A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

They're going slow now because there's a speed limit in the channel. The Pride is due in at 9 so they're not late yet.;)

I also think the Pride entered the bay a little later than normal.

You're spot on! I watch Pride's comings and goings every week and she usually crosses over the Bay Bridge/Tunnel between 11:30 and 12:00. Last evening they arrived at that point at 12:30. On Friday I noticed that Pride left Freeport about an hour late - - the likely cause of later-than-usual crossing into the bay.

~ Dave

You're spot on! I watch Pride's comings and goings every week and she usually crosses over the Bay Bridge/Tunnel between 11:30 and 12:00. Last evening they arrived at that point at 12:30. On Friday I noticed that Pride left Freeport about an hour late - - the likely cause of later-than-usual crossing into the bay.

~ Dave

If they slowed they slowed after passing the Bay Bridge. It is ~two hours from here to Baltimore...I watch the ships sail in/out each sailing...and when I'm on the ship, I know when I'm passing my neighborhood.

BTW, I don't say anything that isn't "good natured," or true.

To all those sailing tomorrow...have a wonderful time!!!

Cruzette, out!

Jimbo~ I see that you are also sailing tomorrow on the Explorer.

Have a wonderful and relaxing cruise. :)

Wishing you Calm seas and Trading soft breezes.

One of these days, I will have to try the Explorer, as I hear she is a great ship.

Take care and have Fun......:D

The Enchantment just showed up on Marinetraffic off of Virginia Beach going 9.7 kts.

She'll be into Baltimore earlier than 7 am. Normally she would have been where she is now at 8 or 9 pm tonight. Hence, the 9.7 knots. No rush.

She made excellent time to get to where she is now.

She's not even reporting an ETA

It's either gonna be a slow ride up the bay (very nice) or they want to tie up early and get the parts and repairs underway.

Will the passengers be able to get off early if they want?

Can the passengers with flight arrangements just stay put till they are suppose to get off. (I suspect both of the above)

Well it's sunny, nice day overall for Maryland this time of year.

Sudsy:)

She made excellent time to get to where she is now.

She's not even reporting an ETA

It's either gonna be a slow ride up the bay (very nice) or they want to tie up early and get the parts and repairs underway.

Will the passengers be able to get off early if they want?

Can the passengers with flight arrangements just stay put till they are suppose to get off. (I suspect both of the above)

Well it's sunny, nice day overall for Maryland this time of year.

Sudsy:)

Now I'm quoting myself!

I wonder if News Channel 45 (FOX Baltimore) will be on hand to interview the "poor starving passengers"! I sure hope so!:eek:

Now I'm quoting myself!

I wonder if News Channel 45 (FOX Baltimore) will be on hand to interview the "poor starving passengers"! I sure hope so!:eek:

Why don't you call them and "suggest" they do that?:D

After the article and video clip appeared I sent an e-mail to the reporter via the station stating my opinion of her reporting and asked for a balanced report. Maybe she will show up at the docks tomorrow. I hope so.

I totally agree that someone should call the station and request that they send a team.

Ooops, that's 2200 UTS - what's that, 3am maybe?

2200 UTC is 1700 or 5 pm. They're due in tomorrow am. It takes about 8.5 hours to normally get up the bay from the rt 13 bay bridge tunnel. They'll probably be a little early.

Where are you seeing 2200? On Marine traffic I'm still seeing 00:00 which it's been showing for a couple of days (and even says that is from 2.5 days ago) and I think means they don't have an estimated time yet.

My guess is that RCCL is waiting to see if the part that's being flown in will fix the problem before they're forced to make that decision.

My guess is that NOBODY on these boards knows even 1/10th of the total story, and all the speculation is pure nonesense.

I just spoke to a customer service representative regarding our sailing that is scheduled for 3/19/2012--

The ship has under gone repairs; however, they did not completely repair the problem on board--hence the modified itinerary for the sailing departing tomorrow on February 27, 2012.

I was told that any other itinerary changes going forward would be announced as late as possible with hopes that they will be able to resume their regularly scheduled sailings as soon as possible.

We were told that a modified itinerary could mean that the port call at Labadee could be cancelled to allow for an extra day to return back to Baltimore from SanJuan, Puerto Rico. Additionally, passengers on any sailings that experience modified itineraries due to this mechanical issue would likely recieve an undisclosed onboard credit as compensation for the inconvenience.

I hope the issue is resolved prior to our sailing...I would hate to miss our day in Labadee. I was told that any shore excursions that are already booked would be credited once on board the ship.

Good luck to everyone scheduled on the Enchantment over the next few weeks--let's hope that everything else works out and we can all still enjoy a wonderful vacation at sea!!

It hasn't been "hijacked". This entire thread is about the current cruise and future of Enchantment. That said, other threads that were opened about the same subject were closed by the mods because this thread was open.[/quote]

And you know that how?

The moderator posted on the other thread that was opened. I as well as others read it. That was quite a few days ago. I'm sorry that I can't prove it by giving you a link but if you dig back about 5 or 6 pages you might find it if it has not been removed.

It hasn't been "hijacked". This entire thread is about the current cruise and future of Enchantment. That said, other threads that were opened about the same subject were closed by the mods because this thread was open.[/quote]

And you know that how?

Clean1owner: Because BND can read post #5 of following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1578512

Gregg

Vesselfinder.com shows ETA of 00:00. Using marinetraffic.com, when I first bring it up, I can click on the ship symbol and get the box of info. It does show ETA: 2012-02-26 22:00 (UTC). But that's about 45 minutes ago, I think. OK, I won't post any more confusion.

The moderator posted on the other thread that was opened. I as well as others read it. That was quite a few days ago. I'm sorry that I can't prove it by giving you a link but if you dig back about 5 or 6 pages you might find it if it has not been removed.

beachnative:

Found the link. It is in post #648 above.

Gregg

Archived