Port of Miami & Hotel with Free Two Way Shuttle

djcass4199

This is what we're looking into for our upcoming cruise on the Breeze. We have 1 group of 4 flying in, and the other 4 are driving. Does the Embassy Suites offer the free parking too?

Thanks!

Shawn

Yup! ;) ES near MIA airport also has cruise parking deals and is a favorite on these boards for that reason.

You should also check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles, cruise parking deals, and shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes.

Good luck! :)

Thanks John!

I think we're just familiar with Embassy Suites is all. They're pretty nice to stay at. As long as I can park my car, and the others can get a shuttle from the airport, all is well in the world! Oh yeah, and get to the boat too :-)

Thanks so much!

Shawn

Thanks John!

I think we're just familiar with Embassy Suites is all. They're pretty nice to stay at. As long as I can park my car, and the others can get a shuttle from the airport, all is well in the world! Oh yeah, and get to the boat too :-)

Thanks so much!

Shawn

Don't forget the free happy hour! :D

Thanks John!

Thanks so much!

Shawn

That MIA ES is one of our favorites. If you are an ES fan you will certainly enjoy this property. Really freindly staff, great breakfast, nice inhouse restaurant. The only drawback is there isn't much within walking distance, but we are only there for one night usually and just stay on campus which is great. $10pp shuttle to POM, or they will call you a cab. Have fun!

I've read about the Bennigan's on the property, but we'll have our car so we may drive around

Ewwwww gross. Stay away from that place.

If you MUST eat in the area and have a car drive a couple blocks south on LeJuene and try either Latin Cafe 2000 for Cuban food or usually boisterous Catch of the Day for fried seafood.

Ewwwww gross. Stay away from that place.

If you MUST eat in the area and have a car drive a couple blocks south on LeJuene and try either Latin Cafe 2000 for Cuban food or usually boisterous Catch of the Day for fried seafood.

A thousand times stay away from Bennigans. I try to keep a good 500 yards between me and it at any given time...blah!:rolleyes:

We were at Bennigan's in March 2012. There were 8 adults in our group. Everyone was OK with their meal. Mine was particularly envied. I had a HUGE chicken taco salad. It was spicy and great. The service is very slow though. We were a big group and very chatty about our cruise so didn't mind the slowness but I would have been very annoyed if it was just hubby and me though. Price was fair. You can check the menu online. We were there on a Saturday night it was pretty crowded. The convenience was a big plus.No car needed, just a three minute stroll.

Sorry, but a bit confused. Is the ES you are talking about the ES Miami Airport one? Never sailed out of Miami and a bit overwhelmed by choices. Does this one have airport to hotel and hotel to POM free shuttle? Thank you so much for any info.

Sorry, but a bit confused. Is the ES you are talking about the ES Miami Airport one? Never sailed out of Miami and a bit overwhelmed by choices. Does this one have airport to hotel and hotel to POM free shuttle? Thank you so much for any info.

Yes, Embassy Suites MIA airport. They do have free airport shuttles; shuttles to POM depend upon your package - usually free for one or two and others pay $10 each. Taxi from POM back to MIA airport after your cruise will cost $24+tip for the cab -- the ride takes about 15+ minutes.

Good luck! :)

Anyone know anything about a Days Inn on NW 36th? Says free cruise parking and shuttle to port...We are driving in, so need to park the car, the hotel is in Miami Springs. Thanks in advance.

Is Bennigan's really that bad? We don't have any up here that I'm aware of...so can anyone elaborate as to why we should stay away? I'm just curious.

Here's what happened: This Bennigan's was actually quite a local favorite, I have driven out of my way in the past to go here for Happy Hour. Bennigan's used to be a large American Chain. The main company went bankrupt and many locations closed throughout North America. The are restarting the chain, but the owner of this particular unit has not signed nor is honoring his franchise agreement with the new company as far as I know.

So this unit is no longer under the care/management of the new company and it shows.

The kitchen needs a massive update, the bathrooms are gross. And the owner is not generating enough money to invest in this unit.

Anyone know anything about a Days Inn on NW 36th? Says free cruise parking and shuttle to port...We are driving in, so need to park the car, the hotel is in Miami Springs. Thanks in advance.

Most parts of Miami Springs are considered safe. I would note however, that this hotel on a very busy thorough fare. Near a not so nice neighborhood. The county jail is also a very short drive away.

I can't speak for their security precautions, but personally I would hesitate at parking my own car here for a length of time.

Here's what happened: This Bennigan's was actually quite a local favorite, I have driven out of my way in the past to go here for Happy Hour. Bennigan's used to be a large American Chain. The main company went bankrupt and many locations closed throughout North America. The are restarting the chain, but the owner of this particular unit has not signed nor is honoring his franchise agreement with the new company as far as I know.

So this unit is no longer under the care/management of the new company and it shows.

The kitchen needs a massive update, the bathrooms are gross. And the owner is not generating enough money to invest in this unit.

It was closed for a substantial number of months after the chain went bankrupt. I understand that the new owner bought it cheap.

Thanks for the info...when you are not familiar with the are it is so hard to make decisions!! A few years ago I made a huge mistake going out of Miami..was afraid to even lie down on the bed!!!!:p

Oh WOW! Thanks for that info. Yeah, I'm thinking we probably won't eat there. That just doesn't sound like a place we'd like. We have the car, so I'm thinking we'll be going some place else. Thank you everyone!!:cool:

Does anyone know about the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Any info would be greatly helpful

Kind of in a desolate area, there isn't anything around there, and I don't find the area convenient. The neighborhood behind it is residential. The street in front is a major east-west artery. Its a great location if you need to be at the airport in 5 minutes.

We stayed here March 2012. There were 5 of us. While the area is not so good, the hotel and staff are terrific. Shuttles were well organized and prompt. There is a McDonalds nearby, a gas station on the corner for soda/alcohol. Breakfast was good. I would stay here again.

I should have stated in my previous post that we stayed at the Comfort Suites Airport North. Sorry about that!!!

Thanks for the info. Staying with 2 children so having a mcD's close is handy :cool:. I read conflicting reports about a pool, do they have one or not?

Hi! We just returned from our cruise and wanted to let y'all know about this place. We really enjoyed this hotel. We were only there for the night before the cruise but everything was perfect. We arrived late to MIA and called for their Free shuttle. It arrived within 10 minutes. The hotel is brand new and clean. Right next door is a gas station where you can buy drinks, etc... A block down was a McDonald's (where we ate) and a couple of other restaurants, all within easy walking distance. In the morning they had a nice continental breakfast....it was really busy in the lobby so we just carried our food up to the room where we had a nice sofa and table. We took the free shuttle to the pier which arrived at 11:30 am. If we wanted to take the shuttle back to either the hotel or the airport after the cruise it was $10 each.

This hotel made the beginning of our vacation very easy and relaxing. Just wanted to share. :)

I believe there was a sports bar type restaurant to the left as you walk from the hotel to the main street. Can't remember the name but the front desk people at the hotel were very helpful and probally know. Have fun!!!

Hi! We just returned from our cruise and wanted to let y'all know about this place. We really enjoyed this hotel. We were only there for the night before the cruise but everything was perfect. We arrived late to MIA and called for their Free shuttle. It arrived within 10 minutes. The hotel is brand new and clean. Right next door is a gas station where you can buy drinks, etc... A block down was a McDonald's (where we ate) and a couple of other restaurants, all within easy walking distance. In the morning they had a nice continental breakfast....it was really busy in the lobby so we just carried our food up to the room where we had a nice sofa and table. We took the free shuttle to the pier which arrived at 11:30 am. If we wanted to take the shuttle back to either the hotel or the airport after the cruise it was $10 each.

This hotel made the beginning of our vacation very easy and relaxing. Just wanted to share. :)

Was that the earliest shuttle to port? Did you have to sign up for it when you arrived?

Archived