Port of Miami & Hotel with Free Two Way Shuttle

djcass4199

You sign up for the shuttle when you check in. There were different shuttles for different ships. The 11:30 shuttle was for the Destiny and Millenium. I believe some of the earlier shuttles were for other ships. I would call and ask what time the shuttles are for different ships.

If we wanted to take the shuttle back to either the hotel or the airport after the cruise it was $10 each.

I noticed on the descriptions for one of their cruise packages that if you stay with them at the beginning and end of your cruise they'll drop you off and pick you up for free.

I don't need the package as we'd be flying down and not have a car. Emailed them asking if I just booked rooms on both ends if we could still get the free shuttle both ways. Haven't heard back. Need to call them, ask them about this, and then tell them I don't appreciate having my emails ignored.

Haven't heard back. Need to call them, ask them about this, and then tell them I don't appreciate having my emails ignored.

One of the reasons I cancelled my post-cruise reservation at this hotel 3 weeks ago....

After reading all the wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor I was excited to be staying at this brand new hotel. E-mailed them about 6 times with the same question (whether I could leave 2 bags in their storage while cruising). No answer...

The night before our cruise I called them to ask what time I could drop off the luggage. A VERY rude gentleman told me: "We don't do that type fo thing...". I insisted, that I was a booked guest, etc etc, but nooooo...

Just the way I was treated turned me off completely. I cancelled on the spot, called the Hampton Inn and they were happy to accommodate me and my bags. The concierge even gave us a couple of "on-the-go breakfast bags" the next morning, even we weren't registered guests yet. Now, THAT is service.

One of the reasons I cancelled my post-cruise reservation at this hotel 3 weeks ago....

I have this thing about places that put email (via form or link) as a contact method and then don't reply. Not asking for an immediate reply, but at least within a couple days.

Hampton Inn and they were happy to accommodate me and my bags. The concierge even gave us a couple of "on-the-go breakfast bags" the next morning, even we weren't registered guests yet. Now, THAT is service.

We're not going until January, so we have time and are definitely looking at our options. Priority going to anybody who has 2-way airport/port shuttles.

I heard there is a PeopleMover line to the airport now. Not sure how far the walk is from the port to the nearest stop though.

I believe there was a sports bar type restaurant to the left as you walk from the hotel to the main street.

That would have to be Tom's NFL. I haven't been there in 20 years, and it was 20 years old back then, anyplace that sticks around that long in this town has to be doing something right.

I heard there is a PeopleMover line to the airport now. Not sure how far the walk is from the port to the nearest stop though.
That would be Airport Link, the new extension of MetroRail (Miami's only rapid transit line). If its open (it was supposed to open late April) passengers will be able to board it at the Airport. It goes through some pretty nasty neighborhoods from MIA, last I heard they were considering making an 'express' train that would skip most of those stations and make its first stop at Government station in downtown Miami.

Walking to the Port of Miami is not recommended. You could in theory take the Airport Link to Gov't Center, transfer to the Metromover, and get off at Bayside station, and try to flag a cab down. This would cost $2.00 per passenger, and the cab ride from there would be under $10.00. But you would be adding significant time to the trip.

It goes nowhere near the hotel that is the topic of this thread.

Hi! We just returned from our cruise and wanted to let y'all know about this place. We really enjoyed this hotel. We were only there for the night before the cruise but everything was perfect. We arrived late to MIA and called for their Free shuttle. It arrived within 10 minutes. The hotel is brand new and clean. Right next door is a gas station where you can buy drinks, etc... A block down was a McDonald's (where we ate) and a couple of other restaurants, all within easy walking distance. In the morning they had a nice continental breakfast....it was really busy in the lobby so we just carried our food up to the room where we had a nice sofa and table. We took the free shuttle to the pier which arrived at 11:30 am. If we wanted to take the shuttle back to either the hotel or the airport after the cruise it was $10 each.

This hotel made the beginning of our vacation very easy and relaxing. Just wanted to share. :)

Thanks for the info. Is there anywhere close that we can purchase wine for our carry-on? I'm sure the convenient store has soda's, but not sure about the wine.

I've looked everywhere and there just isn't a two way shuttle!

We are staying at LaQuinta in October the night before we sail on Liberty. It's not a 5 star, but it's just a bed for the night and a place to park the car for the cruise week. We're planning on using their shuttle there and just taking a taxi back to the hotel to get the car.

Don't know what the La Quinta is charging you, but on park sleep fly dot com you can get a night at the Quality Inn for 99 bucks for 2 people, including shuttle to the port at 930am or 1230pm and up to 21 days of parking. The same package is available at the Hampton Inn for 119, with up to 10 days of parking.

I had stayed at one of the LQ's before a cruise a few years ago, and it was mediocre at best.

We bought some cheap wine from the store next door. It was CHEAP tasting as well. Can't remember the brand but it was one of the only brands they carried.

You were expecting they stock a bottle of 2007 Saxum in this neighborhood? That wouldn't sell very well.

But I hear Boone's Farm flies off the shelves though.

• 2 weeks later...
You sign up for the shuttle when you check in. There were different shuttles for different ships. The 11:30 shuttle was for the Destiny and Millenium. I believe some of the earlier shuttles were for other ships. I would call and ask what time the shuttles are for different ships.

Thanks. I've read a couple reviews that it was very noisy there (doors slamming, airplanes). Did you have trouble with noise?

Thanks for the info. Staying with 2 children so having a mcD's close is handy :cool:. I read conflicting reports about a pool, do they have one or not?

The conflicting reports probably has to do with the fact that the Comfort Suites North Miami airport on Minola Drive has a pool and the Comfort Inn and Suites on NW 36th St does not have a pool.

The same package is available at the Hampton Inn for 119, with up to 10 days of parking.

Can you please tell me which Hampton Inn you are talking about? We are heading there next February and not sure where to stay. I did look at one Hampton Inn. Am wondering if this is the same one? Have you stayed there? Pros/cons? Thanks.

Can you please tell me which Hampton Inn you are talking about? We are heading there next February and not sure where to stay. I did look at one Hampton Inn. Am wondering if this is the same one? Have you stayed there? Pros/cons? Thanks.

The Hampton Inn with a parking package most often mentioned on these boards is the one located in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA; the address is: 777 NW 57th Avenue - Miami, Florida 33126 ;)

Good luck! :)

https://secure.stay123.com/cruisehotels.php

Just scroll down to Miami Fl and put in your date....I believe the Hampton is on NW 79th Ave. The only problem is that the 2013 available is not in the system yet. I checked for our stay in January and nothing came up.

Hi! We just returned from our cruise and wanted to let y'all know about this place. We really enjoyed this hotel. We were only there for the night before the cruise but everything was perfect. We arrived late to MIA and called for their Free shuttle. It arrived within 10 minutes. The hotel is brand new and clean. Right next door is a gas station where you can buy drinks, etc... A block down was a McDonald's (where we ate) and a couple of other restaurants, all within easy walking distance. In the morning they had a nice continental breakfast....it was really busy in the lobby so we just carried our food up to the room where we had a nice sofa and table. We took the free shuttle to the pier which arrived at 11:30 am. If we wanted to take the shuttle back to either the hotel or the airport after the cruise it was $10 each.

This hotel made the beginning of our vacation very easy and relaxing. Just wanted to share. :)

Question?: Is there anyplace close by to purchase wine to carry onto the cruise? (and a good selection)/ Thanks so much for the quick review. It really helps.

https://secure.stay123.com/cruisehotels.php

Just scroll down to Miami Fl and put in your date....I believe the Hampton is on NW 79th Ave. The only problem is that the 2013 available is not in the system yet. I checked for our stay in January and nothing came up.

SNJ, I see we are both looking for the same thing,:) I see your posts on the rollcall for the Breeze. Looking for a precruise hotel for one night, arriving in the evening. Somewhat pickey:D, but its just one night. Need shuttle to POM as early as possible... Just me and my DH. Can't wait.

SNJ, I see we are both looking for the same thing,:) I see your posts on the rollcall for the Breeze. Looking for a precruise hotel for one night, arriving in the evening. Somewhat pickey:D, but its just one night. Need shuttle to POM as early as possible... Just me and my DH. Can't wait.

Flying in late and just want dinner and a clean room? :confused: Check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes. Have a good cruise! :)

Hey there, we will be going on our cruise in August. I have been looking at hotels for a little while, and I' m trying to decide where to stay the night before the cruise. There seem to be pros and cons to many places. The main thing I'm trying to figure out is where we could stay that would allow us to pick up some things before leaving on the cruise without having to rent a car or take a cab somewhere to do that. We will be staying a few days after the cruise, and I think that I have that piece of the puzzle decided. Any suggestions?

Hey there, we will be going on our cruise in August. I have been looking at hotels for a little while, and I' m trying to decide where to stay the night before the cruise. There seem to be pros and cons to many places. The main thing I'm trying to figure out is where we could stay that would allow us to pick up some things before leaving on the cruise without having to rent a car or take a cab somewhere to do that. We will be staying a few days after the cruise, and I think that I have that piece of the puzzle decided. Any suggestions?

Blue Lagoon area hotels are walking distance (directly across the street from the Hampton Inn) from a local strip mall with grocery, drug and liquor stores. :D Free airport shuttles, but you'll need to pay for a shuttle or cab to POM. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the advice John! The Hampton Blue Lagoon was one of the hotels that I was considering. It seemed to have really good reviews on trip advisor. There is a cruise package that includes a shuttle to the port. now I am considering what I want to do in Miami for the few days back in Miami. I have been to Biscayne national park before. I might go down to the everglades. I was also thinking about one of the tours to key west, but I'm not sure. Has anyone been there before? If so, do you think it is worth the whole day?

Archived