Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

I have to say Mitch on the Monarch is an outstanding CD. I was on during the storm Sandy

and he was very helpful, friendly and funny. He made the best of the storm with jokes and banter. Very outgoing happy personality who talked to anyone and was everywhere on the ship. I liked him much better than previous Monarch CDs. I normally don't pay much attention to these people and couldn't tell you the names of any previous ones on any ship. But I liked this guy and would be very happy to sail with him any time.

I have to say Mitch on the Monarch is an outstanding CD. I was on during the storm Sandy

and he was very helpful, friendly and funny. He made the best of the storm with jokes and banter. Very outgoing happy personality who talked to anyone and was everywhere on the ship. I liked him much better than previous Monarch CDs. I normally don't pay much attention to these people and couldn't tell you the names of any previous ones on any ship. But I liked this guy and would be very happy to sail with him any time.

I agree with you that Mitch did an outstanding job. I could tell his heart was on the Oasis class ships, but really who could blame him. I'd expect him to be around for many years to come.

Anybody have any comments on Rich Edwards?

I've only been on one cruise so not much experience of CD's, but i thought Rich was really good fun. Made everyone laugh and really down to earth. Always makes time to chat to people.

Which reminds me, DonnaK, he's now left the Grandeur and is on a break until he joins the Liberty!

I've only been on one cruise so not much experience of CD's, but i thought Rich was really good fun. Made everyone laugh and really down to earth. Always makes time to chat to people.

Which reminds me, DonnaK, he's now left the Grandeur and is on a break until he joins the Liberty!

Thanks for the info.

I thought he was staying on Grandeur until Nov 7? Do you know when he started his break, and who took over as CD on Grandeur?

I'm in the hurricane zone...I will update the list after the storm passes.

Thanks for the info.

I thought he was staying on Grandeur until Nov 7? Do you know when he started his break, and who took over as CD on Grandeur?

As far as I'm aware, he was always scheduled a break after grandeur, from what I heard him saying to a fellow cruiser.

He flew out of Venice on the 26th oct.

unfortunately I don't know who took over when he left, sorry.

Donna,

You do a wonderful job! I try to follow all the questions and your answers and not bother you with more of the same but I can't find the answer on my own, so here goes!

Where does Allan Brooks go after his break? I see that it starts this Sunday (November 4th) but no mention of a possible return date to the Allure or any other ship!?!?!? Did I miss something?!?!? Thanks in advance! - Miriam

Donna,

You do a wonderful job! I try to follow all the questions and your answers and not bother you with more of the same but I can't find the answer on my own, so here goes!

Where does Allan Brooks go after his break? I see that it starts this Sunday (November 4th) but no mention of a possible return date to the Allure or any other ship!?!?!? Did I miss something?!?!? Thanks in advance! - Miriam

Thanks, Miriam!

I'm guessing that Allan will go back to Allure, since that has been his regular assignment for a long while now. But, that's only a guess...no reliable info on his next assignment yet. (We loved him on our Allure cruise - he's a great CD)

As far as I'm aware, he was always scheduled a break after grandeur, from what I heard him saying to a fellow cruiser.

He flew out of Venice on the 26th oct.

unfortunately I don't know who took over when he left, sorry.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months. Drew Devine will be on Adventure from November 18 until January 13

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks starts Sept 2 until Oct 28. Ken Rush expects to return as the next CD. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started September 21 (until when?)

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Oct 26 (per his facebook page) *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Activities Manager Leigh Xuereb's break begins November 4 and Leigh expects to return on Nov 24 as Cruise Director to cover Richard's break. Richard expects to return to EX when his break ends (exact return date unknown but a break is typically 6-8 weeks long) and at that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rich Edwards September 14th until Oct 26. Who is the current CD?

Independence OTS - James Andrews started October 6th until mid- November. Joff Eaton expects to return mid-November. (exact changeover date?)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) started Sept 16 (until when?)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21 (until when?)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10, then Rich Edwards until early January

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 16 until Nov 22, then Mitch Merucci will fill in for 2 months, then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD.

Mariner OTS - Mercedes Fuentes (dates?)

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 until Nov 3, then Jimmy Rhodes

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html) Then, Amy Fickert is expected to return

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones thru the drydock on Nov 18. James Andrews expects to return after the drydock on Dec 10

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 24th 2013

I'll keep you in my prayers Donna. Stay high and dry

Thanks Karen. We got power back tonight, so I'm back in business!

I hope all the other CCer's in NY/NJ are safe and made it through the storm without much loss.

Thanks, Miriam!

I'm guessing that Allan will go back to Allure, since that has been his regular assignment for a long while now. But, that's only a guess...no reliable info on his next assignment yet. (We loved him on our Allure cruise - he's a great CD)

Do you think that would that be after Jimmy Rhodes? Isn't he due to join Allure in February?

Abel has personally stated he is no longer with the company and therefore no longer on Adventure of the Seas. I have no idea who had replaced him prior to the planned turnover.

Wow, that's unfortunate. We thought he was a talented and personable young man.

Bob

Abel has personally stated he is no longer with the company and therefore no longer on Adventure of the Seas. I have no idea who had replaced him prior to the planned turnover.

WOW - that's a big loss for RCI.

Best wishes to Abel in his next venture!

Adventure OTS - Who is the CD now? Drew Devine expects to be on Adventure from November 18 until January 13

Allure OTS - Ken Rush was scheduled to start on October 28 (needs confirmation). Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started September 21 until the end of January

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Oct 26 (per his facebook page) *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Activities Manager Leigh Xuereb's break begins November 4 and Leigh expects to return on Nov 24 as Cruise Director to cover Richard's break. Richard expects to return to EX when his break ends (exact return date unknown but a break is typically 6-8 weeks long) and at that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rich Edwards September 14th until Oct 26. Who is the current CD?

Independence OTS - James Andrews started October 6th until mid- November. Joff Eaton expects to return mid-November. (exact changeover date?)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) started Sept 16 (until when?)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21 (until when?)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10, then Rich Edwards until early January

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 16 until Nov 22, then Mitch Merucci will fill in for 2 months, then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD.

Mariner OTS - Mercedes Fuentes (dates?)

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes was scheduled to start Nov 3 (needs confirmation) (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html) Then, Amy Fickert is expected to return

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones thru the drydock on Nov 18. James Andrews expects to return after the drydock on Dec 10

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 24th 2013

Do you think that would that be after Jimmy Rhodes? Isn't he due to join Allure in February?

oh yes, I forgot about Jimmy when I made that guess.

I guess it remains to be seen where Allan will be assigned after his break.

Archived