Diamond members..are you aware of this policy?

We had the same experience a couple of years ago on Liberty OTS when traveling with a non-diamond cruiser.

We decided to institute our policy: If she's not good enough for them - they're not good enough for us!

There wasn't a benefit free enough that we'd not spend time with our friend. As far as we were concerned, it was a big ship and there were plenty of other places that we could be.

(Had a great time, BTW....)

I agree with your sentiment, but disagree that they don't think she's "good enough." She's not eligible, which is a completely different thing. Perhaps there were so many Diamond members expecting that friends/cabinmates/non-Diamond family would be allowed in that they had to start enforcing the actual policy. I know that they often have to open an overflow lounge because there are so many Diamonds onboard.

beachchick

You are saying they sure will stop you from taking drinks out of the CL? Again, it varies. We've been on ships that did not let pax leave the CL with drinks; other ships allowed it.

I was actually saying that to the person I quoted because they made it sound like they never have nor ever will be stoped from leaving the DL and I just wanted to point out they will be stopped in the CL. Although-yes, some do look the other way.;)

Let's face it, it is a written rule you can not leave so why question it.? For all of you who try to leave without asking-do I dare say you are just wrong-simply put.:confused:

I love these threads because this a clear rule stated on the website. Yet many try and break the rules but god forbid you wear shorts to the MDR how dare you break the rules what is wrong with you!:p.

Already on ships that have a DL the amount of diamonds far exceeds the space in the DL so it spills out to other area's. When the loyalty program gets another facelift-all you people wanting to bring all your cabin mates in with you may understand why it has changed and you may not like the new change. You know darn well they have something in place as we all type because D and D+ numbers are still growing fast even with the new point system.

I was actually saying that to the person I quoted because they made it sound like they never have nor ever will be stoped from leaving the DL and I just wanted to point out they will be stopped in the CL. Although-yes, some do look the other way.;)

A few years ago on Adventure, the Concierge (DeDe, I think her name was) ran after me out of the CL and around the corner into the stateroom hallway because she thought I left with alcohol. It was only a capuccino, but we had a good laugh for the rest of the week. :D

A few years ago on Adventure, the Concierge (DeDe, I think her name was) ran after me out of the CL and around the corner into the stateroom hallway because she thought I left with alcohol. It was only a capuccino, but we had a good laugh for the rest of the week. :D

OMG that was you????:D

But yes, I watched her do the same!!! Except that one was truly busted!!!;)

I will be cruising in June sharing a cabin with my son. I am Diamond and he is not. I am going on the assumption that he cannot use the Diamond lounge even though he is my cabinmate. My other son who is Diamond and his wife who is not will both be allowed into the lounge just because they are a married couple....is this correct?

I will go along with the rules but this is what I feel is unfair. If you travel with your spouse then that person has the Diamond lounge perk. If you are in the unfortunate position of not having a spouse, you are penalized as your cabinmate cannot use the lounge.

All of us do not have a spouse.

If you are not talking about your husband/wife or family member then they should receive their own D+ amenity.. I traveled last year with a friend who was Diamond...I am D+..we each received the welcome back snack basket with the drink we had chosen prior to cruising...I also know friends who travel together who are both D+ and they each receive their own amenity...it is only when the cabin mates are Family that the gift is 1 per cabin...

But we are both Diamond Plus. So because we are married we only get one per family. But if I was with a friend who was Diamond Plus we would both get one?? That doesn't make sense.

Hello all,

We were shocked (and embarassed) to be told (in front of the 4 other people in the diamond lounge the first night) that I was welcome to stay, but my friend would have to leave.

Opinions/ experiences welcome. I will write a long review of the LOS in the coming days....

Thanks.

Thanks for posting this. You make a good point about the reasons your friend should be able to enter the DL with you. At one time I, like you, thought that a diamond member could take their non-diamond cabin mate into the Diamond Lounge. I learned otherwise by reading the information provided in my cabin on the first day of each cruise.

Personally, I am glad that the company is restrictive. On a ship last fall we were unable to even get into the concierge lounge because the concierge was NOT checking key card and was not restrictive. We were very disappointed in his non-enforcement of rules and allowed people to bring in non-eligible friends and therefore overcrowded the lounge. The only night that the lounge was nearly empty was the last night when tips are generally given.

On the first day of our most recent cruise I was waiting for the elevator and couldn't help but hear a woman rant loudly because she had been told that she could not bring her non D+ friends into the Concierge Lounge. I later learned that she was part of a group of 120 people.......wow, that would have packed the house.

Fortunately for you, you now know of the restrictions and will not be embarassed next time.

I will be cruising in June sharing a cabin with my son. I am Diamond and he is not. I am going on the assumption that he cannot use the Diamond lounge even though he is my cabinmate. My other son who is Diamond and his wife who is not will both be allowed into the lounge just because they are a married couple....is this correct?

I will go along with the rules but this is what I feel is unfair. If you travel with your spouse then that person has the Diamond lounge perk. If you are in the unfortunate position of not having a spouse, you are penalized as your cabinmate cannot use the lounge.

I was told in writing by Royal Caribbean that the concierge is able to make exceptions to the rule based on the number of Diamond members on board. Since I received this in writing it appears as if this is their policy. I would suggest approaching him/her the first day and explaining the situation. It is possible that they will allow him to join you. Many people have had success doing this. Good luck!

I was told in writing by Royal Caribbean that the concierge is able to make exceptions to the rule based on the number of Diamond members on board. Since I received this in writing it appears as if this is their policy. I would suggest approaching him/her the first day and explaining the situation. It is possible that they will allow him to join you. Many people have had success doing this. Good luck!

My Mom is diamond and cruises with her friend who is not, she has never been allowed to bring her friend into the lounge with her. They are actually cruising in a few weeks specifically to get her friend to diamond so they will both be diamond before their transatlantic.

My Mom is diamond and cruises with her friend who is not, she has never been allowed to bring her friend into the lounge with her. They are actually cruising in a few weeks specifically to get her friend to diamond so they will both be diamond before their transatlantic.

It is my understanding that it is up to the concierge. Some have been successful, others have not. But, all you can do is ask.

It is my understanding that it is up to the concierge. Some have been successful, others have not. But, all you can do is ask.

I know last week on the Freedom, she had a letter in the cabin stating she could not bring her cabinmate, so no sense in asking. I am not sure if she asked on other cruises or not. She does not leave her friend and go have a drink on her own, they just go to another bar before dinner. At least they will be able to enjoy it together on their TA later this year.

But we are both Diamond Plus. So because we are married we only get one per family. But if I was with a friend who was Diamond Plus we would both get one?? That doesn't make sense.

You expect RCL to make sense??;) :D But on the same hand a husband or wife can make D+ based on the spouse's cruise total so guess it all even's out in the end...

Go with the X.

Last spring I went with my son (a senior) on X and got to take him in the lounge.

After that cruise we went right on the Liberty for the Trans Atlantic and he could not enter the lounge.

Now when I travel with my son or friend I go X.

I don't drink but love the coffee machine.

If your son, who is sharing your cabin with you is over 18 years of age and, even if he lives at the same address, must earn his cruise points on his own.

Your other son's wife is automatically Diamond because they are married, so yes, she will be allowed into the DL. That's one of the benefits of being married.

It also goes by "address (aka household)" as well as being a married couple.

The only difference is when you order your beverage to be delivered with your Welcome Aboard Basket.........each party gets to select what they want as long as each party has their own log-in on the C&A website.

Yes, as everyone said it is the policy. However, it is bent when a man brings in a woman, or a woman brings in a man. they assume husband and wife. But if two woman - No! Tried to bring my Mom before she was a Diamond and they said NO, they couldn't even be in the room. However, when I was traveling with my in-laws, my MIL plays the piano and she was allowed in the Diamond Lounge never cruised before - but she entertained the room each night! It really is a flip of a coin.

Hello all,

I just returned from a 5 night cruise on the Liberty of the Seas. This was a girl's trip...to celebrate my friend's birthday. I am a diamond member, she is a platinum member. On every cruise since I've been diamond, if I was traveling with a friend or family member IN MY STATEROOM, they have ALWAYS been allowed to go with me into the diamond lounge and enjoy a few cocktails. We were shocked (and embarassed) to be told (in front of the 4 other people in the diamond lounge the first night) that I was welcome to stay, but my friend would have to leave. So, for the remainder of the cruise, if I wanted to go into the diamond lounge and have a drink, I had to go BY MYSELF while my friend waited outside. AND not only that, but they would not allow us to BUY her drinks so that she could sit with me, or allow me to take my drink out to the bar where she was. And, mind you, I only went in there 3 of the 5 nights, because I didn't want to ditch my friend, but there were only around 10 people max 2 of the nights, and the last night, there were several tables and seats availalbe. AMAZING.

So, I am just wondering what your experiences have been with this. We were told by the hotel manager and the captain of the ship that this has ALWAYS been their policy, that ONLY diamond members and their spouses are allowed in the lounge. I knew and have never tried to get someone other that the person I am traveling with in my stateroom in, and I could have sworn it was their written policy to allow only those traveling in your stateroom with the diamond member in.

I know for a fact that Celebrity DOES allow this, and not only allows it, but even prints a special card for your stateroom companion to avoid any embarassment or hassle.

Opinions/ experiences welcome. I will write a long review of the LOS in the coming days....

Thanks.

I'm frequently surprised here at what people find embarrassing. There was a little misunderstanding over the rules and your friend was not allowed in, I'm not sure why anyone would/should feel embarrassed.

I have been diamond for a while now and have NEVER set foot in the diamond club for this reason. I traveled on Oasis with my fiance who lives with me and I was very rudely told she couldn't come in. Despite us having the same address, being in the same cabin, etc.

In this situation you might want to write a nice e-mail to C&A, because she's going to assume your status anyway. Make sure they know your relationship to each other so they know to elevate her status (in case this hasn't already happened / been dealt with)!

Lots of argument on this thread about who's entitled to what... etc... your spouse IS absolutely entitled to your status under the rules!

I get carded all the time. Most likely because I look so young.

Actually I have seen the Concierge on many ships walk around with a sheet of paper and check off people as they go. And yes I have seen many people asked to leave as they followed Diamonds into the lounge or D+ into the Concierge Lounge.

You?! You're lucky you can pass for 21 my friend.

Hope you and Laura are well. Mom and I (and the boys) are sailing Freedom on April 1. So looking forward to it.

My DW are/were both carded when we enter the Diamond lounge on all past cruises. I'm guessing the concierge doesn't think someone as good looking as her would have me for a spouse.:eek:

I'd rather they enforce the "no shorts" rule at night as requested in the cabin announcement rather than the cabinmate/traveling companion rule.

I have been diamond for a while now and have NEVER set foot in the diamond club for this reason. I traveled on Oasis with my fiance who lives with me and I was very rudely told she couldn't come in. Despite us having the same address, being in the same cabin, etc.

So I never went it, and have never tried again on subsequent cruises. They can have their discount booze, we were swiping our cash away in other bars!

In this situation you might want to write a nice e-mail to C&A, because she's going to assume your status anyway. Make sure they know your relationship to each other so they know to elevate her status (in case this hasn't already happened / been dealt with)!

Lots of argument on this thread about who's entitled to what... etc... your spouse IS absolutely entitled to your status under the rules!

I doubt if they'll extend benefits to someone based on the fact that they may be entitled to them at a future date.

What happens on a ship such as the Explorer where there is not a special conceiger lounge? I am diamond and my cabin mate just turned platinum -- 2 females -- so I guess she will be turned away?

Neither of us drink alcohol. But would be curious to see and meet the attendees.

MARAPRINCE

What happens on a ship such as the Explorer where there is not a special conceiger lounge? I am diamond and my cabin mate just turned platinum -- 2 females -- so I guess she will be turned away?

Neither of us drink alcohol. But would be curious to see and meet the attendees.

MARAPRINCE

From what I've seen & read your cabin mate would be allowed to go with you to the Diamond Event...but would be charged for her drink..the D event is usually held in the Viking Crown or other public area so seating is not the issue as it is in the actual CL & DL..

From what I've seen & read your cabin mate would be allowed to go with you to the Diamond Event...but would be charged for her drink..the D event is usually held in the Viking Crown or other public area so seating is not the issue as it is in the actual CL & DL..
In my experience, there's always a sign saying private party or something along those lines, and there will be the same issue as the DL - depending on who's in charge that day, and their degree of vigilance, a non-diamond may or may not be allowed to stay.

Archived