A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

I'll miss going to Labadee, Hati. I had plans of dragging my body onto a jet ski for the first time while there (now you all are spared that sight) but I'll gladly trade it for this new itinerary. .

We did the jet ski in Labadee and we could not wait to get off the dang thing. I needed to put on sunscreen and as a result it was similar to riding a greased pig. The salt water was burning my eyes...I was miserable. We tried jet skies again later when in Key West on a different trip. It was better but just not my thing at all!!!

Enjoy St. Thomas!!!

Here's what I received in my email account:

We would like to provide you with important information regarding modifications to the itinerary for your sailing onboard Enchantment of the Seas. Enchantment of the Seas is currently sailing at a reduced rate of speed. Because of the ship’s reduced speed, it is necessary to make some adjustments to your scheduled itinerary. We apologize for this development and regret its impact on your cruise. You will receive your revised itinerary at check in, or you may view it on our website. As a gesture of goodwill, and to thank you for your cooperation, Royal Caribbean International will provide your stateroom with an onboard credit. Again, we apologize for these developments and their impact on your scheduled itinerary and your vacation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard Enchantment of the Seas on Monday.

Here is what my TA forwarded to me ...

February 24, 2012

Dear Travel Partner,

We are writing to provide you with important information regarding your

clients booked on the Monday, February 27, 2012, sailing of Enchantment of

the Seas. We have sent out a cruise notification message directly to guests

booked on this sailing to advise of an itinerary change.

On Saturday,February 18, while Enchantment of the Seas' was docked in

Baltimore, Maryland, we became aware of a mechanical issue with one of the

ship's two port propulsion motors. We were able to bring technicians

onboard that assisted us in making repairs that restored partial power to

the affected motor. However, despite the repairs to the second propulsion

motor, the ship is cruising at a reduced rate of speed. It should be noted

that this issue has no impact on the maneuverability of the ship or on the

safety of our guests and crew.

After reviewing Enchantment of the Seas' scheduled itinerary and taking the

ship's reduced speed into account, it is necessary to make some adjustments.

We apologize for this development and regret its impact on your client's

sailing. We have made every effort to minimize the disruption, and have

also extended the stays in several ports of call. The revised itinerary

will be:

DAY PORT ARRIVAL DEPARTURE

Monday Baltimore, Maryland 4:00 p.m.

Tuesday At sea

Wednesday At sea

Thursday At sea

Friday Tortola, B.V.I 8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

Saturday St. Johns, Antigua 8:00 a.m. 1:30 a.m.

Sunday Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 a.m. 12:30 a.m.

Monday Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

Tuesday San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

Wednesday At sea

Thursday At sea

Friday At sea

Saturday Baltimore, Maryland 7:00 a.m.

As a gesture of goodwill, and to thank guests for their understanding and

cooperation, Royal Caribbean International will provide each stateroom with

an onboard credit (please don't tell Jimbo the amount). The credit will be applied directly to their onboard

account and may be applied to any onboard purchases. Any unused portion of

this will be refunded to them. Also, as it is necessary to cancel the call

to Labadee, Haiti, guests who purchased shore excursions for Labadee will

have those funds automatically refunded to them in the form of a credit to

their onboard account.

Again, we apologize for these unexpected developments. As always, we thank

you for your ongoing support of Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International®

Booking IDs

I would love to be on the 2/27 sailing. What an awesome itinerary. I just can't figure out how i would make my 3/11 sailing on the Adventure unless i just got off the ship in San Juan and stayed there until I leave on 3/11. :) Have fun everyone!

do you guys guess they will start telling ppl about the altered itinerary?

sounds like you guys on the 27th are getting a hook up both in changes AND obc. awesome! Not to mention a 12 day cruise. so jealous;)

I think most people must know by now. We got (between my wife and I) five robo-calls and four email messages. I'm fine with the new itinerary, it does give us more time in ports, and I prefer sea days anyway, but it was always a 12 day cruise so no change there. As for the OBC, we'll see what they give, I'm not expecting much, but I'm happy to spend whatever they give. I do have to say I kind of like the adventure aspect of this cruise. It's been pretty exciting watching this all unfold. I'm looking forward to a great cruise, and we have a outstanding group in our roll call so we should have a blast.

Just happened onto this thread. It reminded me of an earlier (1995) trip on one of the Oceania ships. We got to the docks and there was no ship. Supposed to depart about 5:00 PM and the ship didn’t arrive until about 4:00. Very little information from the cruise lines. Everyone was furious. Hot sun - little shade etc.

Finally got onboard and of course none of the luggage was delivered until late that night. Dinner was a buffet in the main DR.

Ship only had one engine as well. Soot from the stack kept dropping down onto the aft.

We missed one of the ports because we were traveling so slow. The entire trip was so bad we couldn’t help but laugh. It turned out to be the one cruise we remember the most – and there have been about 10 more since.

A vacation is what you make it. Laugh at the bad stuff and enjoy the good.

I can one up you on that.....I flew down to New Orleans two days early to sail on the Grandeur of the Seas, only the ship never showed up. It hit the pier in Costa Maya and had a huge hole in the side and couldn't sail until it was fixed. RC at that time made no provisions for all the people who were already in NO, and told those who hadn't left their homes to stay home. They couldn't give us any idea of when the ship would show up and only offered a full refund, so we took that and flew home and our cruise insurance paid for a "disrupted trip" and we got to enjoy 3 days in New Orleans. We never got any future cruise discounts either:(

I would love to be on the 2/27 sailing. What an awesome itinerary. I just can't figure out how i would make my 3/11 sailing on the Adventure unless i just got off the ship in San Juan and stayed there until I leave on 3/11. :) Have fun everyone!

The cruise ends on March 10. You fly from Baltimore to San Juan on March 10. You then board the Adventure OTS on March 11.

Here is what my TA forwarded to me ...

As a gesture of goodwill, and to thank guests for their understanding and

cooperation, Royal Caribbean International will provide each stateroom with

an onboard credit (please don't tell Jimbo the amount).

You guys really crack me up!

Really confused by this page. Could the ship been sitting at 0 speed that long? Never shows the arrival into Nassau

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/datasheet.aspx?datasource=ITINERARIES&MMSI=311733000

Jimbo:)

Those zeroes are while she was IN Nassau. The time is in UTC (Greenwich mean time) which is 5 hours ahead of us here on the east coast.

Archived