A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

AM I THE ONLY ONE SAD THE OP'S THREAD WAS HIJACKED. I really wanted to hear about A British Mans first cruise. NOT WHAT WAS GOINGING TO BE THE ITINEARY FOR THE NEXT SAILING ECT......

It hasn't been "hijacked". This entire thread is about the current cruise and future of Enchantment. That said, other threads that were opened about the same subject were closed by the mods because this thread was open.

AM I THE ONLY ONE SAD THE OP'S THREAD WAS HIJACKED. I really wanted to hear about A British Mans first cruise. NOT WHAT WAS GOINGING TO BE THE ITINEARY FOR THE NEXT SAILING ECT......

Don't be sad. He promised to give a full account of his cruise when he gets back. We've had enough snippets from him to know that he's having a good time. I hope he doesn't cut short his party time just to make sure his loyal following is kept current on his day-to-day activities.

Meanwhile I'm celebrating the excitement of the group going on the next cruise. They've been on pins and needles all week.

Bon Voyage!!!

I'm sad too:(

I would be very happy to have such a record of my first cruise and to be able to look back at all the fools that made this forum what it has become. I hope he prints a copy and puts it in his scrapbook with the pictures and other memorabilia. Do you think he would be happier if he had just his post and the replies to those few. I think not.

Sad?

Worried?

Jeeseeeee. Just go on vacation and have a good time. No one is going to be in ANY DANGER at ANY TIME!

Sudsy:)

The Pride just popped up on the marinetracker site. I just remembered to look since it is due in at 7AM tomorrow morning and it takes about 7.5 hrs to get from the entrance to the port in Baltimore.

I would suspect as I said before the EOS will pop up about 9 tomorrow night.

Sudsy:D

It hasn't been "hijacked". This entire thread is about the current cruise and future of Enchantment. That said, other threads that were opened about the same subject were closed by the mods because this thread was open.

Ummm yes it was hijacked. The thread was about an English man on his first cruise. What does the future of Enchantment have to do with it? Other threads were closed and people thought Oh I can go to this one and post! Thats hijacking to me!!! I still hope PP is enjoying his first visit to the US and the Enchantment!! If it would have been me writing about my cruise and this happened I would have asked the mods to close it!

Ummm yes it was hijacked. The thread was about an English man on his first cruise. What does the future of Enchantment have to do with it? Other threads were closed and people thought Oh I can go to this one and post! Thats hijacking to me!!! I still hope PP is enjoying his first visit to the US and the Enchantment!! If it would have been me writing about my cruise and this happened I would have asked the mods to close it!

Then you will have to take it up with the Host Kewl Guy because he closed the other thread and told everyone to post here!

The Pride just popped up on the marinetracker site. I just remembered to look since it is due in at 7AM tomorrow morning and it takes about 7.5 hrs to get from the entrance to the port in Baltimore.

I would suspect as I said before the EOS will pop up about 9 tomorrow night.

Sudsy:D

The Pride has a scheduled arrival time of 9:00 AM. It is Enchantment which has the 7:00 AM arrival. Pride crossed over the Bay Bride/Tunnel at 12:30 AM and even though the captain was running close to 20 K it is likely that she will have a late arrival today.

~ Dave

The Pride has a scheduled arrival time of 9:00 AM. It is Enchantment which has the 7:00 AM arrival. Pride crossed over the Bay Bride/Tunnel at 12:30 AM and even though the captain was running close to 20 K it is likely that she will have a late arrival today.

~ Dave

The Pride has just come into sight off the shore of Shady Side which means she will arrive in Baltimore at approx 8a.m. Those on board are experiencing a beautiful return...the sky is a beautiful shade of orange stretching across the horizon. Tides are extremely low but she is moving quite well out in the channel.

The Pride has just come into sight off the shore of Shady Side which means she will arrive in Baltimore at approx 8a.m. Those on board are experiencing a beautiful return...the sky is a beautiful shade of orange stretching across the horizon. Tides are extremely low but she is moving quite well out in the channel.

I note that the captain has goosed his speed up to 20.4 K and is bucking for an on-time arrival. But to be tied up at the pier at a 285 degree heading by 8:00 am is just not going to happen. Trust me.

~ Dave

You're not alone. 610 posts and only 11 from the OP about his first cruise and visit to the US. I hope he's had a good time and doesn't find CC too intimidating to provide a review when he gets back.

You're not alone. 610 posts and only 11 from the OP about his first cruise and visit to the US. I hope he's had a good time and doesn't find CC too intimidating to provide a review when he gets back.

I am with you on this , I trawl through pages of posts to see if the original poster has updated only to be disappointed that it's now been taken over , although I clearly understand why ,I only hope he will post on his return too , hopefully he is having such a good time he hasn't found time to post .

I am with you on this , I trawl through pages of posts to see if the original poster has updated only to be disappointed that it's now been taken over , although I clearly understand why ,I only hope he will post on his return too , hopefully he is having such a good time he hasn't found time to post .

You do know you can go to page #1 of this thread and click on the OP's name and then click on all post and on that first page of posts you can find listed all posts the OP has made on this thread and read to your hearts content only his posts.

Gregg

If you click on pr1vatepiles name on post #1 and then click on "all posts by pr1vatepiles" you won't have to " trawl through pages of posts to see if the original poster has updated only to be disappointed." It's much easier.

You can also read posts ewhat he has written on other threads.

Did you read what "crazybus" said just a few posts above this one?? If not,

it said: "Then you will have to take it up with the Host Kewl Guy because he closed the other thread and told everyone to post here!" We really didn't have a choice.

Maybe, after he returns and has better internet access, pr1vatepiles will start a fresh thread where he can post his review and pictures in a concise thread.

I note that the captain has goosed his speed up to 20.4 K and is bucking for an on-time arrival. But to be tied up at the pier at a 285 degree heading by 8:00 am is just not going to happen. Trust me.

~ Dave

Trust me, the Pride will be docked by 8...8:15 latest.

If you click on pr1vatepiles name on post #1 and then click on "all posts by pr1vatepiles" you won't have to "I trawl through pages of posts to see if the original poster has updated only to be disappointed." It's much easier.

You can also read posts that he has written on other threads.

Did you read what "crazybus" said just a few posts above this one?? If not,

it said: "Then you will have to take it up with the Host Kewl Guy because he closed the other thread and told everyone to post here!"

Thank you for that , I doubt he will post again now till his return but at least I can check now without trawling , I actualy enjoyed reading through a lot of these posts until it got to be all about the speed of the boat , if I was cruising on her tomorrow it would be a different matter , I do understand why this thread turned into a thread about the enchantment , it was the only way you guys could communicate , when all said and done , I hope you all have a wonderful problem free cruise , I can feel your excitement , I wouldn't hesitate to board tomorrow sounds like there's going to be a real fun crowd aboard .happy sailing , are you going to be doing a live report ? I feel like I know you all now lol .

You do know you can go to page #1 of this thread and click on the OP's name and then click on all post and on that first page of posts you can find listed all posts the OP has made on this thread and read to your hearts content only his posts.

Gregg

Many thanks for that :D

Then you will have to take it up with the Host Kewl Guy because he closed the other thread and told everyone to post here!

Thank you for posting that. That's what I was saying and I don't appreciate those who haven't been reading along with us or haven't read the entire thread ASSUMING something and then basically doing what they're accusing others of doing.

The OP has popped in and understands why this thread is what it is. I don't think he needs others "defending" him.:rolleyes:

Did you not see where I posted the mods had closed the other threads? We were all told to post here about EN. Wow!

Thank you for that , I doubt he will post again now till his return but at least I can check now without trawling , I actualy enjoyed reading through a lot of these posts until it got to be all about the speed of the boat , if I was cruising on her tomorrow it would be a different matter , I do understand why this thread turned into a thread about the enchantment , it was the only way you guys could communicate , when all said and done , I hope you all have a wonderful problem free cruise , I can feel your excitement , I wouldn't hesitate to board tomorrow sounds like there's going to be a real fun crowd aboard .happy sailing , are you going to be doing a live report ? I feel like I know you all now lol .

I'm also eager to hear what he has to say. Tomorrow morning I plan to post on this thread a note to pr1vatepiles in large letters welcoming him back and asking him to start a fresh thread. A new thread by him would probably be appreciated by everyone, especially those of us who are boarding the Enchantment as he exits. A new thread will save me a lot of shipboard internet minutes because I won't have to dig through this one or even have to click back and forth on that "name" feature to enjoy his report.

Our Roll Call is so active that I'm sure someone will do a live report and we can all add to it. I'll take our iPad to Meet and Mingle on Tuesday and hopefully we can lick a photo and send it out saying, "Greetings! We are having a fantastic time.":):) Where is Radio and Trainman when we need them.:D:D:D

I'm also eager to hear what he has to say. Tomorrow morning I plan to post on this thread a note to pr1vatepiles in large letters welcoming him back and asking him to start a fresh thread. A new thread by him would probably be appreciated by everyone, especially those of us who are boarding the Enchantment as he exits. A new thread will save me a lot of shipboard internet minutes because I won't have to dig through this one or even have to click back and forth on that "name" feature to enjoy his report.

Our Roll Call is so active that I'm sure someone will do a live report and we can all add to it. I'll take our iPad to Meet and Mingle on Tuesday and hopefully we can lick a photo and send it out saying, "Greetings! We are having a fantastic time.":):) Where is Radio and Trainman when we need them.:D:D:D

Radio and Trainman do some wonderful posts , it's great hearing from people whose lead up you have been following and believe me this one is a lead up and a half lol .I will keep a look out and hopefully get word from you or someone who is on your cruise , not long now , bet your counting down the minutes , seconds even lol .

Trust me, the Pride will be docked by 8...8:15 latest.

Well Cruzette, it's now 8:22 and Pride has not yet reached Key bridge. Want to change your ETA?

BTW, this is just a good-natured back & forth - - If you think it is otherwise I will say "Sorry" and sign off.

~ Dave

Well Cruzette, it's now 8:22 and Pride has not yet reached Key bridge. Want to change your ETA?

BTW, this is just a good-natured back & forth - - If you think it is otherwise I will say "Sorry" and sign off.

~ Dave

Could they be going slower because low tide is soon?

Jimbo:)

Could they be going slower because low tide is soon?

Jimbo:)

They're going slow now because there's a speed limit in the channel. The Pride is due in at 9 so they're not late yet.;)

I also think the Pride entered the bay a little later than normal.

Archived