Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Donna,

Just off the phone with RCI, trying to book a last minute Explorer cruise before the "Take a Break and Celebrate" deadline passes. Richard's first cruise back after his vacation is February 1, 2013. They (RCI) did not know at this time where Leigh would be transferred to.

Hope this helps! - Miriam

Donna,

Just off the phone with RCI, trying to book a last minute Explorer cruise before the "Take a Break and Celebrate" deadline passes. Richard's first cruise back after his vacation is February 1, 2013. They (RCI) did not know at this time where Leigh would be transferred to.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine October 28 until January 6, then Anthony Richards

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started October 28. Allan Brooks will be covering as CD for a couple of cruises beginning December 2, as Ken will be spending a week at RCI HQ for top secret Project Sunshine meeting, and then taking a Christmas vacation. *Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started September 21 until the end of January

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Nov 1. John Blair is due back on Jan 14. *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb November 24 until February 1st to cover Richard Spacey's break. Richard will return on February 1st. At that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. Drew Devine is expected to cover Graham's break February 3rd through April 7th (After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand. See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462).

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until sometime in March

Jewel OTS - Steve Davis starts Nov 19. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) is returning from his break on Jan 5 and will alternate with Carly Boileau from then on.

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21 (until when?)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Nov 15 until January 5th

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started Nov 22 for 2 months, then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD. (needs confirmation)

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until Feb 10 then Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes was scheduled to start Nov 3 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html) Then, Amy Fickert is expected to return

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones Dec 14 until Jan 28. James Andrews will return Jan 28 until most likely the repo back to the Med for the summer. Ken is likely doing the repositioning on that date .

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 24th 2013

Thanks DonnaK and everyone for keeping this list updated. We are going on Allure of the Seas Dec 16-23. Is Allan Brook going to be the CD or Ken Rush will be back by then? I called Royal Caribbean, they told me it should be Allan, just want to make sure. By the way, how do you find information on who the CD will be, since there is no official list Royal Caribbean seem to post for the public?

By the way, how do you find information on who the CD will be, since there is no official list Royal Caribbean seem to post for the public?

Usually facebook, twitter or other various blogs. Also some ask the CD while on the cruise how long they are on there for and who will be up next.

I'm friends with Rich Edwards on facebook so when he gives info on where he will be next, i'll post it on here!

Hi!

We were on the Radiance with Paul Rutter (I'm probably misspelling his last name) this past July. Does anyone know which ship he is on now?

We loved him!! :)

He went to Enchantment if my memory serves me correctly. But that was only for a brief fill in. He may still be there but if so, not for long.

He was only there for 2 weeks - for Hurricane Sandy. Sorry for speaking before I checked. That means he is home again.

We love him, too.

Thanks DonnaK and everyone for keeping this list updated. We are going on Allure of the Seas Dec 16-23. Is Allan Brook going to be the CD or Ken Rush will be back by then? I called Royal Caribbean, they told me it should be Allan, just want to make sure. By the way, how do you find information on who the CD will be, since there is no official list Royal Caribbean seem to post for the public?

The most accurate info is when returning cruisers report back to us CD info from the ship. They not only let us know who the CD was for their sailing, but also they ask the CD when their break will be, who the next CD will be, etc. Also, some CD's are on social media, and they communicate their plans there.

The least accurate info comes from RCI itself, and I don't like to rely on that info to update this list. Many times, people will reprint an entertainment email they received from RCI, and then when their cruise comes around, the CD info in the email was incorrect.

The info I have for Allure comes from a recent cruiser who spoke to Ken Rush. It was unspecific regarding Ken's exact return date. But, if Ken said that he was taking a Christmas vacation after the corporate meeting, then that implies that he is not returning until after Christmas. So, it's a good chance that Allan will still be onboard for your cruise

Hi!

We were on the Radiance with Paul Rutter (I'm probably misspelling his last name) this past July. Does anyone know which ship he is on now?

We loved him!! :)

He's on break right now. No news on when he is returning. (Since he's been on Radiance recently, perhaps he will be filling in for the Browns on Radiance, who are due for their break before Christmas....but this is strictly a guess on my part)

Hello from the Oasis of the Seas!

Spoke to Ricky the other night on the helipad (way cool) anyway, he is leaving this ship tomorrow and is on holiday until January 7th when he starts on the Rhapsody untl March 11th. He then said he would be back on Oasis to fill in for Amy again.

Have a great day!

Hello from the Oasis of the Seas!

Spoke to Ricky the other night on the helipad (way cool) anyway, he is leaving this ship tomorrow and is on holiday until January 7th when he starts on the Rhapsody untl March 11th. He then said he would be back on Oasis to fill in for Amy again.

Have a great day!

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started October 28. Allan Brooks will be covering as CD for a couple of cruises beginning December 2, as Ken will be spending a week at RCI HQ for top secret Project Sunshine meeting, and then taking a Christmas vacation. *Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Nov 1. John Blair is due back on Jan 14. *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb November 24 until February 1st to cover Richard Spacey's break. Richard will return on February 1st. At that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. Drew Devine is expected to cover Graham's break February 3rd through April 7th (After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand. See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462).

Jewel OTS - Steve Davis starts Nov 19. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) is returning from his break on Jan 5 and will alternate with Carly Boileau from then on.

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started Nov 22 for 2 months, then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD. (needs confirmation)

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes was scheduled to start Nov 3 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1. Ricky Matthews will be back to cover Amy's break (exact date unknown, but Ricky will be on Rhapsody until March 11, so it's sometime after that depending on if he is going straight to Oasis or taking a short break in between ships)

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 until January 7, then Ricky Matthews January 7 through March 11

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones Dec 14 until Jan 28. James Andrews will return Jan 28 until most likely the repo back to the Med for the summer. Ken is likely doing the repositioning on that date .

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Donna,

Do you think this may mean Richard will still be on the Explorer for the June 22 sailing?;)

Do you think this may mean Richard will still be on the Explorer for the June 22 sailing?;)

He's been doing 4 months on followed by 6-8 weeks off, so if he sticks with that rotation, he'll be due for his break at the beginning of June (right before your cruise)

So, next thanksgiving is up in the air, huh? I'd like to experience him for myself to see what I think

LOL yes, way too soon to know about next year. He doesn't even know his own schedule this far in advance. No guarantees he'll even be on the same ship next year.

Does anyone know who will be filling in for Bobby and Becky Brown on Radiance over the Xmas period when they go on their 6 week break?

Yes, I'd like to know as well. Am on a NYE ROS cruise which falls into the period they will be on their break. Will they fly in someone else or get the existing staff to take up the slack?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimmy Rhodes did start as CD on Navigator on 3rd Nov at the start of the transatlantic to New Orleans. He was excellent.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started Nov 3 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1. Ricky Matthews will be back to cover Amy's break (exact date unknown, but Ricky will be on Rhapsody until March 11, so it's sometime after that depending on if he is going straight to Oasis or taking a short break in between ships)

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 until January 7, then Ricky Matthews January 7 through March 11

So far we've had Drew, Richard and Graham. IMHO, Drew is tops when it comes to passenger interaction, even though I like Graham's sense of humor / delivery better. Our sailing with Graham was the only time I intentionally watched the morning show. Granted, they all have some of the same stock material. It's amazing how many weeks someone has managed to ask the CD, "Does this elevator take me to the front of the ship?" :rolleyes:

We're going to be on Navigator soon, so I was wondering what my fellow CC members thought of Jimmy Rhodes?

You asked: "Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 (until when?)"

Just got off Vision this morning. Keith is even better than ever. He's on the ship until Jan 14.

After that, NV for probably only one sailing before their TransAtlantic and then just the TransAtl. CDs need European languages in Europe.

Keith wasn't sure of the exact dates, so I just looked it up - sounds like March 30 for the last NOLA cruise and then April 6-21 for the crossing.

You asked: "Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 (until when?)"

Just got off Vision this morning. Keith is even better than ever. He's on the ship until Jan 14.

After that, NV for probably only one sailing before their TransAtlantic and then just the TransAtl. CDs need European languages in Europe.

Keith wasn't sure of the exact dates, so I just looked it up - sounds like March 30 for the last NOLA cruise and then April 6-21 for the crossing.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started Nov 3 (until when?) Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 until Jan 14

he's been doing 4 months on followed by 6-8 weeks off, so if he sticks with that rotation, he'll be due for his break at the beginning of june (right before your cruise)

dagnabbit! :(

so it's anyones guess who will take his break if he is on one?:confused:

This makes it sound like Carly doesn't take breaks but handles two ships. Can that be right?

This makes it sound like Carly doesn't take breaks but handles two ships. Can that be right?

Some cruise directors go from ship to ship with no break, or just a very short (one week or so) break.

Dennis has been doing 4 months on, 2 months off contracts on Jewel. (He has been known to have even longer contracts, like 8 months on and 4 months off). So, if he starts on Jan 5, he'll probably take a break at the beginning of May, and that's when Carly should join Jewel to relieve Dennis. If she is on Mariner until Feb, and isn't joining Jewel until May, then she gets a 3 month break. (she may do a two month coverage on another ship during that time too).

It's very hard to predict, but anything is possible...and things can change at any time.

Archived