A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

Me thinks you misread the meaning of "since we'll be cruising for six days". It is a twelve night cruise - meaning thirteen days. The first and last day in in Baltimore, leaving eleven days. We will visit five ports (instead of six) leaving six days at sea, or six days of cruising.

OK, thanks... that's what I meant... we'll be cruising for six days & the rest on land. Cruise fever is getting worse!! :D

You're late to the party:rolleyes:

Some of us have been posting for days. Hence, that is how I KNEW what the moderators had said/done.:D

My post about speculation had to do with all the wild guesses about what is wrong with the ship, what it will take to repair it, and how long it will take.

We seem to have a lot of armchair engineers here. And comming from an extensive mechanical background, many of them are quite rediculous.

My post about speculation had to do with all the wild guesses about what is wrong with the ship, what it will take to repair it, and how long it will take.

We seem to have a lot of armchair engineers here. And comming from an extensive mechanical background, many of them are quite rediculous.

Why do you care? Quit overthinking it. A lot of posters here have extensive engineering backgrounds and several have years of US naval service. You don't know either so why bother talking down to everyone? Not to mention no one has said they know what's wrong. Most of us are hoping it's repaired so everyone can enjoy their cruise and not wonder about their vacation time. For some reason you felt a need to come here and impart your "wisdom".

My comment was that you questioned how I knew about the mods telling us all to post here. You got the explanation.

Looks like CCL Pride and EN will pass each other very shortly just west of Smith Island in the Bay. They are currently 9 nm apart and closing.

Rick and Deirdra

I've been watching them slowly approach. It appears EN will be early. She definitely won't be late.:D

We, who are sailing on the EN tomorrow are cool with all the comments since we know we'll be boarding soon for our cruise. :cool: :D

All I can say is that despite everythIng (and maybe because) I had a great time the last nine days. A lot of this is due to the great crew of the Enchantment of the Seas. To everyone one the next sailing and all future sailings, bon voyage.

Thanks... and thanks for the updates. I hope the joy this vacation brought you carries you until your next one. :)

AIS showing EN 6 1/2 hours from Baltimore. Currently now passing CCL Pride just SW of Smith Island. Hoping all on board have had a great cruise, and those boarding tomorrow . . . have a WONDERFUL cruise. We had an outstanding B2B on EN a few years back. Have FUN!!!'

Rick and Deirdra

AIS showing EN 6 1/2 hours from Baltimore. Currently now passing CCL Pride just SW of Smith Island. Hoping all on board have had a great cruise, and those boarding tomorrow . . . have a WONDERFUL cruise. We had an outstanding B2B on EN a few years back. Have FUN!!!'

Rick and Deirdra

So, they should be in a couple of hours early. I was trying to watch the track, but EN didn't update for a bit and when it did, it jumped past Pride.

I just sent messages to all of the Washington DC TV stations. I don't get Baltimore news down here in southern Maryland so the tip lines weren't handy. Hopefully at least one of them will show up to get the "real story" from all of the sea-sick, starving passengers (if those folks can stop cheering and laughing long enough)

I sent the stations a link to the story that was on Baltimore chan 45 news last week so they can see what was said.

Sudsy:D

ain't I a stinker!!!:eek:

I've been watching since 3:15am and as of 4am (the time She normally passes by) the Enchantment is MIA. Gotta leave for work...everyone keep their fingers/toes crossed that she arrives safely and those boarding today have a marvelous trip!

Have now caught up with this thread and am so looking forward to hearing the OP's review of his cruise. I loved his enthusiasm of a first visit to the USA as well as the ship.

As a Brit who needs a long haul flight anyway, I would never fancy going to the Caribbean from the NE in winter. Oh wait, hang on a minute. I am on Jewel out of Boston in late October, Repo to Tampa. Mmm. 3 cold sea days. ;) Hoping the weather is kind this year.

Good'onya OP. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

TO EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD

Before I board the ship today, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO POSTED ON THIS THREAD BECAUSE YOU HELPED US LIVE THE PAST WEEK WITH FAR LESS STRESS THAN WE WOULD HAVE WITHOUT YOUR INPUT.

You who post your experiences, perceptions, and opinions throughout this board have been the major factor in my becoming an informed, comfortable cruiser.

SINCERELY, I thank you all.

Beachnative

Morning all. Currently taking in the beautiful city of Baltimore. Ill catch up on posting my review and checking all posts on here. Met a gentleman this morning who told me of the mayhem that was going on here and a possible thread hijack. Ill try and catch up tomorrow and give you my insight into what was a very unsuspecting cruise.

Take care all,

Pr1vate Piles

Morning all. Currently taking in the beautiful city of Baltimore. Ill catch up on posting my review and checking all posts on here. Met a gentleman this morning who told me of the mayhem that was going on here and a possible thread hijack. Ill try and catch up tomorrow and give you my insight into what was a very unsuspecting cruise.

Take care all,

Pr1vate Piles

Welcome back, Looking forward to your review on what turned out to be a very memorable cruise.

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but we were hitting speeds of close to 19 knots on the way to Nassau. So yes Enchantment can't break 20 but it can get pretty close.

To all going out today, enjoy your cruise! My wife and I will never forget this one... it was our first cruise ever and definitely not our last with RCI!

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but we were hitting speeds of close to 19 knots on the way to Nassau. So yes Enchantment can't break 20 but it can get pretty close.

To all going out today, enjoy your cruise! My wife and I will never forget this one... it was our first cruise ever and definitely not our last with RCI!

Many of us were watching Marinetraffic and saw the speeds of the ship.

So glad to hear that you found the positive side of cruising and plan to go again with RCI! Your next cruise will lack some of the excitement but is guaranteed to be enjoyable.

Take care all,

Pr1vate Piles

If you have time get the train to Washington DC, it's really easy and well worth it

Archived