Do They Exist ???

jawas

I really, really want a nice pair of white pants or slacks (not capris) for my next cruise. I don't like stretchy or baggy or sheer :p I'm leaning towards a firm linen, but so far haven't seen anything out there.

I'm 5'8, but I would say my figure is on the curvy side through the hips and thighs, so nothing "skinny".

So, do they exist? Please post pics if you have any suggestions!

PS - I'm looking for something that will go with this top:

http://i.pgcdn.com/pi/94/82/12/948212137_125.jpg

Hi,:) I can't see the color of the top...I can see it is sort a peasant

style (I think?)....I love that type of top. This might sound odd to

some folks but have you thought about a lightweigt white denim?

I have 2 pairs of white jeans....they are not "heavy" and they look

nice too....just a suggestion:)

OP, as you can see with all the recommendations, yes they do exist. Now you just need to get out there and try on to see which ones fit you the best. I would also suggest not trying to buy online unless there's an online sale and you've tried on the exact pair in a store. Sometimes stores have online only sales.

Eileen Fisher might have what you are looking for. I've forgotten their spring/summer line but try Neiman's or Eileen Fisher site.

That's exactly my suggestion. White House Black Market would be another place to look.

Saks also carries Eileen Fisher.

OP, as you can see with all the recommendations, yes they do exist. Now you just need to get out there and try on to see which ones fit you the best. I would also suggest not trying to buy online unless there's an online sale and you've tried on the exact pair in a store. Sometimes stores have online only sales.

Yes, I will definitely have to try them on - never know with pants how they'll fit. I've tried on 2-3 pairs so far, and am trying to narrow down where I'm heading. Guess I'll have to plan a shopping day soon!

The T.J. Maxx, near me in Framingham, Ma., is showing lots of white slacks & jeans. If there is one near you, check it out.

I do love TJ Maxx - ours is small, and hasn't been open too long, so I'm not sure how I'll fare there, but there's another one close by with lots of clothing.

I've had the same bad luck trying to find light weight white cotton pants (white denim won't do, too heavy). Being 5'8" as well and no spring chicken, I do not like low-rise or mid-rise which is all I've found thus far. Eileen Fisher just might be worth a try. Thanks for the tip!

I saw lined white heavy linen slacks in Macy's this week. I forget the price unfortunately. You could check Macy's web site if you don't have a Macy's clsoe by.

I live in South Florida. We may get summery clothing earlier than other parts of the country. Macy's down here is showing lots of linen apparel right now.

I have a wide leg pair by Roberto Cavalli that I LOVE. They were $600 marked down, down, down to $125 at Neiman Marcus Last Call a year or so ago. Price felt a bit steep at the time but the fit was great so I went for it. I ended up wearing them like the a million times and they've held up beautifully so it was totally worth it. Also they are nice and long which is great for me since I'm 5'11" and love heels. I'll take a pic and post shortly.

I only own one pair of white pants. They are Ann Taylor Loft, fully lined, washable, and very comfy. They have a wide leg and really look great with all of my tops. Hope it helps.

Fully lined, washable linen? Does it contain a blend?

I got a Neiman's catalog today that offered an Eileen Fisher white linen and lyocell trouser for $178. They are item #T4ES4 if you want to go to the Neiman Marcus site to look at them.

Archived