Qsine?.. For two

saphir

The restaurants are very different. Murano is excellent for two...a wonderful meal and experience. You will often see folks recommending having a group to go to Qsine, but it really isn't necessary. Just ask for smaller portions (they can easily do that) and order what you want to try...you don't have to finish everything. It's a more fun restaurant serving in a very interesting way...

I recommend doing both....

My wife and I have done both. I'd say Murano is a much more relaxed pace for two people, but you can certainly do Qsine. In our experience, Qsine is better suited for 4 or more people, because many of the dishes are made to share. They really do "throw the food on you" there. It is delicious however. We're fans of both. Just depends on the mood you are in for that evening.

Murano is definitely fine for two.

I'm still of the school that Qsine is best with a group, maybe you could go with people on your roll call? We had a group of 13 from the roll call and we had such a good time that we're disappointed that Solstice doesn't have a Qsine because we'd love to go back.

Murano is definitely fine for two.

I'm still of the school that Qsine is best with a group, maybe you could go with people on your roll call? We had a group of 13 from the roll call and we had such a good time that we're disappointed that Solstice doesn't have a Qsine because we'd love to go back.

I'd be perfectly happy to go again to the Silk Harvest with a group of 8 on the Solstice. As I recall, we tried 90% of the menu without being overwhelmed.

Art

I'd be perfectly happy to go again to the Silk Harvest with a group of 8 on the Solstice. As I recall, we tried 90% of the menu without being overwhelmed.

Art

To date, Silk Harvest is my least favorite specialty restaurant (Equinox)...the food is OK, but we have better asian restaurants in our (small) city in Florida. Murano, Tuscan Grill, Qsine are each excellent in their own way.

We went as a couple to Qsine for the first time on the Feb 11th Summit cruise. The presentation is fun and interesting, but just in a few cases is the food special. We like to try the different specialty restaurants and loved Murano on the Solstice. Murano, I believe, is more suited for a couple and the food and service wonderful! Qsine was fun, but have to say another couple sat next to us at the very close tables for two and we ended up spending 3 hours talking to them and remarking on each other's orders. We never do that at other specialty restaurants. This restaurant almost seems to compel you to want to share the experiences of "surprises" of food presentation. If we go again, I would want to go with more people, but if you go as a couple, do tell them you want smaller portions so you can try more of the foods. There is so much!!

Have fun!

They are both great restaurants and a comparable meal on land would cost more than $40 per/person. They are both very different so if at all possible I strongly recommend you do both!

Both can be equally enjoyed as a party of two. I do not quite understand why some seem to think Qsine must be done as a group so that one can try all/most of the menu items - the same can be said of ANY restaurant. There is no need to try all the different dishes at Qsine any more than at any restaurant. It is tapas style (small plates) so even as a party of two one can still sample several dishes. You can also request smaller than normal portions if you want to try an even larger number of dishes. My wife and I greatly enjoyed Qsine both when we dined there as a couple and when we dined there in a small group.

Qsine is a more casual venue with typical foods serves tapas style with fun, whimsical presentations (i.e. sushi lollipops). Some of the food is very good quality, but overall there is more of an emphasis on creativity than quality. Murano is a fine dining style restaurant with a French inspired menu. Far more formal of an ambiance at Murano.

Tough decision. Murano is supposed to be an elegant haute cusine restaurant and is fine. Qsine is possible the most unique restaurant we have experienced in more then 2 years on cruise ships (more then 60 ships). So, if you are looking for quiet elegance with a decent (but typcial) menu then go to Murano. If you want a totally new experience (a bit like a high end tapas restaurant) where you can sample lots of different dishes (our table stopped counting after the first 7 or 8 dishes) then go to Qsine. On the other hand, why not splurge and go to both venues :)

Hank

P.S. We do disagree with the comment about Qsine food being typical. With an amazing variety of dishes it can be far from typical depending on what you order. Personally, we think Murano is very typical although it is typical good.

Much prefer Murano

Two cruises now we have tried Qsine, one as a two and one as a four.

Both times, spoilt by the waiter who would not listen to our requests only to bring certain items at a time and nothing else. DH ended up being quite abrupt in the end when food he was cleary allergic too was brought as a taster. It is the only time I can recall in a "speciality" on X that we have had issues with his allergies which are well understood in Blu. Murano, Tuscan and MDR

I would say the skill of the cooking is far higher in Murano/Tuscan, the skill of the presentation is higher in Qsine

Mrs fixit and I have done all the restaurants and Qsine is our favorite.

It is so different to anything else we have tried. Beware you can order too much. The trick is to go there twice and order some food on one visit and some on another visit. You will never sample everything in one sitting.

If you don't try it you will be missing out on a great and unique experience.

I know my view is different, but no one in my group, ages 19, 52, 53, and 80, enjoyed Qsine. It felt like a frenzied onslaught of food. The food styles didn't flow, and massive amounts just kept coming. If you go, try to control the experience with what you order. Our server just wouldn't listen and kept bringing unordered courses until it was disturbing.

I am not one easily disturbed by massive amounts of food:D.

Archived