dubai to venice world cruise

Card check

The goatcheese souffle is heaven:p. We had it in february on the Spirit going thru the Panama Canal. I spoke to the chef and he gave me the recipe. I am quite an able cook and tried it at home. I hate the fact that they carry those souffles thru half the ship and they stay high and fine. Unbelievable. Mine went down as usual just getting them out the oven. So depressing:confused:

So enjoy as many wonderful souffles as you can while on the ship.

Bon appetite

Eet smakelijk

How did you like that GrandMa Cake? was it covered in chocolate as well?...Ohhh I hope they have it on the Sojourn in 8 days time!:D

Ooooh along with those lovely NS that you soooo love! LOL! ;)

Now sorry for drifting off this thread but who was it who mentioned smoked Nigerian Shrimp???? We had the most delicious smoked Scottish (of course!) lobster last week at the Andrew Fairlie Restaurant at Gleneagles Hotel.

Dr Janey have you had any of my fav shrimp yet?:)

ST - wishing you a wonderful voyage and great adventures - peppered with all the characters who seem to cross your path - much to our great amusement mon cher! Seriously have a great trip. :D

Is anybody still reading this?

Sorry about yesterday, we had trouble with the internet.

Yesterday we arrived in Salalah at 12:30. Some people did tours, but most everything was closed due to Good Friday.

We decided to take a cab to the Hilton, so we ordered box "lunches" of baguettes, cheese, salami and fruit. The bartender made us 2 large bottles of melon colada and strawberry margaritas, and a stack of cups. We haggled with the cab drivers and finally got them down to $20.00 for 4 of us. It was about 15 minutes to the Hilton-it was in the middle of barren waste land. But for $14.00, they let you use the beautiful pool (with a slide) and they provided unlimited ice for our drinks. We shared our drinks with the entertainers, Stephen Kennedy and Calhal O'Duill, part of the opera quartet.

Also with the dancers Alex and Natasha. I keep looking for Francesca, but haven't met her yet.

Back to the ship for cocktails and dinner.

Paula Zahn left the ship yesterday. I had lunch with her and then swam with her son, Austin while she showered. She is the most delightful, humble, beautiful celebrity I have ever met. (Probably the ONLY celebrity I've ever met!)

Saturday, April 2, 2012

At Sea

Restaurant Menu:

FIRST COURSE

Pepper Seared Salmon & New Potato Terrine spring leeks

Layered Herb Marinated Goat Cheese Flan & Fresh Tomato

Roasted Quail Breast

Bouillabaisse Consume

White Asparagus Soup

Arugula and Shiitake Mushroom Salad

Boston Bibb Lettuce & Slow Dried Overnight Tomatoes

MAIN COURSE

Citrus Grilled Halibut

Sauteed Scallops in Coconut Curry Sauce

Duck a L'Orange

Grilled New York Steak

Vegetarian- Swiss Chard & Salsify Gratin

DR JANEY'S TABLE:

Prime Rib

Goat Cheese Souffle

Caesar Salad

Yorkshire Pudding

Creamed Spinach

We invited 8 of our cruising buddies.

S.T., Are these called Nigerian Shrimp? We will request them!! The Grandma's cake is delicious, but we try to avoid the sweets.

Also, yes, we have been playing bridge, but missed today.

Haven't done the duplicate yet, but mom will probably start up soon- she came in first last cruise!!!

BTW, do you all want the daily activities, as I am not the best typist. But will include if you are interested.

Dr. J

Ooooh along with those lovely NS that you soooo love! LOL! ;)

Dr Janey have you had any of my fav shrimp yet?:)

ST - wishing you a wonderful voyage and great adventures - peppered with all the characters who seem to cross your path - much to our great amusement mon cher! Seriously have a great trip. :D

Thanks fairbourne....we fly out next Thursday night and arrive into Barcelona on Friday Apr 13th at 9:00am...I sure hope they start embarkation at 11:00am or 12 noon?

Can't wait to see what "heatens" and "half naked grandpa's" are on the Sojourn?:D...stay tuned!:p

Sunday, April 8

At Sea

9AM Easter Mass- Catholic

9:15AM Basic Bridge

10:15AM Intermediate Bridge

10:00AM Interdenominational Easter Service

10:00AM Rabbi Morry's Discussion Group: "Middle East Follow Up"

10:30AM Ping Pong

Jewelry Making

11:00 AM Eggrichment Lecture: "Luxor and Karnac Within Easy Reach"

Lecturer Jayne Bridges

11:15AM Acupuncture

12:00PM Quest Trivia

2:00PM Duplicate Bridge

2:30PM Eggrichment Lecture: "Arabic Caligraphy in Islamic Art"

Guest Lecturer Nadia Dajani

3:30PM Dance Class: Social Fox Trot

Shuffleboard

4-5:00PM Afternnoon Tea

Menus to follow

S.T., Are these called Nigerian Shrimp? We will request them!!

Dr. J

According to several full world cruise passengers, Grilled Nigerian Shrimp are no longer available at the Patio Grill on the HOLLABOURN :eek: Quest. The substitute was to be Grilled Lobster but that, also, is no longer available.

If you request them, please confirm if true.

Welll, the Seabourn Texas Scalawag arrived back home yesterday after THE best Spirit Crossing ever! We had around 165 guests ~grrrreat Sailors. Mostly Club Member's, a few 1st timers. The TA was a 10 star voyage~service, food was a 12 star~Cheffy Imre Vago is new to the Company~best food I have ever had on Seabourn (Chef Bjoern & Graeme, excellant trainers)~as most all guests agreed, most delicious food ever! Staff, Crew was outstanding-10 stars! Hot Man, Daniel P., 11 Stars! Capt. David Bathgate is a 10 star Master ~charming, fun and kept us all safe.....only 1 day/night of rough Atlantic!! We just had a blast ~I did not hear one complaint~ Ohhh,This is good news......all guests dressed according to the dress code~day & evenings. Lecturers were fabulous ~ Marla Sanders was grrreat ~she was so very busy, however with daily Herald's & duties. (I don't play Trivia~soo ??) I was ill several days-due,reaction/allgeric to Advil/Alive... quite a surprise as I had no idea ~~new reactions~ Dr Toni Langenfeld and Nursey Jo Anne were fantastic ~saved my life!

Miss Dr. Janey and sweet Mama ~~I would love to be with you as I know YOU are causing small "ruckus's" and keeping everyone"knee slapping" laughing~please all Miss A. "Howdy" ~Nick & Debbie, Miss S., and other dear Quest friends of mine. I miss all of you.

My toast to you today and to all Quest Sailor's is:

'Amigos Para Siempre! Salut...:p

And sending big hugs

Martita B.

According to several full world cruise passengers, Grilled Nigerian Shrimp are no longer available at the Patio Grill on the HOLLABOURN :eek: Quest. The substitute was to be Grilled Lobster but that, also, is no longer available.

If you request them, please confirm if true.

Never liked those bug eyed critters anyways.;)...according to NEOPUSS they are serving bread and water on the World Cruise!:rolleyes:

Lovely day at sea today. Finally met Francesca and told her hello.

After our fantastic prime rib dinner last night we decided to eat in the Colonade with the the ship doctor, Gary Colner and his wife, Kathryn. It was a "Brazilian Market" and we found many delicious selections.

This was the Dining Room menu:

FIRST COURSE:

Seared Tuna, soba noodle and seaweed salad

Eggplant relish and hummus

Pappardelle pasta with braised veal cheaks

Caramelized onion consomme

Braised and raw endives

Caramelized pear salad, red oak leaf lettuce

MAIN COURSE:

Cumin and coriander crusted swordfish

Herb seared scallops with savory fondant potatoes

Herb roasted chicken

Grilled filet mignon

Spinach and corn fritters

They had the most amazing displays of easter eggs and huge chocolate rabbits in seabourn square, dining room and the Colonade. I bought all the chocolate eggs that they had in the gift shop and gave them to most of the crew.

We have made it by Yemen without any threats, but the 4 armed guards are still patrolling

Off to see the quartet- will be our first show!!!!

bye for now

HI MISS MARTHA!!!Met some Texas on board and also saw Aileen (sp?)

wripro

I don't know how long Daniel P. will be aboard the Spirit ~he is doing an outstanding job! Hotel MG works 24 hrs ~~he was really super on our TA.

I need to correct this ~ Chef Imre Vago was Thorston's Sous chef ~Chef Thorston, as many know, has joined Viking River Cruise ~ Chef Imre will soon be a star!!!:p

Happy Easter

Martita

Archived