Spirit 15 Days~Hawaii: A Review

halos

One thing we really didn't do on this trip was have beach time. I think we all felt that there was too much to see since if was our first time in Hawaii. We did stand on one tiny beach on the last day just to say we had our feet in the sand.

If I go back to Hawaii again, I will make one day a beach day for sure

IMG_1328afterhelicopteronbeach.jpg

Edited by halos

Our fabulous table at the Luau...this will wrap it up unless some other random thoughts pop into my head that I feel need mentioning.

Thanks for reading!! :D

IMG_1029Ourtableattheluau-1.jpg

Edited by halos

I'd love to hear your thoughts comparing the two lines!

Like every line, you hear mixed reviews. I know some people that love Princess...however, I literally (on the whale watch boat) talked the the videographer from the Golden Princess who happend to be on the whale watch with us. I asked him straight out how old the passengers were and he said 70 minimum.

LOL.....

Then again, he was approx 24, so anyone over 40 probably looks 70 to him. :p

We just cruised on Carnival for the first time this past February. We were on the Miracle and it was one of our favorite cruises...we liked it so much that we booked the same itin on the Breeze for this upcoming February.

Great review Angel,

I was originally booked on this trip, but moved over to the B2B repo to Australia for 29 days. Thankfully, I have lots of stuff to keep myself entertained, so hopefully, the lack of cruise ship entertainment won't affect me.

This will be my 5th and 6th cruise on the Spirit, and although I have only been on the Splendor and Elation, I do love the Spirit the best.

I'm looking forward to the new Serenity area. It sounds wonderful.

Your pics have really made me excited to be boarding soon...for once, I will be able to take the train up to Vancouver and I bought more miles to upgrade to business class home from Sydney. Now, I just have to worry about overpacking, since no airline baggage fees this time..LOL!

Thanks for the great review and pictures.

Debbie

Thank you for taking the time to do the reveiw and photos. Enjoyed it thoroughly

The Sprit class is my favorite clas of ship and Hawaii is my favorite destination .........SO FAR:D

Really nice review and loved your pics. This cruise is on our bucket list. While I just found your review hand read it in one sitting, I have a question. How rough were the seas?

Really nice review and loved your pics. This cruise is on our bucket list. While I just found your review hand read it in one sitting, I have a question. How rough were the seas?

I was on this sailing with halos.

I didn't find the ocean uncomfortable other than the first day...but that was most likely down to jetlag, lack of sleep etc.

On the way back we were pushed for time to make the stop at Ensenada so the ship was full steam ahead, and that meant it was less calm than we'd have otherwise experienced.

Overall, though, not bad at all, but that's just my opinion.

I was on this sailing with halos.

I didn't find the ocean uncomfortable other than the first day...but that was most likely down to jetlag, lack of sleep etc.

On the way back we were pushed for time to make the stop at Ensenada so the ship was full steam ahead, and that meant it was less calm than we'd have otherwise experienced.

Overall, though, not bad at all, but that's just my opinion.

I agree with my sister :) that it wasn't the worst as far as rough seas go...but unlike her, I do get motion sickness so I was popping Bonine on two days...the first say when it was 'bouncy' and when we were full speed ahead making up time.

The Bonine woked great (as always)

They did have barf bags out for a good portion of the sailing. :eek:

Thanks to you both. Based on one of your pics, I see they had the roof over the pool closed, must have been a little cool to do that.

I believe it was open for only one day..the rest of the time it was closed.

The weather was very cool and that roof was a blessing. On many days certain decks were just blocked off...the wind was absolutely horrendous.

Edited by halos

Wow am I late; 10 pages later....

Great review, Angel !!! Loved the detail, loved the pictures, loved the honesty - everything! :)

Question: I know you indicated that you did not go to Ensenada after all. How did they manage to get around the foreign port requirement?