A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

My guess is that NOBODY on these boards knows even 1/10th of the total story, and all the speculation is pure nonesense.

Any post that starts with 'my guess' and proceeds to call people's speculation 'nonsense' is as hypocritical as it gets.:rolleyes:

Clean1owner: Because BND can read post #5 of following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1578512

Gregg

Thank you for the kind clarification.

That is the first I have ever seen a Host direct posters to another thread. The only thing I have ever seen a Host post about closed threads pretty much said "You are not to ask on these boards why a thread was closed. You are to just accept it"

My guess is that NOBODY on these boards knows even 1/10th of the total story, and all the speculation is pure nonesense.

Oh but we are having fun trying to guess the unknown... I would much prefer to speculate on cruise ships than politicans!

Help! Where do I find the poster to print for my stateroom door. Sailing on the EN tomorrow & anticipating one of our best cruises ever since we'll be cruising for six days! We can't wait since the EN was the 1st cruise we ever went on back in 1998 - hence our screen name. Take care & happy sailing everyone. :cool:

Sue :)

You're late to the party:rolleyes:

Some of us have been posting for days. Hence, that is how I KNEW what the moderators had said/done.:D

Help! Where do I find the poster to print for my stateroom door. Sailing on the EN tomorrow & anticipating one of our best cruises ever since we'll be cruising for six days! We can't wait since the EN was the 1st cruise we ever went on back in 1998 - hence our screen name. Take care & happy sailing everyone. :cool:

Found it under Meet & Mingle. :o

It is 7:09pm and the Pride is cruising past Shady Side...hope they all have a wonderful cruise!

right on time down here 7:20pm est.

The EOS going by in the middle of the day last week through me for a loop. I ultimately found myself on this RCI board trying to find out why it was so far behind schedule, I usually lurk on the DCL boards. Some of these RCI folks are a trip, I like the one guy sitting by the pool bar drinking his OBC, I thought that was a new drink .:confused:

Jimbo~ I see that you are also sailing tomorrow on the Explorer.

Have a wonderful and relaxing cruise. :)

Wishing you Calm seas and Trading soft breezes.

One of these days, I will have to try the Explorer, as I hear she is a great ship.

Take care and have Fun......:D

Will do, Thanks !

Jimbo:)

FYI -

The arrival time listed by the AIS data (2/26 @ 2200UTC) was the time that she picked up the pilot off of Virgina Beach.

I did a quick check, and with her new iteneray, she only had to average 16.5 knots to stay on schedule.

Aloha,

John

I plan on sailing for all 12 nights... Why are you getting off the ship early??? :D

I know that this has been reported elsewhere but seeing that there now appears to be multiple threads about the Enchantment I will give a short recap of today's events on EnOS. We were sailing at around 12.5 knots since leaving Nassau which would have gotten us back to Baltimore on time at 7 am tomorrow. Sometime today we increased speed to around 17+ knots due to a sick passenger. We met the pilot boat about two hours early and transferred the sick passenger to it. I do not know if we will arrive early tomorrow but at worst we will still be on time. I must say, when I looked at our wake this morning while at higher speed it was evident that both propellers were being used although the Captain did say that the ship cannot do her normal cruising speed of over 20 knots.

I know that this has been reported elsewhere but seeing that there now appears to be multiple threads about the Enchantment I will give a short recap of today's events on EnOS. We were sailing at around 12.5 knots since leaving Nassau which would have gotten us back to Baltimore on time at 7 am tomorrow. Sometime today we increased speed to around 17+ knots due to a sick passenger. We met the pilot boat about two hours early and transferred the sick passenger to it. I do not know if we will arrive early tomorrow but at worst we will still be on time. I must say, when I looked at our wake this morning while at higher speed it was evident that both propellers were being used although the Captain did say that the ship cannot do her normal cruising speed of over 20 knots.

I plan on sailing for all 12 nights... Why are you getting off the ship early??? :D

Me thinks you misread the meaning of "since we'll be cruising for six days". It is a twelve night cruise - meaning thirteen days. The first and last day in in Baltimore, leaving eleven days. We will visit five ports (instead of six) leaving six days at sea, or six days of cruising.

I know that this has been reported elsewhere but seeing that there now appears to be multiple threads about the Enchantment I will give a short recap of today's events on EnOS.

It would have been short - if you hadn't posted it twice. :)

Sorry about the double post. I was using my Blackberry and the signal was in and out. I'm back donating what's left of my credit to RCI.

What a kind thing to do!!! I didn't have a problem with 2 identical posts. It happens to the best of us.

I hope you'll give RCI another chance and cruise again!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!:)

Archived