Soda Package vs a la carte

nostalgiaguru

I'm a soda junkie, usually with my meals and throughout the day. Princess package is $5.18 per day. How much are the sodas individually without the package? If I get the package, can I get my mug refilled most everywhere, like at the pizza stand?

I believe ordered soda comes in a can and is around $2. You can get your refill or a glass anywhere on the ship that serves drinks and in the MDR, buffet or the lounge. The staff will get it for you

I'm a soda junkie, usually with my meals and throughout the day. Princess package is $5.18 per day. How much are the sodas individually without the package? If I get the package, can I get my mug refilled most everywhere, like at the pizza stand?

I love my soda as well but found the fountain soda which came on the soda card less fizzy than I like so I prefer to buy the cans. You can get your mug refilled at all the bars, pizza stands, grills etc.

I agree with Sue...you will get a different taste depending on which bar you go to. On the Island last September, I had zero issues...every bar had a consistent mix, and wasn't bad. On the Caribbean, I really only had 2 places that I would get my soda card refilled from...the others were just a bit off. Syrup mix was off, fizz-factor was off...I'm strictly a Dt. Coke gal, so maybe it was just that and the other mixes were fine. The extra exercise I had to go through to walk to my favorite bar really helped, so no real complaints!

I agree with Sue...you will get a different taste depending on which bar you go to. On the Island last September, I had zero issues...every bar had a consistent mix, and wasn't bad. On the Caribbean, I really only had 2 places that I would get my soda card refilled from...the others were just a bit off. Syrup mix was off, fizz-factor was off...I'm strictly a Dt. Coke gal, so maybe it was just that and the other mixes were fine. The extra exercise I had to go through to walk to my favorite bar really helped, so no real complaints!

I agree it's hit or miss with the soda card but sometimes you just can't carry your own on board. I think a can of coke is somewhere around $3.00 + tip. I do the soda card.

The last two cruises I have gotten the soda plus card and it is well worth it!! included all moctails (even those not listed onbar menu), hot chocolate, all milk shakes any time any where except room service. Very good buy.
This would be the "Ultimate" card, not the soda card. The soda card is really a sticker that goes on your cruise card and is good only for bar-dispensed soda. The Ultimate card includes not just soda but the other drinks you mention. I think the Ultimate card is $8/day plus 15% gratuity. With either, you can ask for a soda pretty much anywhere on the ship: lounges, bars, buffet, anywhere on Lido deck, International Cafe/Patisserie, dining rooms and restaurants.

I figured it out once for my husband, that one would need to drink 3+ sodas per day to come out ahead.

You purchase the soda sticker which goes on your room key/charge card at any bar. You don't need to carry around a cup. It will be based on your cruise length, so 7 day X $5.18 per day(this might include the 15%?) (this is soda fountain soda)

The pay as you go option is around $2.00+ 15% every time for cans of soda.

We got the soda card and didn't carry around the mug for the first few days. We started carrying it when we realized that all we could get from most places was a small cocktail glass of more ice than soda unless we were up at the pools where they have the plastic cups. Taste was never a problem though, It was fine from every venue we got soda from. Definitely a good buy for us as we drink LOTS of diet coke.

Yeah, and if do get the soda sticker, don't bother carrying the "mug" around. Just ask for a large soda... much easier!! :)

I agrre! I never use the "mug" they provide. Too small. I usually request a large soda and have never had a problem.

No dumb questions here...tea, coffee and plain water free. Obviously there is a wine list, and beer etc. also available for purchase. If you just want water plain water..you will be offered mineral water but that comes at a cost..

If you purchase a bottle of wine at dinner and do not drink it all..they will put it away for you and bring it out at your next meal.

At breakfast both in the self serve buffet and the dining room there will be fruit juice also available without cost. In the buffet on some ships there is also iced tea available free of charge as well as tea, all kinds of speciality teas, coffee (dubious quality) and hot chocolate.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sue

No dumb questions here...tea, coffee and plain water free. Obviously there is a wine list, and beer etc. also available for purchase. If you just want water plain water..you will be offered mineral water but that comes at a cost..

At breakfast both in the self serve buffet and the dining room there will be fruit juice also available without cost. In the buffet on some ships there is also iced tea available free of charge as well as tea, all kinds of speciality teas, coffee (dubious quality) and hot chocolate.

Also:

Milk at all meals and at the buffet and the International Cafe.

Lemonade at the buffet from lunchtime on.

The beauty of the soda sticker is the convenience. You never have to finish a soda if it goes flat or gets warm, and you never have to carry a soda from one place to another. I drink club soda all day long at home and on a cruise, and the soda sticker is the first thing I purchase each cruise. DH has upgraded his tastes to the UKP sticker, and drinks virgin pina coladas and chococobananas all day long (not to mention milk shakes). He can afford the calories; I can't.

Archived