Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

The Resolve Earl and the Blizzard are almost identical in size.
OK - I take it then...

that both of them are Big Mothers - selected for this job.

A friend of mine who knows small ships a bit

reckons that their propellers are on the order of 12 ft. dia.

Does that sound right?

I've been using a different tracking link than the ones above.

www.vesselfinder.com/?mmsi=247359600

I prefer it because I can click on every other ship and get photos, descriptions, registry, etc on all ships.

As of 1045am (US CDT) July 25, The Concordia Flotilla is 50 km Southwest of La Spezia, Italy and 100 km Southeast of Genoa.

The closest craft are:

1. 12 fishing boats 25 km off her Starboard (6 Starboard Bow)

2. 4 Cargo Ships 25-50 km off her Port (2 Port Bow)

Click On Photo To Enlarge

1792967834_ConcordiaFlotilla25July2014USCDT1045am.jpg.6953c10ff11a7dfd7fbc0e8dfeac6911.jpg

Yes, they are identical.

If you use my link (2 posts up) you can click on them and access all of their info.

Both were:

Built in 1987

Gross Tonage 2311 t

Net Tonnage 693 t

Deadweight 2499 t

Demensions 70 X 16 M

Draught 6.501 M

Any chance they are actually identical??

2787.jpg

RESOLVEEARL-2.jpg

Edited by Uniall

Yes, they are identical.

If you use my link (2 posts up) you can click on them and access all of their info.

Both were:

Built in 1987

Gross Tonage 2311 t

Net Tonnage 693 t

Deadweight 2499 t

Demensions 70 X 16 M

Draught 6.501 M

For some reason the Blizzard's listed bollard pull is a little less than the Resolve Earl. Maybe they have slightly different options.

Pretty close, but the Blizzard has 140 tons of bollard pull and the Resove Earl has 135 tons of bollard pull. The Blizzard also has a slightly deeper draft.

Sorry, need to try posting the PDFs again.

http://www.resolvemarine.com/spec_sheets/ResolveEarl_anchor_handling_tug.pdf

http://www.tschudioffshore.com/download/1624

http://www.tschudioffshore.com/download/1633

Edited by MorganMars

For some reason the Blizzard's listed bollard pull is a little less than the Resolve Earl. Maybe they have slightly different options.

Interesting. I've found conflicting data for the listed bollard pull on each vessel. I think you are probably right, though, since the original spec sheets shows Blizzard at 140 and Resolve Earl at 150.

Unmitigated gall:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/10988416/Schettino-accuses-Giglio-residents-of-exploiting-Costa-Concordia-departure.html

Schettino accuses Giglio residents of exploiting Costa Concordia departure

Former captain, currently on trial, claims inhabitants of Italian island profited from operation by renting balconies with views to spectators

:mad:

http://www.lastampa.it/2014/07/25/italia/speciali/concordia/chiamatelo-porto-di-pr-la-concordia-e-le-aspettative-del-borgo-UfCdu9VhVXzblnqwUkovrO/pagina.html

Google Translation:

THE LAST TRIP OF CONCORDIA

07/25/2014

"Port of Call Pra"

La Concordia and expectations of the village

The Primavera Foundation prepares a dossier with useful information,

historical notes, observation points and some claim A boost for Pra and more attention by the institutions for this delegation. Here's what you expect Primavera Foundation, active in the area, from the arrival of Concord: "In the meantime - explains Nico Gallons, a member of the Foundation - we expect an act of historical justice and place names. With the arrival of the media we hope will clarify that the so-called port of Voltri is actually the port of Pra. Voltri begins where, in the west, ends on Vte (Voltri Terminal Europa), our port.

The brochure in Italian contains an image of where Concordia is to be docked when it arrives.:

http://www.supratutto.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/COSTA-CONCORDIA-A-PRA.pdf

http://www.porto.genova.it/notizie/1-marzo-a-palazzo-san-giorgio.html

The area of ​​Pra Voltri that will host the first stage of lightening Concordia is divided, as illustrated by the chairman of the Port Authority of Genoa Luigi Merlo, in two distinct areas.

The first is that the breakwater where the Concordia will be positioned, the yard will occupy a part of the dam for a length of 470 meters, a width of 12 meters. They will operate two mobile cranes, a 100 ton and 10-ton, two elevators and two gangways, electricity, compressed air, drinking water and fire protection system will be guaranteed by barges.

The second area, one side of the earth, destined to receive and select material downloaded from the border, covers an area 57 meters long, 27 meters wide, will have electrical connections, drinking water, sewerage and compressed air. It will be operating a shuttle to the ship.

http://www.porto.genova.it/notizie/merlo-su-prima-fase-lavori-concordia.html

The first phase of work on the dam Pra lasting about five months, said the Chairman of the Authority Portule Genoa Luigi Merlo, should lighten the Concordia to reach 18,000 tons by the wreck dive to a maximum of 15 meters.

In detail - says Merlo - will be demolished and landed the furniture and fittings for the deck 14 to deck 2, in particular, will be removed personal belongings of the crew and passengers landing of TV, computers, lamps, mini-bar and removal of windows, landing mattresses, curtains, carpet and furniture is not fixed, removal of fixtures and divisional bulkheads, dismantling of the air conditioning ducts, plastic pipe and electrical equipment, demolition and landing floors and foundations, dismantling and landing the installations of kitchens, pantries and stations of conditioning.

The ship's structure and thus its modulus will remain unchanged, even considering the beneficial effect due to the subtraction of weights it can be assumed that there will be a condition of structural stress less than the arrival of the wreck.

During the decommissioning materials will first be separated according to the different types and transferred with the aid of forklifts and trucks from the wreck to the dam and then by barge and with the help of two cranes on the quay Voltri.

http://www.porto.genova.it/notizie/dalla-mezzanotte-di-oggi-vietato-l-accesso-alla-diga-foranea-del-porto-di-pra-voltri.html

The order signed by the President this afternoon Merlo to ensure full security in anticipation of the arrival of the Costa Concordia

Genoa - From midnight tonight will be forbidden to enter and be stationed on the entire stretch of the inner and outer breakwater and the breakwater of the port of Pra Voltri .

This is what provides the order signed this afternoon by the President of the Port Authority of Genoa Luigi Merlo , in agreement with the Maritime Authority, to ensure full security in anticipation of the arrival of the Costa Concordia .

The ordinance exempts from the prohibition insiders port operations and the preliminary works to accommodate the Concordia. The ban will remain until further notice.

In the attached file with the layout of the forbidden zone and the text of ' order .

Genoa, July 23, 2014

http://www.lastampa.it/2014/07/25/italia/speciali/concordia/la-concordia-si-avvicina-a-genova-larrivo-previsto-allalba-di-domenica-6IV1svYE3U7tRYdDfc1SSI/pagina.html

The Concordia is close to Genoa

The arrival at dawn on Sunday

For berthing at the port of Pra-Voltri will require 4-6 hours of work.

concluded unsuccessfully searches last missing person Giglio

Meanwhile ended with negative results Isola del Giglio research body of Russel Rebello, the last of the 32 missing victims of the sinking of the Costa Concordia. It only remains to wait for the inspection of the wreck when it will be brought to the floating dock in Genoa. The five teams of divers of the firefighters and the Coast Guard inspected for eight hours before the portion of the seabed where the wreck was lying that until now was inaccessible.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know I have not commented much in the last few weeks, but I have been following the thread and I found it amazing how wonderful all of you have worked together to bring so much information to everyone.

Especially those who started without much of a maritime background. Frankly I think you all are now Maritime experts!..........Congratulations to everyone of you.

I watch the Concordia now and I can feel nothing by sadness over the whole event and the 32 lives lost and the pain and suffering of everyone who was aboard her.

She is a destroyed *Lady of the seas*, but yet there is still a bit of dignity about her, like she is determined to make it to her last port where her duty will be completed.

Good bye Grand Lady..........you deserved better!

AKK

Edited by Tonka's Skipper

MM, thanks for all the links.

Of course the saddest is that Russel wasn't found. Still a big thanks to the teams that spent so much time going over the seabed in an attempt to find him. Now our hopes will switch to Concordia herself.

John, the site I watch allows for checking all the ships too. I just click on the indicators. For me, I like the site zoomed in a bit so I see land. It gives me a better idea of exactly where she is. Course that also makes the vessels pile on each other but I can still mouse over and get the speed.

Tonka, thanks but I sure don't put me up in the expert category. I have, when asked by friends, been able to give a reasonable account of what was happening. For that I am grateful to the experts we did have on here.

Also, if you've followed us you know there have been several sentiments expressed about Concordia. I have commented a few times because I wanted the Lady to have her dignity. I do believe her departure from Giglio gave her that.

Tonka's Skipper,

I want to give you thanks. You gave me insight on large ship operations which I much appreciated.

Ladies and Gentlemen' date='

I know I have not commented much in the last few weeks, but I have been following the thread and I found it amazing how wonderful all of you have worked together to bring so much information to everyone.

Especially those who started without much of a maritime background. Frankly I think you all are now Maritime experts!..........Congratulations to everyone of you.

I watch the Concordia now and I can feel nothing by sadness over the whole event and the 32 lives lost and the pain and suffering of everyone who was aboard her.

She is a destroyed *Lady of the seas*, but yet there is still a bit of dignity about her, like she is determined to make it to her last port where her duty will be completed.

Good bye Grand Lady..........you deserved better!

AKK[/quote']