Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Ken is now confirmed as CD from Dec 14 until Jan 28. James will return Jan 28 until most likely the repo back to the Med for the summer. Ken is likely doing the repositioning on that date - I haven't checked the schedule.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine October 28 until January 13

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started October 28. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started September 21 until the end of January

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Nov 1. John Blair is due back on Jan 14. *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Leigh Xuereb Nov 24 until late January to cover Richard's break. Richard expects to return to EX when his break ends (exact return date unknown) and at that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26

Independence OTS - James Andrews started October 6th until mid- November. Joff Eaton expects to return mid-November. (exact changeover date?)

Jewel OTS - Steve Davis starts Nov 17. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) is returning from his break on Jan 5.

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21 (until when?)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Nov 15 until early January

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 16 until Nov 22, then Mitch Merucci will fill in for 2 months, then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD.

Mariner OTS - Mercedes Fuentes until Feb 10 then Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes was scheduled to start Nov 3 (needs confirmation) (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html) Then, Amy Fickert is expected to return

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones Dec 14 until Jan 28. James Andrews will return Jan 28 until most likely the repo back to the Med for the summer. Ken is likely doing the repositioning on that date .

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 24th 2013

Is Mercedes Fuentes from England? I saw this post from a current passenger on Mariner on the TA back to Galveston:

Just a quick post to let you know that Mariner is now docked in Nassau. Beautiful day, but on the warm side. We have 2 more sea days and then will be docking at Galveston. Everyone has been great. Steve has been the Activities director, but is getting off the ship today to go to the Jewel. New AD arriving from the Independence. I didn't get her name, but she is from Essex, England. See everyone soon

Steve arrived today. Will take over on Monday. Dennis returns on Jan 5 and will alternate w/Carly after that.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started October 28. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Nov 1. John Blair is due back on Jan 14. *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Leigh Xuereb Nov 24 until late January to cover Richard's break. Richard expects to return to EX when his break ends (exact return date unknown) and at that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Independence OTS - James Andrews started October 6th until mid- November. Joff Eaton expects to return mid-November. (exact changeover date?)

Jewel OTS - Steve Davis starts Nov 19. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) is returning from his break on Jan 5 and will alternate with Carly Boileau from then on.

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Nov 15 until January 5th

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 16 until Nov 22, then Mitch Merucci will fill in for 2 months, then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD.

Mariner OTS - Mercedes Fuentes until Feb 10 then Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes was scheduled to start Nov 3 (needs confirmation) (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html) Then, Amy Fickert is expected to return

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones Dec 14 until Jan 28. James Andrews will return Jan 28 until most likely the repo back to the Med for the summer. Ken is likely doing the repositioning on that date .

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Is Mercedes Fuentes from England? I saw this post from a current passenger on Mariner on the TA back to Galveston:

Just a quick post to let you know that Mariner is now docked in Nassau. Beautiful day, but on the warm side. We have 2 more sea days and then will be docking at Galveston. Everyone has been great. Steve has been the Activities director, but is getting off the ship today to go to the Jewel. New AD arriving from the Independence. I didn't get her name, but she is from Essex, England. See everyone soon

Interesting info. Activities director is different than the Cruise Director, but Steve was the CD (not the AD) so maybe this review has it right. We'll need someone cruising on Mariner to confirm. Maybe the "woman from Essex" was an AD on Independence, but will now be CD on Mariner??? (both recent CD's on Indy are men) Unless James Andrews going over to Mariner from Indy (he is from England, right) and the reviewer got the gender wrong?

Interesting info. Activities director is different than the Cruise Director, but Steve was the CD (not the AD) so maybe this review has it right. We'll need someone cruising on Mariner to confirm. Maybe the "woman from Essex" was an AD on Independence, but will now be CD on Mariner??? (both recent CD's on Indy are men) Unless James Andrews going over to Mariner from Indy (he is from England, right) and the reviewer got the gender wrong?

Yeah, that confused me to (the AD vs. CD). I thought maybe she was using the term interchangeably because of the comment about Steve who is a CD. The transatlantic just got back this morning and the first cruise to the Caribbean starts today. Maybe she'll come back to post and can update. Either the gender was confused or the country, I guess :)

Mercedes Fuentes isn't the Cruise Director any longer on the Mariner for some time now. Carley B is and will be until May. Steve was the Activities Manager and now will be the cruise director on the Jewel for six weeks while Dennis goes on vacation. You have all that correct on the thread. Steve Davis leaves for his short vacation on January 5th when Dennis comes back. Heading back to the Mariner to take over as Cruise Director from Carley while she goes on vacation around Feb. 10th. The new A.D is from England and I think her name is Sarah.

Mercedes Fuentes isn't the Cruise Director any longer on the Mariner for some time now. Carley B is and will be until May. Steve was the Activities Manager and now will be the cruise director on the Jewel for six weeks while Dennis goes on vacation. You have all that correct on the thread. Steve Davis leaves for his short vacation on January 5th when Dennis comes back. Heading back to the Mariner to take over as Cruise Director from Carley while she goes on vacation around Feb. 10th. The new A.D is from England and I think her name is Sarah.

Jewel OTS - Steve Davis starts Nov 19. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) is returning from his break on Jan 5 and will alternate with Carly Boileau from then on.

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Nov 15 until January 5th

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until Feb 10 then Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th

OK, I'm confused! Someone on our Jewel 12-8 cruise just got off the Jewel yesterday (11-19) and stated that Dennis was getting off and Carly was coming on. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks, Teri

Hmmmm....Any word on who is filling in, as Leigh is not scheduled to return until Nov 24?

Nothing was said about a fill-in. Richard stated a couple of times and at the Captain's Corner that he and the Captain were both leaving on Thurs 15 Nov. Mario, the Concerige also got off the ship for his vacation at the same time. Several staff stayed onboard through the Member's cruise even though they were due off before it.

Steve arrived today. Will take over on Monday. Dennis returns on Jan 5 and will alternate w/Carly after that.

OK, I'm confused! Someone on our Jewel 12-8 cruise just got off the Jewel yesterday (11-19) and stated that Dennis was getting off and Carly was coming on. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks, Teri

I got off JW yesterday and posted the first quote a few days ago. This should clear it up for you!

Hallo,

Abel is the best cruise director, we have ever had. We met him in Malaga at the airport and he told us, he wants to make holiday in Switzerland now.

He told us the reason, but I can´t write it here. It´s a shame RCI and the captain let him go, but he is really consequent! He would be the reason for the next cruise. The best 70th party, we have ever had.....

Maybe we will see him at a NCL or Carnival ship....

greetings from Germany

Alex

Hello,

I just returned from the Transatlantic cruise on Adventure, and I can confirm that Drew Devine has been the CD. However, the "Meet the Staff" sheets on our stateroom the first day still showed Abel as CD. Then, at the Welcome Aboard show, suddendly Drew came on stage. There was a lot of confusion and rumor, but no one really wanted to talk about it.

Later that cruise, Drew answered passenger's questions on his Morning Show on TV, like every day. That day, one question was about the reasons why Abel left. Drew said he was not sure if he's allowed to tell us, but he said "what I can tell you is, that both Abel AND the Activities Director suddenly left". That came very surprisingly for everyone. Drew was already on board for the handover, but he was not prepared, and so he had to build the 15 night schedule from scratch.

However, what he and the rest of the activities staff did was just FANTASTIC, and I think we had one of our BEST cruises so far. Every employee on board was super friendly and cooperative. They've all done a brilliant job and I want to thank everyone for a great great crossing! Chapeau!

Hello,

... one question was about the reasons why Abel left. Drew said he was not sure if he's allowed to tell us, but he said "what I can tell you is, that both Abel AND the Activities Director suddenly left".

I recently heard from my sources that he was suddenly gone. I, too, know somewhat more than I can post here. It is a loss, but I believe he was wrong.

Archived