Suite Question: What is the "Exclusive Elite Lounge"?

jchipgcs

Couple questions:

We've got a suite on the Caribbean Princess in April. On the Princess website that has the perks for being in a suite it mentions an "Exclusive Elite Lounge with complimentary hors d’oeuvres". What / Where would that be and is it open all the time?

2nd question is about coffee. On a recent NCL trup their suites all had super automatic espresso machines where we could make our own unlimited coffee drinks in the cabin, no extra charge. Anything like that on Princess?

Thanks!

There is no exclusive Elite lounge on any Princess ship. A section in one of the bars will be sectioned off for Elite & Platinum passengers to enjoyfree hors d’oeuvres and a discounted drink of the day. I think it is open for a couple of hours say around 5-7 pm each night but not sure....

Suites do not have coffee makers of any kind.

We've gone to the Elite lounge before dinner and sort of liked it because it was never crowded. Also, some of hors d’oeuvres, I thought were very tasty. I know that this is definitely a personal matter of taste, but I liked that they had steak tartar. I know, I know... but I look at it as land based sushi.:p;):D

All Princess ships have it..

Except for the Sun-class ships... no room was the reason given to us on the Sea Princess... don't know about the little girls either.

We've gone to the Elite lounge before dinner and sort of liked it because it was never crowded. Also, some of hors d’oeuvres, I thought were very tasty. I know that this is definitely a personal matter of taste, but I liked that they had steak tartar. I know, I know... but I look at it as land based sushi.:p;):D

I agree, I enjoy the steak tartare the most! :)

We've gone to the Elite lounge before dinner and sort of liked it because it was never crowded.
It's not exclusive to Elite. :) It's open to all Platinum, Elite and full suite passengers. Whether it's crowded or not depends on the number of sea days, length of the cruise and itinerary. I expect it to be packed on my upcoming Star cruise and would be very surprised if it isn't. The one thing I don't like about it is if you have late traditional dining or like to eat later, it closes too early unless you start drinking pretty early. I've found that the quality of the hors d'oeurves varies from ship-to-ship. On the Coral, they were terrific. On the Crown in 2010, there was just veggie dip most nights. It was pretty bad.

We've only utilized the perk 2 or 3 times & never seen anything like that....only some veggies, dip & cheese. [/font]
It was like the photos on the Coral Princess a couple of years ago; cheese, veggies and dip on the Crown and Sapphire. Edited by Pam in CA

You have a lot of experience with platinum/elite. We are boarding the Island tomorrow and we are platinum for the first time. It is a 10 day Panama Canal cruise. What your guess as to what % of the passengers on this type of cruise would be platinum/elite.

Look for a card in your room when you board. It lists the menu for the Platinum, Elite & suite lounge for each night of your cruise. We have usually been checked the first time we go to the reception on a cruise, but they recognize us from then on.

And even though it is suppose to be reserved, anyone can go. Most of the time no one is there to check access. And if there is, just say you are in a suite and they will let you in.

On the other hand, if you're there for the booze special as well as nosh, I wonder what would happen if you handed the bartender a blue or gold card.

Edited by shepp

On the other hand, if you're there for the booze special as well as nosh, I wonder what would happen if you handed the bartender a blue or gold card.

He might think that you came with an elite.

Suite cards can be blue so he might not notice anything.

He might notice and charge you the extra 2 bucks.

He could notice and just not care.

He might take the drink out of your hand and throw it in your face.

My expereince with most bartenders is that they are not interested in arguing with customers and will do whatever is easiest.

When we were on the Island for a 10-night Panama Canal cruise, the percentage of Platinum+ passengers was not that high. There weren't many people at the evening cocktail event. They held it in a small corner of the Explorers Lounge.

We really enjoy going to the event almost every evening. We always have late seating traditional dining, so a light snack and a drink are great at that time of day.