east coast gets cheated again

H82seaUgo

Splendor over Dream and Magic?

How are Miracle and Legend so different? Just curious.

I haven't been on the Dream or Magic (and until it is moved I'll never be on the Magic).

My impression of the Legend was it was dark and dingy, the Miracle much brighter. Also our cruise on the Legend puts the lie to Spirit class ships not being crowded, there were always huge mobs everywhere. Our Legend cruise was during March break and the Miracle was in May so that may have had a lot to do with the perception.

I'm not a big fan of the mouse maze layout of that class anyway.

Glad he speaks for all of New York Metro area. I'm sure there are a few that are happy with this change. ;)

Uh Yeah...not so much...adding 1000 more people...same stops...non smoking Lido

Looks like they may lose a group of cruisers

The Pride sounds good...but really...freeport...nassau...Port nothing...:cool:

Sadly, this is a business transaction for Carnival. Carnival saw the market increase, and therefore want to cramp another 800-900 passengers on a ship for more revenue :(

I too prefer the less crowded ships like the Miracle

If I ran a business, I would have to make decisions based on maximizing revenue as well. If fact, for a publicly traded company such as CCL, stockholders pretty much demand it.

The simple fact is that there is extremely high demand not only in NYC but on the entire northeast seaboard. Don't be surprised if the upcoming ship deployments include a second ship in Baltimore.

Now if only Carnival would include some new ports... :(

Amen!! The PC, Nassau & Freeport winter itinerary is really kind of a drag.

I was thinking that Denver CO might be a great new port! We have NO ships here- and you are all squabbling about WHICH ships you have. We are seriously left out!:D

Get a time. Pangea also wasn't created in a day.

I haven't been on the Dream or Magic (and until it is moved I'll never be on the Magic).

My impression of the Legend was it was dark and dingy, the Miracle much brighter. Also our cruise on the Legend puts the lie to Spirit class ships not being crowded, there were always huge mobs everywhere. Our Legend cruise was during March break and the Miracle was in May so that may have had a lot to do with the perception.

I'm not a big fan of the mouse maze layout of that class anyway.

Thanks. Im on Splendor in the heart of the March break. I have lowered expectations accordingly. At least I have a balcony to escape craziness if necessary.

legend has alot of creepy urns

LOL!! :D That really did make me laugh out loud.

I liked the Legend..had a great cruise on it. Our best CCL cruise was the Miracle (the first time I sailed her back in 2004)

Our second trip on her wasn't as good unfortunately....

Next up for us is to try the one remaining Spirit class ship.

Thanks. Im on Splendor in the heart of the March break. I have lowered expectations accordingly. At least I have a balcony to escape craziness if necessary.

As long as you don't have a phobia about pink frosted donuts you should be fine. Make sure you check out the Tandoor station at the aft pool, it's great.

I may be wrong... but doesn't splendor have the covered pool area. If so I think it is a great idea. I mean with the temps in New york changing so much with the seasons I think a pool that could be used in the winter from a colder port is great

I may be wrong... but doesn't splendor have the covered pool area. If so I think it is a great idea. I mean with the temps in New york changing so much with the seasons I think a pool that could be used in the winter from a colder port is great

both the miracle and the glory that sail out of NY had cover pools

LOL!! :D That really did make me laugh out loud.

I liked the Legend..had a great cruise on it. Our best CCL cruise was the Miracle (the first time I sailed her back in 2004)

Our second trip on her wasn't as good unfortunately....

Next up for us is to try the one remaining Spirit class ship.

Me too, but they're moving it down under. That's not where you're heading soon, right?

There was a discussion several months ago about what ship would replace the Spirit on the West Coast. I said then that it would be another Spirit class (though I voted for the Pride since the Miracle had just then relocated to NY). It's the best size for Alaska. The larger ships won't fit.

There was a discussion several months ago about what ship would replace the Spirit on the West Coast. I said then that it would be another Spirit class (though I voted for the Pride since the Miracle had just then relocated to NY). It's the best size for Alaska. The larger ships won't fit.

The Splendor fitting into Alaska is not the problem. Princess has ships that are larger than the Splendor sailing Alaska. The problem is that the West Coast market is not doing very well right now. Switching the Miracle and the Splendor gave them the opportunity to move a smaller ship to a lower yielding market and a larger ship to a higher yielding market.

Another thing is that the Miracle is a better fit for Alaska than the Splendor. The Spirit class ships have a very high proportion of Balcony cabins compared to interior/oceanview cabins. Unlike the Splendor which has a lower percentage of balcony cabins. Even though the Miracle is a much smaller ship than the Splendor, she has over 100 more balcony cabins that the Splendor has. Balcony cabins in Alaska are extremely popular, thus again making the Miracle a better choice ship.

You're definitely right....

East Coast for CCL (as I recall): NY, Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Pt. Canaveral, Ft Lauderdale, Miami (you could include Tampa as well although that's considered "Gulf")

West Coast: LA and San Diego (and Seattle/Vancouver in the Summer for Alaska)

Come May San diego will not be a homeport for Carnival anymore :(

Archived