Cabin 650 Deck 6 Voyager ship

We have #650 on an upcoming Voyager Cruise Athens-Istanbul. Will let you know any particulars. We were able to move to that suite from a previously booked unit on deck 7 because we felt it was too far aft

Alexandra: I wasn't exactly sure what you were saying. Did you have 650 and feel the vibration quite badly? What waters were you cruising in? Just curious. (I'm bothered so easily by noise, but not real fond of shaking either.)

We have been on several cruises (including a trans-Atlantic) in a cabin in that little section of G cabins on Deck 6 and consider those cabins to be the most desirable standard cabins on Voyager. They are nice and low and nicely amidships, making them quite comfortable in heavy water. We have never experienced any vibration in that little section, although we would not likely choose one of the standard cabins aft of the launderettes on that deck or any other.

Alexandra, I did not say I had been in 650. I may have been, can't remember. I know I've been nearby. There's always noises on a ship, and Voyager is no exception, creaks, etc. in a heavy sea. But I've never felt the dreaded "vibration" in this area. Perhaps I misunderstood you, but sometimes I wish you could communicate in full sentences--makes it tough.

On Voyager I've been on 667 (UGH!, bad vibrations), 648 (ok, but could feel some minor vibration)and 716 (my favorite. Its towards the front, NO vibration and very private area).

I have been in 715 and 716 and both were perfect. Quiet and very handy to everything.

• 2 weeks later...

We spent a week in 658 before we disembarked the Voyager last week (Monday). Not bothered by vibration at all, however, throughout the voyage there was a persistent--mild but aggravating kerosene (fuel type) of smell that permeated the cabin and just prior to entry. We had a humidifier placed in our suite to help a tad. We won't be booking in this section of deck six again. Our fav suite location of the voyager is however a bit forward on deck six (any cabin forward of the aft elevators)--we love the location (gym on the same deck fwd) coffee corner one deck down.

We had this suite on Voyager April 16-23 Athens-Istanbul. In fact, we were down the hall from ColWes (see post above). It was a great location...central to everything...easy up and down to all facilities...close to elevators. It being a port side cabin, we were blessed that almost every day, we had great views from our balcony. We never noticed any vibration problems which have often been mentioned. But folks, if a ship has its engines on, there is going to be some vibration!!! We commented on a peculiar odor. We noticed a similar odor, but this was in the hallway between the atrium and the collection of suites where #650 resides. We never ever noticed any odor in our suite

Jay

Archived