Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Probably one of these things:

1. Doing final checks

2. Deciding to go North or South

3. Getting all the convoy in position

She's now perpendicular to the coastline, she's not moving forward as I type, seem to recall seeing this on one of the Parbuckling Project animated videos as part of the plan before departing.

Does she still have a cable between her stern and one of the anchor towers, otherwise she'd be moving forward due to the forward pull from Blizzard/Resolve Earl?

Edited by CTH

I had over 2 years to learn some Italian. Begs the question, "why didn't I do that?" :rolleyes: Would love to know what they are saying in the interviews.

Must be the departure ceremonies going on now with the spray of water.

Edited by SomeBeach

Does anyone know what they are doing with it when it reaches Genoa? I know they are scrapping it but whereabouts will it go for the first stage and what will that involve?

Would be great to get some webcams in Genoa.

Here is a link to Genoa webcams, the second down on the left is the port itself, on the left of the picture today is the P and O Ventura.

The CC is supposed to be going somewhere near the back of the airport which is close to the port, they will remove the decks down to the bow i think and then move the rest of ship to the drydocks you can see in the port webcam picture.

http://www.webcam.comune.genova.it/

Edited by sidari

Looking good on http://www.kielmonitor.de/kino.php?cam=concordia

As soon as the ferry came in, she was off!

Annoyed I missed the water cannon salute live, hopefully the news reports will show it later on.

I think it was around the minute mark that you can see the salute.

I had the Republica TV screen on around 10:30 and they had the church bells chiming.

Mike, what I posted as far as Greenpeace and the other environmental group was from their own interview on the subject after the oil leak. If one or the other aren't there I'd say the gov't might have had something to do with it or they realized the situation was well enough under control. More than likely the latter and they will put their efforts elsewhere.

Or they just wanted to get their names in the paper. :rolleyes:

Sid, thanks for the links.

Edited by SomeBeach

Photo of the port taken as we were coming in to land at Genoa a couple of years ago,Drydocks to the right, you can just make out the Yellow stack of the Costa Neo Romantica which was undergoing a refit at the time.

DSCF0220.jpg

Edited by sidari

I think it was around the minute mark that you can see the salute.

I had the Republica TV screen on around 10:30 and they had the church bells chiming.

I was multi-tasking on several of the cams and got these screen grabs:

14537679258_2da2462586_z.jpg

14537679308_aa7d6ee906_z.jpg

14537679318_44f8725ecf_z.jpg

Thanks Sidari, so I guess it will just be any Google images we can find of the process then, unless like in Giglio someone sets up a specific webcam.

This stream is currently onboard a boat following the CC

http://video.repubblica.it/dossier/costa-concordia-il-recupero/concordia-in-rotta-verso-genova-diretta-dal-giglio/172219/170762