TA transfered my reserv. without me knowing.!

Rick, Since I did what everyone suggested I couldnt figure out where you were coming from...LOL Your right there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here on the boards, thats why trusted everyones recommendations, and followed them. Thanks again...

only 333 more days til my next cruise.

Update..... did you get the letter done? Where does your reservation stand?

I think this was asked, but don't see a reply.......how did that agent get your booking # ? Did you give it to them? If so, why did that happen if you were just "window shopping" ? And if you didn't, how did they get your booking transferred without a booking # ?

They would have needed at a Minimum.....ship/sail date/booking #/name(s) etc to pull that off. My guess is, that if you did give them your booking #, you must have lead them to believe you were going to give them the booking. You might not have come right out and said it, but I'm guessing they thought you wanted them to have the booking, hence why you ??gave them your booking #

We'll be curious to know how this went down....I'd like to think an agent wouldn't have just flagrantly "stole" your booking and "hunted down" all that info above and just said...." ya know what.....I'm going to take over this booking just for the heck of it, and nobody will ever say anything...."

I can totally see something being said like "If you give me your booking number I can look into your reservation and see if the promotion can be applied to your booking". However if she didn't fill out and sign the transfer form then there's no way the agent should have, or should have been able to, transfer the booking.

I can totally see something being said like "If you give me your booking number I can look into your reservation and see if the promotion can be applied to your booking". However if she didn't fill out and sign the transfer form then there's no way the agent should have, or should have been able to, transfer the booking.

And that's the point. I was one of the people who said the TA would need the booking #. But, the TA can't just take the reservation. The OP would have had to request the reservation be moved.

Im back, No I didnt give them the reservation number ( that I remember :( ), but think abt it I handed them all the info, Names, sail date, ship etc etc. I am 2100% I didnt sign or fax anything. I was completly surprised when I got the email, they had my email to send me a "quote". Any how, I faxed the letter with my signature to the resolution department, they said I would be switched back within 48 hrs..

ahhhhhh.

So here I sit, no perks...but I feel safe.

DH is a TA and that agency did is not only illegal by forging your name but unethical as well. I would insist that RCCL look into this forgery of your name on a document.

What that agency did is unethical and regardless of what they were promising you, you need to keep in mind what else they are doing that may be illegal or unethical. I would make sure I took this up with the agency as well. There are places online you can post complaints about agencies, and I would make sure I let people know.

Im back, No I didnt give them the reservation number ( that I remember :( ), but think abt it I handed them all the info, Names, sail date, ship etc etc. I am 2100% I didnt sign or fax anything. I was completly surprised when I got the email, they had my email to send me a "quote". Any how, I faxed the letter with my signature to the resolution department, they said I would be switched back within 48 hrs..

ahhhhhh.

So here I sit, no perks...but I feel safe.

Better no perks with a reservation you can see than perks on a potentially non existent reservation. Once it is back to RCI I would be following up as what they did is illegal, but wait until you have control again and make sure RCI is aware it is NOT to be transferred again.

I'm not sure how they could do that unless they forged your name... since there is a paper you have to sign for RCI requesting that the reservation be transfered.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/TA_TransferForm.pdf

I've transferred lots of times without signing a thing. This is the first I've seen this PDF. Perhaps this is another of Royal's inconsistencies.

Wow - just reading your plot here.

I would not call back to that agency. I would deal with RCCL only. If they have a hoo-humm attitude again, ask for a supervisor.

Did RCCL comfirm the booking was transferred? If so, ask them to email or fax you the transfer permission slip WITH your SIGNATURE.

If they send it to you, and it's not your signature you need to keep following up with RCCL giving the name of the agency, TA, and the managers name.

I would hope RCCL would follow up with your complaint and transfer "back" your booking to RCCL.

Good luck to you - and don't call that travel agency back.........and don't let RCCL not fight for you, please know, there are many, many great, honest travel agents that really work hard for you.......

g

I agree Call rccl and switch it Back drop the TA asap this is bs and they should never do with out your permission. Have rccl as stated above fax or email you a copy of the ta transfer form if someone else signed your name i would call the local sheriff dept for the county the ta is in and i would fill a complaint. Some one just can't random sign your name with your you knowing its wrong.. Make sure you get that form faxed or email and make sure you see where they signed it if they did before you take action. Again i personally would drop that ta and call the BBB on them as well.

DH is a TA and that agency did is not only illegal by forging your name but unethical as well. I would insist that RCCL look into this forgery of your name on a document.

What that agency did is unethical and regardless of what they were promising you, you need to keep in mind what else they are doing that may be illegal or unethical. I would make sure I took this up with the agency as well. There are places online you can post complaints about agencies, and I would make sure I let people know.

Does your dh know if you log a complaint with rccl with they drop the TA so that they can not use them in the future so this does not happen to more people?

I would call back. If you are a C&A member I would start with the C&A desk as opposed to the general reservations or customer service numbers. Then elevate as needed. I would think once they get a copy of the reservation form they would scan it in to their computer. At the very least they must keep a hard copy. I would ask them to email you a PDF of the form so you can see if, in fact, your name was forged. If so, I would be hoppin' mad and push it to the limit in terms of notifying any professional organization that TA is a member of as well as appropriate law enforcement agencies!

Good luck. Hope you'll continue to keep us posted.

Thanks for all the support and advise. I got my reservation back, with the room that I wanted. :) No Perks :(.

Im taking it as a life lesson..wish I would know which agencies I could trust. Ive scratched this one off of my list.

Tina, take heart, there are great TA's out there. Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to list them here or advertise for them. How long ago did you make your initial booking? You have 60 days from that date to make a (legit) transfer, so you may still come across a reputable TA offering some decent perks.

I know it stinks to give up whatever this TA offered, it was unfortunate (for you) that they put you in that position. Maybe someone else will come along to help direct you to something that would be beneficial. You did the right thing though, for what that's worth. Sorry that you had the experience that you did. Good luck to you going forward.... and I hope that you have a wonderful cruise!

I'm not sure how they could do that unless they forged your name... since there is a paper you have to sign for RCI requesting that the reservation be transfered.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/TA_TransferForm.pdf

I was thinking the same thing. When I transferred my cruise from RCI to my TA, I had to sign and fax a release form.

I was thinking the same thing. When I transferred my cruise from RCI to my TA, I had to sign and fax a release form.

This is also my concern. I booked my last cruise after final payment by placing a courtesy hold on the RC website. They wouldn't even transfer the booking with me on a 3 way call with RC and the TA. They had to extend my final payment deadline because they were that careful about getting it in writing and they can take a couple of days to process the form internally once it is faxed.

It erks the hell out of me that someone could just take the reservation..I cant even imagine how someone whos idenity was stolen feels. Your all right there was a form that was forged....the TA has to live with themselves. I was worried abt my credit card info, Per RCCL they dont keep it on file so the agency wouldnt have gotten that. Its a good thing or the TA could have bought themselves a lil sumthin sumthin...

I am wherry abt transfering for the perks..but I have abt 48 days left to keep shopping.

Lesson learned..Dont give out Full Names, or Birthdays.. Less is best..

Thanks for all your support..

This ended on a good note compared to what it could have been. Wish you could have seen my face when I read the email/invoice from the TA!!!

A travel agent who acts without their client's permission is not a good one in my opinion. Your agent breached your contract by transferring a reservation without your permission. If I were your travel agent I would wait until I got the go ahead to transfer the reservation in writing. In fact I would make up a form whereby I write down the cruise that you are transferring and that you will abide by our rules.

It seems like your agent wants more commission from you. I know how hard it must be to work long days and then deal with it. A good agent would wait until they hear from their client even if it means making a few attempts via email and phone.

Clearly your agent has worked with you in the past so she or he should know your long work days.

I hope you will take action and get this resolved.

Where I think you could have been more careful is by not giving out your entire reservation details. I am not denying your TA acted without your permission its just like giving out your personal travel details on Facebook. Hey I'm going on Cruise X and my confirmation # is xxxxxx.

I hope you report the TA and get compensation from RCCL to get you the perks you deserve. Ask for OBC and an upgrade as compensation you are owed compensation for a TA's failure and it should come out of her pocketbook for her mistake.

and get compensation from RCCL to get you the perks you deserve. Ask for OBC and an upgrade as compensation

I have to wonder what has become to our society. I think comments like the above are as bad as what the TA did. (Just my opinion, of course) But one can be certain that as soon as something doesn't go just right, there will always be CCers asking for compensation. Sad.

Glad you got it resolved, I like to book everything myself, so i don't get an OBC its not a deal breaker. Its a shame you got a shady TA there are good ones out there. you got your res back now just enjoy and plan what outfits you are bringing on the cruise..

Archived