How to smuggle beer?

mikehn

How do you smuggle beer onboard? I already understand the different ways to smuggle hard booze. Thanks.

Why would you want to smuggle beer onboard? It wouldn't be practical to try to put beer in a rum-runner. It wouldn't stay cold, and would go flat fairly quickly. Are you concerned that the ship won't have your brand? If it's because of cost, you'll just have to bite the bullet and pay what the ship charges.

Smuggling beer onboard is less about the best way to do it and more about the screeners not caring. Beer would have to be kept in the original container, so it would show up when the bag is screened. You may want to check the section for the line you are planning to sail to see how others have done.

since you can bring 12 packs of soda on board,carefully open one end, remove the soda, and replace with beer, except at the handle part in the middle where you can see the cans. Hot glue the flaps closed and put a luggage tag on and it will hopefully be delivered to your room. I duct taped two 12 packs together, making a duct tape handle and had no problems good luck

since you can bring 12 packs of soda on board,carefully open one end, remove the soda, and replace with beer, except at the handle part in the middle where you can see the cans. Hot glue the flaps closed and put a luggage tag on and it will hopefully be delivered to your room. I duct taped two 12 packs together, making a duct tape handle and had no problems good luck

OP did not indicate which cruise line, so he may not be allowed to carry on any soda.

How do you smuggle beer onboard? I already understand the different ways to smuggle hard booze. Thanks.

Hire a helicopter to air drop your beer in the middle of the night. Or, hire a submarine and have it pull along side after dark and you can haul up your beer. Or, hire someone to kidnap the captain's family and hold them for ransom until they allow your beer on board. Or, have your legs surgically removed and build hollow prosthetics that will hold your cans of beer and then hobble right on board.

Or, just buy it on board like the rest of us do. :rolleyes:

If someone just found Cruise Critic and started reading through the threads, they would think all cruisers were alcoholics.

Or that they did not know how to use the search function or google. Or, that they were really cheap.

Hire a helicopter to air drop your beer in the middle of the night. Or, hire a submarine and have it pull along side after dark and you can haul up your beer. Or, hire someone to kidnap the captain's family and hold them for ransom until they allow your beer on board. Or, have your legs surgically removed and build hollow prosthetics that will hold your cans of beer and then hobble right on board.

Or, just buy it on board like the rest of us do. :rolleyes:

No need to go through all of that. Just get a reeeaaallly long straw, and have a friend or family member on shore with plenty of cold ones close by.:rolleyes::D

You can always just pack it in your suitcases....but if they find it, they'll confiscate it.

Or the crew could just shake the hell out of the suitcase, after scanning so they know there's "contraband" inside, then just deliver it to the cabin. I wonder what would happen when a can is opened? Fortunately I'm not a big beer fan, I might have had one on a cruise about 18 months ago.

I don't smuggle beer aboard ships, I bring it on. I have brought it aboard in checked luggage and in carry-on. Princess tends to turn a blind eye to 6 packs being brought aboard in carry-ons and even on Celebrity in January I brought aboard a 6 pack in a few ports....in one case the the security officer said you must have some beer in your backpack...I answered in the affirmative and that was that. That said, I would never bring more than a 6 pack aboard.

Do you want to bring good beer or just want to drink swill on the cheap?

More info is needed.

As the resident beer expert, please inform us, what would be "good beer" and what would be "swill"?

Also, explain how this has any relevence to the conversation.

OP. it isn't possible to successfully smuggle beer onto a cruise ship. They catch everyone. It's best to just buck up and suffer through the miserable selection of swill on the ship.

Depending upon the cruise line it certainly is possible to bring beer aboard, please see post #18. I have yet to have a problem bringing a modest amount of beer aboard. Having said that I probably wouldn't do it on Carnival but then again I have no interest in sailing on Carnival.

You don't say what line you're cruising on, but if it's Royal Caribbean, forget about it. You can't get on board without your stuff being scanned, and as soon as it gets through the scanner, the Bottle Collector is waiting right there inches away to tag your booze (whatever it may be) and hold it until the cruise is over. Any beer in your luggage is bound to be found in much the same way, and that warrants a trip to the naughty room.

I do sympathise with you though. It's really hard to find a decent beer on board. I"m guessing (hoping) you want to bring a nice microbrew on?

Archived