation. You're creating so many memories for your clients. I'm going camera shopping next week with a niiiiiiiiiiiice Best Buy gift card that Santa left me. You've given me some inspiration to maybe dabble in amateur photography and refresh my Photoshop skills.

Ready to read more review now! :D

Edited by gapearl

Ok I'm lurking and loving it too :p. Your writing talent coupled with your fabulous photography is an amazing combination.

I'm not even sailing the Dream and I can't get enough of your review and pictures, although I am looking at the Breeze for 2013.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

Hi Alicia! I have so many comments and don't even know where to start.

Your review and pictures are FANTASTIC! I can't wait to see what you have in store for the next installment. I've never seen a review where someone went into so much detail about the Chef's Table. I'm a picky eater and not at all a foodie, but I wish I wasn't so I could experience and enjoy it like you all did. Especially since Chef Trevor is such a hottie. ;) If I ever do book the Dream, I'll have to consider booking one of the spa cabins. I've heard about them, but didn't know what all it included, so thanks for posting so much info on those.

I went to your website and blog. I want to come down to Tampa and book a photo shoot with you! You pictures are spectacular and you are truly talented. I read about your mother being your inspiration to start your photography business. I also lost a family member to breast cancer last year. I ran a half marathon in October to raise money for breast cancer research and raised $1,400 for Susan G. Komen. I hope to start doing volunteer work with their local affiliate next year (or should I say this year, 2012 is only an hour and 15 minutes away, lol). Anyways, I think it's awesome that you were also able to do something so positive from a bad situation. You're creating so many memories for your clients. I'm going camera shopping next week with a niiiiiiiiiiiice Best Buy gift card that Santa left me. You've given me some inspiration to maybe dabble in amateur photography and refresh my Photoshop skills.

Ready to read more review now! :D

What you're doing is amazing and you are a gift to this world. Losing my mother has been and will always be the most difficult thing I've had to endure and overcome. She was too young and I feel robbed of so many wonderful memories with her. But, I also feel blessed for the memories that have been made possible from the loss of her. I'd love to talk to you, outside of here. Shoot me an email with your screen name. (don't include any of these spaces...I just don't want auto spam mail.).... P u r e E m o t i o n s P h o t o g r a p h y (AT) g m a i l ( d ot c o m )

Anyone else who wants to talk can email me too as long as whatever you want to talk about isn't too creepy :-P

It's hard to believe that with all the beautiful sights we've seen together at this point, the awesome experiences with the Monkeys and swimming with the Dolphins that there could be anything I'd be looking forward to EVEN MORE!

But, I was most looking forward to our day in Belize. We booked a tour through Coral Breeze tour company called "Captain Your Own Boat". We'd seen photos from other people and read numerous reviews and I was beyond excited about this day.

For this tour, you get to drive your own boat through the Belize River where you will see so many wonderful things that you could never possibly see from the deck of a large ship since the large ships would never fit. You get to tempt fate as you maneuver your way through mangroves that barely have a hole big enough for your boat to fit through. The scenes are beautiful. The history and the stories were something I was so looking forward to. This was the excursion that I talked about to all of my friends before leaving home.

This was the one I thought "If I take one photo that's worthy of sending to National Geographic, it'll be here."

So, we wake up (crazy early for me - I am NOT a morning person!). And we shower off real quick and we head all the way AFT to the Burgundy Lounge. Belize IS a tender port meaning you have to take a smaller boat to the port. There's about a 15 minute wait when we get there for us to get a tender boat. Luckily, we're seated in a comfy area so this seems to go by rather fast.

Finally, we're following someone, walking down the stairs making our way to our tender boat. This tender boat is enclosed and isn't like any tender boat I've ever been on. I was upset because the "Amazing ship photo" I always get of "our ship of the moment...lol" is always the one I take from the tender boat where our ship is just alone in the middle of the water. This time, I couldn't do that because the tender boat we were in was mostly white walls and you couldn't really see outside of it at all.

But as the tender boat took off, I understood why. Ours was a speed boat where the bottom of the boat kinda goes way down and the front of the boat goes way up and the sides were being crazy splashed by water. No longer upset because I realize we'll get there faster, I start to smile again.

I noticed that the weather looked kind of spotty (the skies were rather dark) so I asked a guy that was working on the tender boat what the weather was supposed to be like today. He says "A little bit of off and on rain, no big deal!"

We get off of the tender boat and make out way towards our meeting spot. Within moments of walking into it (it was a little store), the bottom drops out of the sky. No big deal. We're sure it will clear up soon. I am freaking out a little over the camera gear I had with me though so we get plastic bags from the store to wrap everything in. My camera bag is water resistant but in that downpour, I was still concerned.

Our tour guide shows up and I've already made myself 100% okay with the fact that we're going to get drenched even though I don't have a bathing suit. lol.

And then my heart stops for a minute while everything seems to be in slow motion as we get the bad news that our tour has been canceled because the water levels in the river are too dangerous for us to attempt our tour.

I was really upset. Not at the tour company, not at Carnival... just at the situation because I felt like the kid who ran to the Christmas tree in the morning all excited just to find nothing underneath it. And did I mention, I woke up at the crack of dawn and I am not a morning person? lol.

It's still raining and we JUST did a city tour the day before in Roatan so I am not really feeling a city tour again, I had the perfect plan. Cozumel would be my guilty pleasure day (swimming with dolphins). Roatan would be my photo ops and city culture day. Belize would be my day to become one with nature and to have a sense of adventure that I'd feel in control of since I'd be driving the boat. And Costa Maya would be my relaxation day.

This is the problem with getting too caught up in your own ideas and desires when mother nature can step in and change the course of your day or perhaps even your entire cruise.

Latanya was tired of seeing me sulk after 5 minutes so she said "Let's just go back to the ship." Part of me really wanted to and thought we could just enjoy the spa all day. But then there was the other part of me that had never been to Belize, that had gotten up early to see it, that had waited for a tender boat and that knew if we changed our minds later, we'd have to do it all over again.

So, I sucked it up and we booked a city and country tour with a guy named Handsom Victor who was standing there holding a sign. I believe there were 8 people already signed up for it and they were just waiting for 2 more so they could leave. I was done pouting and ready to move on and at least do something with my day.

Handsom Victor was full of energy and upbeat as well as ridiculously funny and within a couple of minutes of being in his van, I had forgotten how upset I was. I don't hold onto things for long and let them keep me down. There's really no point since I have no control over them. I do have control over how I react and what I make out of it though and I believe we all do. There are people that would have let this ruin their entire vacation. Wait.. there are people that did... that went to the Purser's Desk and demanded refunds.. not only for their excursions but for part of their cruise because of the weather.

*Shakes head*

I have to edit some photos before I post about the rest of our day in Belize. Today is New Years Day so Happy New Year everyone! Tomorrow is Latanya's birthday and I'll be gone all day tomorrow taking her to Harry Potter at Universal for the rides and shops. So if you don't get photos from me before Wednesday, just know that I'll be back to post some whenever I can!

Just joining in. I came across your trip report today and have read the whole thing and am really enjoying it. Happy birthday to Latanya. I hope you guys love Universal. My husband and I did it last winter during the unseasonably cold temperatures. We were freezing but Harry Potter made everything all right. If you take any pictures there I'd love to see a mini trip report within your report. I'm kind of a Disney nut :p and hang out on their boards more because I can't find any good trip reports on here, but yours blows them away. Your gift for expression is shown through your writing and photography. I'm booked on Splendor for next Sunday in a Spa cabin and I can't wait to hang out in the spa everyday. This is gonna be our trial run to see if we wanna splurge on spa rooms for a Europe cruise. With all the walking and sight seeing there I think its a must do. After seeing how much you seem to be enjoying it, I'm sure we'll love it. Can't wait to read more!

Still lurking and waiting for more. I've never replied three times on a review before. I went to your website and the pictures are truly inspired. Everythime you talk about your mom I tear up. I still miss mine everyday after 12 years. Have a wonderful time at Universal, and put some pix in here. You know we would all enjoy it. We are all salivating over your photos. Happy new year and happy birthday to Latanya!! Safe travels!