Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

The flotilla has made a 90 degree turn and is heading southwest. I wonder what's going on.

Still heading southwest?

My live feed indicates a new course of West by southwest which will take them to the sea lane north to Genoa.

The sea lane is stradled by the French Isle of Corsica to the west and the Italian Isles of Elba and Capraia to the east.

Edited by Uniall

My live feed indicates a new course of West by southwest which will take them to the sea lane north to Genoa.

The sea lane is stradled by the French Isle of Corsica to the west and the Italian Isle of Elba to the east.

Thanks. I'm assuming if the weather forecast is favorable, they are looking for the quickest route?

You can definitely figure out which ships they are, on vessel finder. They're the only clump of ships/boats that close together.

Here's a quick screen grab off of Marine Traffic. Right now they're just NW of Giglio...

14745560313_29ec169784_c.jpg

They're that light blue clump of boats just below and right of center...

14725436882_c79128acc5_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

I haven't posted in this thread since they righted the ship, but have checked in frequently. Just in awe to watch her get tugged away. We've witnessed some real heroes in engineering here. I also agree with a previous poster that I hope we will see a documentary at some point.

Edited by tofubeast

Now mainly west. Maybe they are going to pass Elba to the west instead of passing through the straits at Piombino.

The sea lane is stradled by the French Isle of Corsica to the west and the Italian Isles of Elba and Capraia to the east.

You both have it correct.

Remember, France chimed in about Concordia off the coast of Corsica even tho she would be several miles out.

I went to the Giglio website wanting to check in at the port. I hit the live stream cam by mistake. What a surprise. They went out on a boat to follow Concordia. A replay was showing of her going out to sea.

Does anyone know if they will follow along the whole route?

It did look strange, after all this time, to see no damaged ship in the harbor.

I went to the Giglio website wanting to check in at the port. I hit the live stream cam by mistake. What a surprise. They went out on a boat to follow Concordia. A replay was showing of her going out to sea.

Does anyone know if they will follow along the whole route?

It did look strange, after all this time, to see no damaged ship in the harbor.

I've been tracking it at sea since I woke up. I assumed everyone knew about it or I would have mentioned it. I apologize

John

You both have it correct.

Remember, France chimed in about Concordia off the coast of Corsica even tho she would be several miles out.

After giving it some thought I imagine they took the western route around Elba so that they would get out of the protected marine sactuary as soon as possible.

Thanks Carmen. It did say "replay" on the video. Wasn't sure if they were going to do a daily report or not.

They tansfered the camera to the new flotilla boat which I posted above ;):D

Edited by Uniall

Must be very quiet tonight at the Giglio harbor. No more large vessels with generators and engines running non-stop around the clock. Just the pontoon thing with legs and one of the smaller crane ships. Last week must have been particularly nasty with the tug boats constantly pulling without going anywhere. You could hear the low hum of their engines from the live stream camera that was some distance away on the hill. This morning I found out it was placed on someone's balcony. You could see the guy at times relocating the camera and voices in the background. At times you could see the floor or the balcony railing when the camera was relocated.

Luis, I knew it was in some sort of hotel or apartment because of seeing the balcony at times and a few "tours" when they moved the camera. :D Then, as MM pointed out, you could hear the clanking of dishes too.

One noise that took me a while to figure out was the flushing of the loo. :p