Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Just off the Liberty of the Seas and loved it's new cruise director, Rich Edwards. I understand he was promoted just last year so you will be seeing him more and more on RC ships. The activities were great fun and he is a truly talented and personable guy. Second time on LOS and we had a fabulous cruise! :)

Sailing on EOS in March 2013....Will richard spacey be back on board by then? Hope so....he is fantastic. :)

I was on the 12/13 Explorer sailing and though I have only been on 5 cruises, Leigh X (the Explorer CD) was far and away better than any other cruise director I have encountered!

Leigh is so positive and up beat. He is not afraid to be politically incorrect. He has enthusiasm and it is contagious and genuine. On the first night when the audience applause was meek (at best), Leigh brought things to a halt and chided the crowd into putting forth more effort, and we did, that night and each one after.

He gets along so well with other staff members and his relationship with Frank (activites manager) is like an Abbot/Costello partnership. The two of them walked into the solarium pool, wearing suits and dress shoes. Their daily show is worth watching. Leigh's act during the 70's party was hilarious, he impersonated a fictional movie character and was spot on in his portrayral.

Hope you get to have Leigh as your cd someday to compare against Richard. I have yet to see Richard but I do know Leigh will be a very difficult act to top.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine October 28 until January 6, then Anthony Richards

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started October 28. (until when?)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started September 21 until the end of January

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Nov 1. John Blair is due back on Jan 14. *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb November 24 until February 1st to cover Richard Spacey's break. Richard will return on February 1st. At that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through January 6, then Drew Devine January 6 though March 3.

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 (until when?) Jimmy Rhodes starts April 21 in Baltimore, and this will be his regular ship for a few contracts.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until sometime in March

Jewel OTS - Steve Davis started Nov 19. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) is returning from his break on Jan 5 until sometime in March, and again from July to Sept (exact dates needed) and will be alternating with Carly Boileau (March through July, and again in Sept).

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21 (until when?)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Nov 15 until January 5th

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started Nov 22 for 2 months (exact end date?), then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD.

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until Feb 10 then Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started Nov 3 until Jan 19, then Simona Ferraiuolo from Jan 19 until March 30, then Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1. Ricky Matthews will be back to cover Amy's break (exact date unknown, but Ricky will be on Rhapsody until March 11, so it's sometime after that depending on if he is going straight to Oasis or taking a short break in between ships)

Radiance OTS - Bill Brunkhorst is filling in for Bobby Brown (approx 6 week break which began mid-December). Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May through Sept.

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 until January 7, then Ricky Matthews January 7 through March 11. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 24

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones Dec 14 until Jan 28. James Andrews will return Jan 28 until most likely the repo back to the Med for the summer. Ken is likely doing the repositioning on that date .

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 until Jan 14

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 8th 2013, then Graham Seymour until March 23rd to fill-in for Gordon's break

I was on the 12/13 Explorer sailing and though I have only been on 5 cruises, Leigh X (the Explorer CD) was far and away better than any other cruise director I have encountered!

Leigh is so positive and up beat. He is not afraid to be politically incorrect. He has enthusiasm and it is contagious and genuine. On the first night when the audience applause was meek (at best), Leigh brought things to a halt and chided the crowd into putting forth more effort, and we did, that night and each one after.

He gets along so well with other staff members and his relationship with Frank (activites manager) is like an Abbot/Costello partnership. The two of them walked into the solarium pool, wearing suits and dress shoes. Their daily show is worth watching. Leigh's act during the 70's party was hilarious, he impersonated a fictional movie character and was spot on in his portrayral.

Hope you get to have Leigh as your cd someday to compare against Richard. I have yet to see Richard but I do know Leigh will be a very difficult act to top.

Politically incorrect? What did he say?

Does anyone know where Dave Chapman is? Had him on the Explorer as CD and really enjoyed him.

He was on Majesty until Nov 22 and now he is on his break. No word yet on when he is returning, or to which ship he will be assigned. (Breaks are usually for 2 months or so)

Any idea who will be the cruise director on Freedom in May of 2013? We were really hoping for Graham, but have noticied he was changed. Sorry to hear that. But still would like to know who it might be. Thanks.
We will be on the ship on May 19, 2013. I think Drew Devine will be our CD for our Feb. 10, 2013 but I don't know how long is he staying on the ship?

Do any returning cruisers this weekend have info or updates for us???

during his morning show on the 12/15 Navigator sailing, Jimmy Rhodes mentioned that he would be going to the Legend post dry dock and then to the Grandeur in April. He also mentioned that there would be some vacation time in there as well. Sorry that I didn't get the specifics, but Jimmy was not one of my favorites and I really didn't pay much attention.

during his morning show on the 12/15 Navigator sailing, Jimmy Rhodes mentioned that he would be going to the Legend post dry dock and then to the Grandeur in April. He also mentioned that there would be some vacation time in there as well. Sorry that I didn't get the specifics, but Jimmy was not one of my favorites and I really didn't pay much attention.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine October 28 until January 6, then Anthony Richards

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started October 28. (until when?)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started September 21 until the end of January

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Nov 1. John Blair is due back on Jan 14. *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb November 24 until February 1st to cover Richard Spacey's break. Richard will return on February 1st. At that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through January 6, then Drew Devine January 6 though March 3.

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 (until when?) Jimmy Rhodes starts April 21 in Baltimore, and this will be his regular ship for a few contracts.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until sometime in March

Jewel OTS - Steve Davis started Nov 19. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) is returning from his break on Jan 5 until sometime in March, and again from July to Sept (exact dates needed) and will be alternating with Carly Boileau (March through July, and again in Sept).

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21 (until when?) Jimmy Rhodes will be on Legend post-drydock and prior to moving to Grandeur in April (exact dates unknown)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Nov 15 until January 5th

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started Nov 22 for 2 months (exact end date?), then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD.

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until Feb 10 then Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started Nov 3 until Jan 19, then Simona Ferraiuolo from Jan 19 until March 30, then Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1. Ricky Matthews will be back to cover Amy's break (exact date unknown, but Ricky will be on Rhapsody until March 11, so it's sometime after that depending on if he is going straight to Oasis or taking a short break in between ships)

Radiance OTS - Bill Brunkhorst is filling in for Bobby Brown (approx 6 week break which began mid-December). Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May through Sept.

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 until January 7, then Ricky Matthews January 7 through March 11. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 24

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones Dec 14 until Jan 28. James Andrews will return Jan 28 until most likely the repo back to the Med for the summer. Ken is likely doing the repositioning on that date .

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 until Jan 14

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 8th 2013, then Graham Seymour until March 23rd to fill-in for Gordon's break

Who will be on Liberty after Jan 5th?? We will be sailing on Liberty at the end of January

I've been stalking Rich's facebook page but he's made no mention of his departure on the 5th, where he's going to next or who's taking his place!!

We had Paul Lancaster for the 2012 Christmas cruise and he was fabulous. Genuinely friendly and very energetic. We enjoyed seeing him all around the ship and was very approachable. We hope to see him on another cruise in the near future

someone just posted that Richard Spacey will NOT be returning to Explorer on feb 1, is this true or no? I am sailing Explorer on Feb 1 and I love him!!!

Where was this posted? Both Richard and the current CD Leigh have confirmed the February 1st date, but of course, things can change right up until the last moment.

Archived