Bistro on 5

monkeyinhat

Yes it's open on embarkation day. They have paninis, crepes, salads. Each sandwich comes with a small salad, so no need to order the caesar salad unless you have a huge appetite. That way you can leave room for the dessert crepes (banana and nutella...yum). Go for it, it's a great bargain at $5pp.

Please stop telling people about Bistro on 5 and eating there Avon embarkation day. We really like it that day or any day but if everyone finds out about it then it will be crowded. I'm being selfish.:D

So far, "everyone" hasn't gotten the word yet -- we were on the Sostice 2 weeks ago (sigh....) & it was SO nice to sit in there after we embarked, listen to the jazz trio playing in the Grand Foyer, and have a nice lunch with great service! Well worth the $5! We had lunch there again on our last day -- next time we're on a S-class we're going to just have dessert crepes, didn't have room for one either time.....

Bistro on 5 is a hidden gem - did not eat there on our first cruise on Constellation (big mistake), but discovered it on our second cruise last year. Service excellent, better than MDR, lovely relaxing ambience. The four of us had lunch there and it was like being in a small restaurant. I ate there on my own as well one lunch time, read my magazine and had a great chat with a waiter from Bali. Will definitely be going there again on our next cruise. Would also use it for an evening meal as well.

A place NOT to be missed. A true gem with a top notch service.

On embarkation day IMO will be the ideal day to try it. I did on my last cruise in November.... It was quiet & relaxing.

The "tomato soup" is to die for... give it a try. Also the nutella crepe is very good as well as the other recommendations given. It has a somewhat limited menu options, that doesn't change , but will do if you are not too hungry.

BTW.... on a 14 day cruise we eat there 3 times. That's how much we enjoyed it, but we are not buffet type people. Likes to be served & pampered.

What hours is the Bistro on 5 on the Silhouette open? Sounds like a nice alternative to a heavy dinner.

IMO... Bistro 5 in general (not specifically to the Silhoutte) is open way too many hours, sometimes even till 2:00M & opening around 6:00 AM. Many times it was completely empty, but I guess that's the magic of the place. Quiet & relaxing....

As a matter of fact that was my comment to the server & he said that was the way the cruise line wants it to be for the moment.

What hours is the Bistro on 5 on the Silhouette open? Sounds like a nice alternative to a heavy dinner.

I think it's 6AM to 2AM. I do know it is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here is the menu:

Bistro ON 5 Menu

$5 Per Person Service Charge

Scrambled Eggs with Melted Cheddar Cheese and Breakfast Potatoes

Smoked Applewood Bacon, Scrambled Eggs and Cheddar Cheese

Mushroom and Tomato, Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar, Sausage and Spring Onion

Build Your Own: Scrambled Eggs • Cheddar Cheese • Ham • Tomato Scallions • Bacon • Mushrooms • Spinach • Provolone • Sausage

Spanish Dulce de Leche

French Grand Marnier, Candied Orange

Italian Nutella, Banana and Pistachio

Indian Summer Grilled Zucchini, Eggplant, Peppers, Provolone and Herb Dressing

Tuscan Sun Sautéed Artichoke, Mozzarella and Sun Dried Tomato Aioli

Mexicano Roasted Yellow Corn, Red Peppers, Scallions, Cheddar Cheese, Cilantro and Chile Dressing

Cajun Spiced Grilled Chicken, Provolone, Pineapple Rice and Lemon Dressing

Buffalo Marinated Grilled Chicken with Shredded Lettuce and Blue Cheese

Mediterranean Roasted Chicken and Garlic, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Basil Pesto

Cowboy Grilled Flank Steak, Spinach, Caramelized Onion, Bacon, Provolone and Blue Cheese Dressing

Hot and Spicy Shredded Steak, Peppers, Jalapeño, Cheddar Cheese and Cumin Dressing

Sweet and Sour Honey Glazed Sirloin, Rice Noodles, Cheddar Cheese, Scallions and Sour Sesame Syrup

Daily Soup Made Fresh

Chef SaladMixed Greens, Iceberg Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Red Onion, Turkey, Cheddar Cheese, Croutons, Black Olives, Hard-Boiled Egg, Tossed With Choice of Dressing

Classic Chicken CaesarRomaine Lettuce, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Croutons & Caesar Dressing

Vegetable Panini Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini, Roasted Bell Pepper, Artichoke, Olives, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Buffalo Mozzarella

Chicken Panini Shredded Lettuce, Diced Tomato, Spicy Chicken and Cheddar Cheese

Beef PaniniMarinated Flank Steak, Sliced Mushrooms, Bacon, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce and Cheddar Cheese

Raves here too for the nutella and banana crepe. The crepes are delish and are presented beautifully - very filling. Could share an entree crepe (or salad) and share a dessert - I only mention sharing to leave room in your tummy for all the other great food on board.

We had a great conversation with our waiter about their living quarters, what they do - it wasn't busy so he had time.

We ate at the Bistro twice on two different cruises. Not our cup of tea. If you like crapes, go for it, but I prefer the Aqua Spa Cafe for lunch. The only drawback to the Aqua Spa Cafe is on sea days you tend to have some inconsiderate folks using the limited amount of table space at the Cafe to play cards.:(

I think the AQ Cafe is a great alternative to the buffet on embarkation day, especially on the M-Class ships where there is seating on both sides of the ship.

We loved the Bistro on our last cruise! Even being at the center of the ship, there was never anyone there, so it was always very quiet, great service and well worth the $5 for Breakfast or Lunch!

Amazes me why more people dont take advantage of this restaurant.

Archived