Fare Cut after Final Payment

decr

Checked today. There was a price cut 38 days before sailing. Called Princess. They are refunding the difference - not even OBC. Thanks Princess!

Wow I thought they didnt do that. I guess I should keep checking price drops even though Ive made final payment. Congratulations on the refund

Checked today. There was a price cut 38 days before sailing. Called Princess. They are refunding the difference - not even OBC. Thanks Princess!

Glad to hear you got a price adjustment! :)

Did you check out the new price at the Princess website? Did you book with Princess directly or through a TA?

From what I know, Princess fares are always higher than TA's.

So if you booked with a TA and then saw the lowered price listed on the Princess site, maybe the new price with the TA will even be lower?

Sorry for the confusion. Again I'm happy that you got a price adjustment.

Great news, and am happy for you.

I have not had the same experience. Perhaps in my case it was because I purchased from a TA; the TA tried securing the lower fare but was told something about the final payment had already been made and no changes would be made.

Hope others will share their experiences on this topic.

Cheers!

I booked directly with Princess and found the new reduction on the website. I checked with TA's at the time of the original booking, but did not find anything cheaper than direct. The price has dropped 2 or 3 times since my original booking, Princess lowers it every time.

This can happen, it depends on the type of drop. Flash sales are far more common and those are new bookings only usually OBC is the best you can hope for. However, if they do a flat price reduction, you can usually get the fare adjusted a lot easier.

This can happen, it depends on the type of drop. Flash sales are far more common and those are new bookings only usually OBC is the best you can hope for. However, if they do a flat price reduction, you can usually get the fare adjusted a lot easier.

Am I correct that those flash sale prices are not displayed on the Princess website?

If so, then it may be possible to get a fare refund after final payment when listed on Princess.com?

And would have to be told by someone (TA?) about a flash sale to try to get OBC after final payment?

I've heard legends about these flash sales which appear to be as illusive as the upgrade fairy. :)

Am I correct that those flash sale prices are not displayed on the Princess website?

If so, then it may be possible to get a fare refund after final payment when listed on Princess.com?

And would have to be told by someone (TA?) about a flash sale to try to get OBC after final payment?

I've heard legends about these flash sales which appear to be as illusive as the upgrade fairy. :)

Flash fares can only be seen by a TA. :)

I did the same thing 2 nights ago. I thought I'd try but honestly figured they would say no, when they actually said they would refund it I was sooo excited :)

Congrats on getting a deal!!!

I have a question about fare cuts and discounts. I noticed yesterday that the price of my cruise has gone down about $40 pp from what I paid. When I booked, my TA told me I could just put the deposit, but I went ahead and paid in full as I had the money for it at the time.

So I emailed her this morning to ask about a rebate of some sort, and she told me Princess doesn't do that. Perhaps it's because I paid in full, even before the final payment date. But from the email, she implied they don't do it ever.

Should I contact Princess directly myself and ask? I know it's only $80, but if others can get this kind of deal, why can't I?

Hi there

Yes it is true. We are cruising in a VS suite in May on the Ruby. I called today and asked for a refund since the VS category dropped. Amazingly I got a refund of $1060. I am so happy.

Here are the facts:

I booked directly with Princess. I am a platinum member.

Also since I booked a year ahead I got an extra $100 refund.

Sweet Deal everybody!

I have a question about fare cuts and discounts. I noticed yesterday that the price of my cruise has gone down about $40 pp from what I paid. When I booked, my TA told me I could just put the deposit, but I went ahead and paid in full as I had the money for it at the time.

So I emailed her this morning to ask about a rebate of some sort, and she told me Princess doesn't do that. Perhaps it's because I paid in full, even before the final payment date. But from the email, she implied they don't do it ever.

Should I contact Princess directly myself and ask? I know it's only $80, but if others can get this kind of deal, why can't I?

Based on the large number of posts from those who have received a reduction, refund or OBC, I'd believe that your TA is wrong. By having a TA, Princess will do very little for you but it certainly wouldn't hurt to call to see if they could answer your question.

One thing to consider is that some TAs will charge a fee to make changes but my TA has never done it. I wouldn't book again with a TA who would charge a fee for a change, particularly something like a price reduction.

I would. We were paid in full but the lady from Princess did not even care to ask, she just refunded it no question!

Archived