Bringing Wine Onboard

heart13

Well, the more posts we have like this, the more likely Princess is going to be to crack down! Multiple cases of wine + beer + hard liquor... do you ever leave your room????? Wake up, people! Remember when the coffee card let you have unlimited brewed coffee until all your punches were punched -- GONE!! You are going to ruin it for those of us that are a bit more conservative and not too cheap to buy our alcohol from Princess when we're out and about on the ship!!!!!!! :mad:

I'll second your thoughts...abuse it & loose it...one of the best benefits is to bring wine/champagne onboard to enjoy in our cabins or to pay a $15 corkage fee for in the MDR.

I'll second your thoughts...abuse it & loose it...one of the best benefits is to bring wine/champagne onboard to enjoy in our cabins or to pay a $15 corkage fee for in the MDR.

These posts have been on here for years. If Princess was going to react to them, it would have happened years ago

Princess won't take it from you......At least I've never heard of them ever doing so with wine.

Now you have!

Somebody did report that she was only allowed 1 bottle pp a month or so ago. I believe that it was in San Juan, and it was a ship crew member who confiscated her extra bottles. I think she got them back at the end of the cruise. That's the only incident I recall reading about.
That was me on the CB 1/29-2/5 out of San Juan.

If we had handed a case to the porters, it probably would have been fine. I think the ship's officer on duty was new and adhering to the letter of the law. :(

We are about to leave on our first Grand Princess cruise and are considering carrying a couple bottles of wine onboard. For those of you that have done so in the past, do you pack it in your lugage (and risk breakage) or carry it onboard in your carry-on bags? We're driving down to Port Everglades from Gainesville, FL, so getting it to the port is a non-isssue.

When are you going? We sail on the Grand on April 7th.

We heard that folks go to the Total Wine down in Ft. Lauderdale and have them pack up the cases of wine and people put a luggage tag on it and drop it off with the baggage at the port.

BTW, How lucky are you to be in the Gator Nation?!!! LOL!

Go Gators!

We were on the Emerald last month. We got a case of wine from TW in a taped box. We put our luggage tag on it and checked it along with our luggage. No problem. We enjoyed a bottle of wine every night on our balcony before dinner.

We don't drink wine but would like to take a case of beer on board - do we need to wrap the case in brown paper or just stick a luggage tag on the box?

Since the beer is against the rules, I wold pack it in something, either checked or carryon. No point in flaunting it if you happen to have a stickler for rules stanging there..

We don't drink wine but would like to take a case of beer on board - do we need to wrap the case in brown paper or just stick a luggage tag on the box?

We only had a 12 pack but since it was bottles Total Wine put it in a used liquor box for us and taped it up (for protection). Just tape a luggage tag to the top of the box and hand it to the porters.

I've read of some people who just walk off the ship, grab a case of beer and bring it back on board through the scanners with no questions asked (except "Where's the party?"). :D

Well, the more posts we have like this, the more likely Princess is going to be to crack down! Multiple cases of wine + beer + hard liquor... do you ever leave your room????? Wake up, people!

:mad:

The thing that I think is so funny -- people are very selective about

which rules they think apply to them.

In another thread, someone asks about making a sandwich and bringing

it ashore for lunch in port. From the replies, they will be sent to devil's

island for the rest of their life.

Someone doesn't follow the dress code? Flog them!

Someone mentions smuggling liquor, and everybody lines up

to brag about how much they bring on board.

I often wonder if it's the same people getting the shareholder

onboard credit that are bragging about costing the company money.

We are about to leave on our first Grand Princess cruise and are considering carrying a couple bottles of wine onboard. For those of you that have done so in the past, do you pack it in your lugage (and risk breakage) or carry it onboard in your carry-on bags? We're driving down to Port Everglades from Gainesville, FL, so getting it to the port is a non-isssue.

We carried it in our carry-on when we sailed the Ruby. Just for safe measures, we put the bottles in a padded neoprene water bottle holder. They kept the wine bottles safe and, when on the islands, they kept the water bottles cold.

Interesting posts. In the past we've brought aboard 1/2 dozen or so bottles, and always thought it was a real perk on Princess (we note RCL now says NO to bringing any alcohol aboard, and apparently xrays luggage). We still buy wine at dinner, and splurge on a few martinis.

The Princess website, however, states you are allowed only one bottle of wine pp per cruise. Was it always thus, and they just looked the other way, or are they tightening the rules? We have a 14 day Hawaii cruise next year, and sure would like to have a glass or two on our balcony.

Cheers, Brian

Interesting posts. In the past we've brought aboard 1/2 dozen or so bottles, and always thought it was a real perk on Princess (we note RCL now says NO to bringing any alcohol aboard, and apparently xrays luggage). We still buy wine at dinner, and splurge on a few martinis.

The Princess website, however, states you are allowed only one bottle of wine pp per cruise. Was it always thus, and they just looked the other way, or are they tightening the rules? We have a 14 day Hawaii cruise next year, and sure would like to have a glass or two on our balcony.

Cheers, Brian

Princess has said this for a while and has not enforced it.

When do you drink your wine? I know you can drink it without problems in your cabin but how about in the dining room or poolside or at bar? Thanks.

We love wine but don't want to drink it only in our cabin.

You can ask for wine glasses at any of the bars, fill your glass and carry it to dinner. For the pool area I would ask at one of the outside bars for glasses as they use plastic in those areas. It might be a bit brazen to bring a full glass of wine to a bar and sit there and drink it. :eek:

Archived