LIVE from the Jewel OTS

We board the Jewel this morning - can't wait to see her! This is our first Radiance class, so I can't wait to see the beauty that everyone's been talking about.

Or, at least, we think we are boarding this morning. I just tried to log into the RCCL website, and it says that currently have no purchased cruises or active reservations. Could make for an interesting morning.... :D

We have been here in Tampa for 2 days, staying at the Hampton Inn in Ybor. This hotel has really turned out to be just what we needed - comfortable, clean rooms within in walking distance to some great shops and restaurants, and perfectly located for accessing downtown Tampa. It's only 1.2 miles from Channelside, so we'll have a quick trip to the port from here.

I will try to post while we are onboard, so hit me with any questions you have about Jewel -- I will try to track down the answers.

Until then, I need to try and get some sleep. Somehow, I passed through my sleepy phase and caught a second wind, and am up waaaayyy later than I intended.

I know you are going to have an awesome time. Looking forward to reading your review.... and by the way it's perfectly normal for reservations to be unavailable online from 3 days before the cruise :)

I figured. It was after midnight, on a our actual sail date. I've just never *seen*, and it was kind of funny to think that we've made it this far and they might not have our reservation.

But I know they're expecting us. Already filled out our Set Sail Pass. And I got an email from the concierge last Thursday asking if we needed anything.

I did get some sleep - about 4 hours. Enough to get me up and moving. My excitement will get me the rest of the way!!

We're doing a B2B on the Jewel in April with some friends who get withdrawal symptoms if forced to be out of internet contact with their world for longer than a day or so, so I'm looking for someone (maybe you?) who is willing to pick up the leaflet (flyer? or whatever?) usually found at the Guest Relations desk that describes internet connectivity and package prices. I was going to pick up one on the Liberty in December but 1) wasn't sure it was the same for all ships and 2) just forgot! Anyway - if you'd be willing to get one I'd appreciate it then when you get back, I can send you my e-mail or mailing address and maybe you can send it to me. It would be greatly appreciated!

Have a GREAT trip! :)

We're doing a B2B on the Jewel in April with some friends who get withdrawal symptoms if forced to be out of internet contact with their world for longer than a day or so, so I'm looking for someone (maybe you?) who is willing to pick up the leaflet (flyer? or whatever?) usually found at the Guest Relations desk that describes internet connectivity and package prices. I was going to pick up one on the Liberty in December but 1) wasn't sure it was the same for all ships and 2) just forgot! Anyway - if you'd be willing to get one I'd appreciate it then when you get back, I can send you my e-mail or mailing address and maybe you can send it to me. It would be greatly appreciated!

Will do. I will also try to get you an idea of what connectivity is like.

It is 8:45 here in the Tampa area and I am willing to bet that you are all dressed,sitting on the edge of your chair,ready to leave for the port(as I would be).Great ship and crew you will have a good time.We are booked for 2/4.

Will do. I will also try to get you an idea of what connectivity is like.

Thanks. Enjoy your trip. BTW, our friends will have their laptop with them and hope to connect wirelessly from their cabin if possible. Don't know if that will make a difference in your "assigned homework". (Don't want to make it sound like a required job - Yikes! ;))

Looking for a place to stay near Tampa for two nights prior to cruise in Mid January. Dont know whether to do beach or water view in Tampa. I would welcome other peoples past experiences. Have fun on the Jewel. Cant wait to hear about your cruise.

Looking for a place to stay near Tampa for two nights prior to cruise in Mid January. Dont know whether to do beach or water view in Tampa. I would welcome other peoples past experiences. Have fun on the Jewel. Cant wait to hear about your cruise.

See you on board! :)

Archived