Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

I just heard from someone on board and they confirm that Drew is the CD.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine expects October 28 until January 13

Allure OTS - Ken Rush was scheduled to start on October 28 (needs confirmation). Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started September 21 until the end of January

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Oct 26 (per his facebook page) *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Activities Manager Leigh Xuereb's break begins November 4 and Leigh expects to return on Nov 24 as Cruise Director to cover Richard's break. Richard expects to return to EX when his break ends (exact return date unknown but a break is typically 6-8 weeks long) and at that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rich Edwards September 14th until Oct 26. Who is the current CD?

Independence OTS - James Andrews started October 6th until mid- November. Joff Eaton expects to return mid-November. (exact changeover date?)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) started Sept 16 (until when?)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21 (until when?)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10, then Rich Edwards until early January

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 16 until Nov 22, then Mitch Merucci will fill in for 2 months, then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD.

Mariner OTS - Mercedes Fuentes (dates?)

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes was scheduled to start Nov 3 (needs confirmation) (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html) Then, Amy Fickert is expected to return

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones thru the drydock on Nov 18. James Andrews expects to return after the drydock on Dec 10

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 24th 2013

Donna- I just noticed you are in Long Island. How did you make out during "Sandy"? I hope you and your family are safe and unharmed.

Thanks for asking...we are about 10 miles inland from the south shore (North Massapequa). Thankfully, we had no damage like our neighbors closer to the coast suffered. We just had no power and limited cell phone/internet service for 4 days. I'll never take hot showers or lights for granted again.

Many people lost so much more...

Thanks for asking...we are about 10 miles inland from the south shore (North Massapequa). Thankfully, we had no damage like our neighbors closer to the coast suffered. We just had no power and limited cell phone/internet service for 4 days. I'll never take hot showers or lights for granted again.

Many people lost so much more...

Donna I am from farmingdale Long Island I still have no light my car car got damage by the tree I am staying in elmont with my kids until we got light

Donna I am from farmingdale Long Island I still have no light my car car got damage by the tree I am staying in elmont with my kids until we got light

We're really neighbors, like just a mile or two apart - we live on the border of South Farmingdale. I grew up in Elmont.

Hallo,

Abel is the best cruise director, we have ever had. We met him in Malaga at the airport and he told us, he wants to make holiday in Switzerland now.

He told us the reason, but I can´t write it here. It´s a shame RCI and the captain let him go, but he is really consequent! He would be the reason for the next cruise. The best 70th party, we have ever had.....

Maybe we will see him at a NCL or Carnival ship....

greetings from Germany

Alex

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine October 28 until January 13

Allure OTS - Ken Rush was scheduled to start on October 28 (needs confirmation). Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Oct 26 (per his facebook page) *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Activities Manager Leigh Xuereb's break begins November 4 and Leigh expects to return on Nov 24 as Cruise Director to cover Richard's break. Richard expects to return to EX when his break ends (exact return date unknown but a break is typically 6-8 weeks long) and at that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Independence OTS - James Andrews started October 6th until mid- November. Joff Eaton expects to return mid-November. (exact changeover date?)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10, then Rich Edwards until early January

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 16 until Nov 22, then Mitch Merucci will fill in for 2 months, then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD.

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes was scheduled to start Nov 3 (needs confirmation) (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html) Then, Amy Fickert is expected to return

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones thru the drydock on Nov 18. James Andrews expects to return after the drydock on Dec 10

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Does anyone know where Allan Brooks is going. We were on the Allure a couple of weeks ago doing a b2b.

Now I seen that Ken Rush is the CD, just wondering if on leave or going to different ship. It would of been neat to have two different CD's on a b2b. To see how they do things differently, because on our b2b Brooks told the same jokes both weeks and did the same little skits.

Does anyone know where Allan Brooks is going. We were on the Allure a couple of weeks ago doing a b2b.

Now I seen that Ken Rush is the CD, just wondering if on leave or going to different ship. It would of been neat to have two different CD's on a b2b. To see how they do things differently, because on our b2b Brooks told the same jokes both weeks and did the same little skits.

He's on break now. No reliable word on where he's going next. He had been alternating with Ken Rush on AL for a long while. But, current info from Jimmy Rhodes is that he (Jimmy) expects to be going to AL when Ken takes his next break in February, so it doesn't seem that Allan is returning there. There are several ships that have a CD changeover scheduled for Jan/Feb, so it could be any of those.

I agree that it would be very cool to have two different CD's on a b2b. The CD changeover date might be something to consider when planning a b2b!

Allure OTS - Ken Rush was scheduled to start on October 28. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

We were on Allure for a B2B in March 2011. We had Allan Brooks the first week and Ken Rush the second. We'd had Ken Rush as a CD on our Mexican Riviera cruise. He was exactly the same -- same jokes, etc.

In fact, Allan said many of the same things. I'm convinced that they all have a similar script that they follow. Even Amy Fickert on Oasis (who really was not nearly as bad as people make her out to be) had a lot of the same lines.

My favorites have been Kirk Detweiler (no longer around, maybe?) and Dennis (Sciortino) Charles.

Surprised - you're the first person I've seen say this. We had them last year on our first ever cruise and although I only have youtube videos to compare to, I'm thinking I'd love a change. Looking forward to next month!

Anybody have any comments on Rich Edwards?

I've never had a BAD cruise director just some I've liked more than others. A cruise is ALWAYS better than the alternative

We were on Allure for a B2B in March 2011. We had Allan Brooks the first week and Ken Rush the second. We'd had Ken Rush as a CD on our Mexican Riviera cruise. He was exactly the same -- same jokes, etc.

In fact, Allan said many of the same things. I'm convinced that they all have a similar script that they follow. Even Amy Fickert on Oasis (who really was not nearly as bad as people make her out to be) had a lot of the same lines.

My favorites have been Kirk Detweiler (no longer around, maybe?) and Dennis (Sciortino) Charles.

Kirk Detweiler now works for Silversea. He is presently the Cruise Director on Silver Spirit......and he is a great CD.

Donna,

So if Amy does go back 12/1 is it safe to say she will be the CD for our March 2nd 2013 cruise?

That's a good guess. As long as I've been maintaining this thread, she's been doing 4 months on followed by 2 months off. But, anything can happen between now and then, and CD's are sometimes re-assigned unexpectedly, so nothing is set in stone.

He's on break now. No reliable word on where he's going next. He had been alternating with Ken Rush on AL for a long while. But, current info from Jimmy Rhodes is that he (Jimmy) expects to be going to AL when Ken takes his next break in February, so it doesn't seem that Allan is returning there. There are several ships that have a CD changeover scheduled for Jan/Feb, so it could be any of those.

I agree that it would be very cool to have two different CD's on a b2b. The CD changeover date might be something to consider when planning a b2b!

If Jimmy Rhodes goes to AL in February, who joins Navigator at that time?

Rich posted on his facebook status earlier that he landed in Trinidad.

On Wednesday evening, he said the following: "I'm in miami for a quick meeting...then i go home...then its back on the high seas...liberty of the seas."

So i guess he's not going to make it on the ship tomorrow....

Rich posted on his facebook status earlier that he landed in Trinidad.

On Wednesday evening, he said the following: "I'm in miami for a quick meeting...then i go home...then its back on the high seas...liberty of the seas."

So i guess he's not going to make it on the ship tomorrow....

Allure OTS - Ken Rush was scheduled to start on October 28. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Grandeur OTS - Who is the current CD?

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov (?), Rich Edwards wil be joining Liberty soon (exact start date?) until early January (there is some confusion with the changeover date - can anyone confirm?)

Archived