Photobook - is it worth $129.95?

I am looking at the photo options for our upcoming Oasis cruise in 10 days!!! I like the idea of the photobook but was wondering...

1. Is it worth the money?

2. How many pictures can you actually add to the book?

Or should I just wait and see what pics we take before deciding on buying the photobook?

• 4 weeks later...

You can buy a pretty decent entry level digital compact camera for that money.

With this, you can take many hundreds of photographs.

If you believe you need them professionally taken, just upload your own photos to Photoshop and get any small child to perform some computer wizardry.

:rolleyes:

Oh, forgot to say - no, it not worth the money.

I would dare say it is NOT worth it at all!…What is worth it, is the CD package where all your pictures are on that the professional photographers took (not the cruise DVD), that way you can do as you please with them and have a hardcopy. A word to the wise do not pre order the CD, first take a look onboard if the pictures are nice than order the CD.

If you believe you need them professionally taken, just upload your own photos to Photoshop and get any small child to perform some computer wizardry.

:rolleyes:

My kids are good at photoshop, it's amazing!

Without knowing how many pics, sizes & such, it sounds like a LOT of money! Any drugstore chain or decent photo store can put together a book with photos of you AND what was important to you for a very reasonable price. I recently ordered a small book online for a birthday & it cost little more than a birthday card!

As far as I see it it's all about how valuble your time is.

We have used snapfish to produce fantastic hard cover books for about $50

http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/fe/photo-books

But, it takes time to put it all together.

Great if your into that sort of thing.

If not, then let the ship produce it for you.

Considering that almost all of my photos taken by the ship's photogs. look awful, I'd say it's NOT worth the money!

Exactly what i was going to say!

So unless your very photogenic save your money. All mine went right to the bucket!!:mad:

• 4 years later...

You should certainly look into creating your own photo book. Try a website like Adorama Pix -that's what I use- to make it online. Websites like that are really helpful, and even include articles on how to choose photos for your book, like this http://www.adoramapix.com/blog/2016/09/13/how-to-choose-photos-for-your-own-travel-photo-book/#.V9lBTpgrJEb

It's a great skill to have and will save you money in the long run!

Combining my pictures, the pictures from my pre-purchased ship CD and the stock photos of the ship contained on that CD I created my own photo book from our 2013 Oasis of the Seas cruise using Mixbook - but I have used Shutterfly in the past to create books too

https://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/travel/2013-cindy-birthday-cruise-7961875?vk=rPFWLzYX8M

Edited by ZimmCouple

Combining my pictures, the pictures from my pre-purchased ship CD and the stock photos of the ship contained on that CD I created my own photo book from our 2013 Oasis of the Seas cruise using Mixbook - but I have used Shutterfly in the past to create books too

https://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/travel/2013-cindy-birthday-cruise-7961875?vk=rPFWLzYX8M

I made a nice book with Shutterrfly. less than $20 with coupons

Looked at your book, great job

This is what we have been doing, we take tons of pictures (on our own and with the ship's photographers). We buy the CD from the ship. When we get home, we make two books, one of our trip using our own pictures, and one about the ship with the pictures from the ship' CD.

We use a site called ZNO, they produce professional quality photo books for a very fair price. They have templates to help you layout and edit photos.

We tried the ship's photo book once, and the quality cannot compare to ZNO. We did our wedding album with ZNO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting...remember when we always bought the photos? I have boxes of them. Since less people buy them these days, prices went up. And since we see now that people are discouraged from buying them....well, I can guess that is why specialty restaurants and drink packages are now more popular!😢

We have 8 people across 3 cabins. Will I be able to get all our pix on one CD? I could see them being snippy about that....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2285304&highlight=photo+cd

Curious why you think they would be snippy about this.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise