TA transfered my reserv. without me knowing.!

I really need your opinion.

I called a TA and inquired abt a promotion they were offering. I told them I had a reservation w RCCL, which I just booked last week. I worked 60+hrs so far this week, the TA agent called and called but I was at work so I never got back in touch with her. Last night after working 14hr I looked at my emails...She transfered my reservation without my permission!!! I have cruised 8x before but I always book w the cruise line, because of the not knowing the TA reliability. Is this shady or is it me? The promotion seems to be good but I just dont know...

Seriously what do you think?

They also would have needed to know your booking #. I wouldn't let this go since it wasn't with your permission. You need to call and talk to someone at RCI in resolutions as PP said. I also thought they couldn't transfer without your written permission.

I think that you can hear one comminality here. A travel agent (agency) cannot move a booking without your express written consent...period!

I would be on the phone with Royal Caribbean, madder than all get out, demanding to see the transfer sheet that has your forged signature.

Then I might be tempted to turn the TA over to the Attorney Generals office for further investigation.

This agent needs to be out of a job for that practice.

Rick

I'm not sure how they could do that unless they forged your name... since there is a paper you have to sign for RCI requesting that the reservation be transfered.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/TA_TransferForm.pdf

That's exactly what I was thinking too...I think I would confront her and find out why she transferred it and I don't think I would allow her to keep the booking.

Well I called RCCL, they said there is a form that I would have had to submit. I told them I didnt..and I was concerned because someone just radomly transfered it..The rep was like hooo humm. I said it was important because every time I called I had to give them my name,, spouse name, sail date, ship...etc etc. Why do we do all that if anyone can take my reservation...She didnt know Call the agency. Call the agency the TA was off, the manager said well either I wanted to keep the reservation or not, what did I want to do!!! Nice customer service. I told him Id talk to the rep on Sunday when she came in ..he said let him know right now..so I told him I just said I would let him know Sunday after I talked to the rep...Doesnt this sound fishy!!

I wish we could post the website so I could find out if the agency is good and the employees are having a bad day!!

Well I called RCCL, they said there is a form that I would have had to submit. I told them I didnt..and I was concerned because someone just radomly transfered it..The rep was like hooo humm. I said it was important because every time I called I had to give them my name,, spouse name, sail date, ship...etc etc. Why do we do all that if anyone can take my reservation...She didnt know Call the agency. Call the agency the TA was off, the manager said well either I wanted to keep the reservation or not, what did I want to do!!! Nice customer service. I told him Id talk to the rep on Sunday when she came in ..he said let him know right now..so I told him I just said I would let him know Sunday after I talked to the rep...Doesnt this sound fishy!!

I wish we could post the website so I could find out if the agency is good and the employees are having a bad day!!

Oh yeah this doesn't sound good. I would have that reservation cancelled! And make sure they send you a cancellation notice if you gave them a deposit. I sure hope they never got that far though and then that reservation will cancel on it's own w/o deposit. I can't see this situation getting any better...sorry. Worse case scenior and it can't be cancelled I wonder if you could transfer it to another travel agency?

Keep us posted...

You booked and gave RCCL the deposit right? When you spoke to RCCl about this did they say there was a transfer form submitted??

Why do you want to wait till Sunday to speak to this TA??

If it was me I would be on the phone so fast with RCCL getting them to resecure this res. This whole thing smells!! Good Luck

If this is what the rep actually did it is not acceptable. I would have asked to speak to their manager to get it resolved at that very moment! Call RCCL back.

Wow - just reading your plot here.

I would not call back to that agency. I would deal with RCCL only. If they have a hoo-humm attitude again, ask for a supervisor.

Did RCCL comfirm the booking was transferred? If so, ask them to email or fax you the transfer permission slip WITH your SIGNATURE.

If they send it to you, and it's not your signature you need to keep following up with RCCL giving the name of the agency, TA, and the managers name.

I would hope RCCL would follow up with your complaint and transfer "back" your booking to RCCL.

Good luck to you - and don't call that travel agency back.........and don't let RCCL not fight for you, please know, there are many, many great, honest travel agents that really work hard for you.......

g

I also think you should not call this agency back on Sunday or ANY day. Call direct to RCCL and tell them that you gave NO ONE permission to take on the booking, and you signed NOTHING. Tell them that if they have a form on file that was faxed to them, it's a forgery. Demand that the reservation be switched back to RCCL, not cancelled. As for the manager of this agency, demanding you make a decision 'right now' - hogwash. I'm forcing myself to give the TA the benefit of the doubt, that she was indeed trying to do something good for you.... but still, it was wrong and against policy. Now it's a matter of principle. Don't let them keep this booking.

There are great TA's out there. Whatever offer you got from this agency, which sounds decent and is therefore somewhat appealing, I'm positive you can get the same or close to it from another agency. One that is honest.

Good luck to you and please let us know what happens.

This whole thing seems very strange. Did you actually give the agent your booking number even though you did not know if you were transferring it? Is it possible that instead of transferring your booking that she made another one since she could not get in touch with you. What exactly did Royal Caribbean say when you called them? I can't imagine an agent taking over a booking without your permission. We really would like to know the outcome of this.

Ok, Im back..

Just off the telephone with RCCL, there were not happy. Funny, different rep different attitude.

I have to fax a letter over to them stating what I explained abv...they are going to investigate it and get my reservation back. I explained, I do not want to lose my room 12329 on the Allure. (I put alot of time and research into this) So, I got the fax number for the resolution department....Now to type the letter.

Thanks all for your insite and support :)

I really need your opinion.

I called a TA and inquired abt a promotion they were offering. I told them I had a reservation w RCCL, which I just booked last week. I worked 60+hrs so far this week, the TA agent called and called but I was at work so I never got back in touch with her. Last night after working 14hr I looked at my emails...She transfered my reservation without my permission!!! I have cruised 8x before but I always book w the cruise line, because of the not knowing the TA reliability. Is this shady or is it me? The promotion seems to be good but I just dont know...

Seriously what do you think?

To the OP.

After all of the confirmations from heavy RCCL cruisers, and other TA's, that you seem (IMHO) to just ignore........why have you posted this question?

Unless you are not telling us the truth, there is forgery to start with, which is a felony. Then you have gotten the run around by some underling at Royal Caribbean, which is unfortunate, and with only 8 cruises under your belt, there is still a learning curve.

You need to call Royal Caribbean back, and ask for problems resolution, seek a supervisor, ask (and write down the name of the supervisor) how you can get your reservation back, letting them know that you never signed anything to move your booking.

I hope that you are listening, as many of us want to help!:rolleyes:

Rick

Ok, Im back..

Just off the telephone with RCCL, there were not happy. Funny, different rep different attitude.

I have to fax a letter over to them stating what I explained abv...they are going to investigate it and get my reservation back. I explained, I do not want to lose my room 12329 on the Allure. (I put alot of time and research into this) So, I got the fax number for the resolution department....Now to type the letter.

Thanks all for your inside and support :)

tinak........I wrote a response before I had a chance to read yours.

I'm glad that you are moving ahead with getting your reservation back. You won't lose your cabin!

If you need help in writting a letter, there are many here that can draft something for you.

My apologies of my last post.;)

Rick

Ok, Im back..

Thanks all for your insite and support :)

tinak........I wrote a response before I had a chance to read yours.

I'm glad that you are moving ahead with getting your reservation back. You won't lose your cabin!

If you need help in writting a letter, there are many here that can draft something for you.

My apologies of my last post.;)

RickI

Rick, Since I did what everyone suggested I couldnt figure out where you were coming from...LOL Your right there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here on the boards, thats why trusted everyones recommendations, and followed them. Thanks again...

only 333 more days til my next cruise.

Archived