Summit AQ, CC, or 8146 balcony?

OceanCruise

Please help me decide! We are Elite and are booking a B2B and trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade our veranda cabin 8146 (a search shows that room has a larger balcony) to CC or AQ. We were in AQ on the Silhouette and absolutely loved it (we did not use Persian Garden). However, I really do not like the locations (especially potential for noise, smoke) of the AQ cabins on the Summit which is why I am hesitating. Normally I would never, ever book those locations. I did a search but am looking for more feedback on the AQ rooms on the Summit. The "good" CC rooms are even costlier than AQ for the 2 cruises. Also, for the $400-700 we would save by booking a balcony room for the 2 weeks, we could buy a lot of dinners in the specialty restaurants or breakfasts in Bistro on 5 (or go to Elite breakfast). Did Celebrity upgrade the linens and showers/bathrooms in the refurbished veranda rooms? What kind of balcony furniture is there?

• 2 months later...

This post lists some of the "better" cabins on Summit. Keep in mind that some of these are now AQ cabins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30143590&postcount=4

Here are some photos from LSimon of the aft CC cabins that are highly sought after....

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Aft-Cabin-View-Celebrity/2513636_Hh9Hbd#!i=132359580&k=6DX45

Please help me decide! We are Elite and are booking a B2B and trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade our veranda cabin 8146 (a search shows that room has a larger balcony) to CC or AQ. We were in AQ on the Silhouette and absolutely loved it (we did not use Persian Garden). However, I really do not like the locations (especially potential for noise, smoke) of the AQ cabins on the Summit which is why I am hesitating. Normally I would never, ever book those locations. I did a search but am looking for more feedback on the AQ rooms on the Summit. The "good" CC rooms are even costlier than AQ for the 2 cruises. Also, for the $400-700 we would save by booking a balcony room for the 2 weeks, we could buy a lot of dinners in the specialty restaurants or breakfasts in Bistro on 5 (or go to Elite breakfast). Did Celebrity upgrade the linens and showers/bathrooms in the refurbished veranda rooms? What kind of balcony furniture is there?

For me, the reason to book AQ would be Blu, which we love. Just came off of AQ on the Infinity, and I would guess the rooms are in the same location. We had no noise problems, I think we were under the Solarium.

Since you are Elite, you do not really need the credits. And the Aqua class cabins on deck 9 are not, imo, worth the extra money unless you really want to dine in Blu. The new Aqua class cabins on deck 11 are nice, but not sure if they are 400 - 700 dollars nicer. If it were me, I would stay with 8146. I have stayed in this cabin twice, and it has a really nice balcony. Enjoy, whatever you decide.

Anne

Since you are Elite, you do not really need the credits. And the Aqua class cabins on deck 9 are not, imo, worth the extra money unless you really want to dine in Blu. The new Aqua class cabins on deck 11 are nice, but not sure if they are 400 - 700 dollars nicer. If it were me, I would stay with 8146. I have stayed in this cabin twice, and it has a really nice balcony. Enjoy, whatever you decide.

Anne

Of course the potential problem with any cabin chosen for it's specific balcony is that you have neighbors who may or may not be courteous, quiet and rule following.....it's a risk with any balcony cabin...or any cabin for that matter.

I would select Aqua....for Blu which is worth some (you define some for yourself) extra money. You can control the noise risk, at least from the ship by not selecting a room under a dining area or any part of the gym.

I am off the Summit today. I had 8045, the C2 with a larger triangular balcony. Room looked to have new carpets and linens post-refurb. Room was quiet despite crew areas opposite.

I was worried about MDR food and was considering AQ because of the lighter food in Blu. I am a picky eater and as I don't eat much, so what I do eat has to be worth it. I was very impressed at the food served in the MDR this trip over last year. The MDR had lots of light "clean" entrees, and plenty of fish. When the appetisers were heavy I relied on the everyday shrimp cocktail.

I was very impressed.

Of course the potential problem with any cabin chosen for it's specific balcony is that you have neighbors who may or may not be courteous, quiet and rule following.....it's a risk with any balcony cabin...or any cabin for that matter.

I would select Aqua....for Blu which is worth some (you define some for yourself) extra money. You can control the noise risk, at least from the ship by not selecting a room under a dining area or any part of the gym.

Agreed, but that is just something one has no control over. There are probably a few loud, obnoxious people on most sailings. You just have to hope they are not next to you. ;)

Anne

I also think the deciding factor would be whether the extra $$ makes it worth it to be able to dine in Blu. Have only eaten there for breakfast (being in a Sky Suite), but it looks very nice. But to me, the extra money would make me want to stay in 8146 and use the money for splurges like specialty restaurants or spa treatments or a nicer shore excursion. I think you said you were on an M class, so you would also get more cabin room in a CC or AQ, but with two people does that really matter all that much? It all depends what matters most to you when all is said and done.

Wondering how much noise from the service doors across from 8145 will affect our cabin. Is anyone familiar? Liked the idea it was close to the AFT elevators. Was on the Silhouette in February and surprised there were no elevators aft.

• 1 year later...

Anne

Hi Anne,:) I know this thread is from last year but I was using the

search feature and your post is here:D...I just changed my window

cabin to this cabin for nothing:D.....they are having a Sr discount

on this category for my sailing and it was the same price as I paid for

the window so I upgraded to the balcony for free:)....sweet!

Hi Anne,:) I know this thread is from last year but I was using the

search feature and your post is here:D...I just changed my window

cabin to this cabin for nothing:D.....they are having a Sr discount

on this category for my sailing and it was the same price as I paid for

the window so I upgraded to the balcony for free:)....sweet!

Hi Lois,

This is the single thing I like about being older. :rolleyes: Sounds like a great deal to me. I know you are going to have a great time on this cruise and I suspect you will love Bermuda.

I will not be cruising again for sometime. Hubby just returned from a week in the hospital and I do not want to be away from him and I do not want him to be too far from his cardiologist. We both new things would go downhill eventually, just hoped not this soon. Take care.

Anne

Hi Lois,

This is the single thing I like about being older. :rolleyes: Sounds like a great deal to me. I know you are going to have a great time on this cruise and I suspect you will love Bermuda.

I will not be cruising again for sometime. Hubby just returned from a week in the hospital and I do not want to be away from him and I do not want him to be too far from his cardiologist. We both new things would go downhill eventually, just hoped not this soon. Take care.

Anne

Hi Anne, oh I am sorry:( and please send him my best wishes!

Maybe things will get better sooner than you think.....I know how

much you love to cruise:)

Hi Anne, oh I am sorry:( and please send him my best wishes!

Maybe things will get better sooner than you think.....I know how

much you love to cruise:)

Hi Lois,

Thanks so much for the wishes. I do love cruising and will miss it, but he is my life. Have something yummy to drink at the martini bar for us!!

Anne

Wondering how much noise from the service doors across from 8145 will affect our cabin. Is anyone familiar? Liked the idea it was close to the AFT elevators. Was on the Silhouette in February and surprised there were no elevators aft.

We had 8134 (other side) and other than having the room steward cart parked outside our door most the strip, we did not have any noise. At least the cart marked where our room was. We loved the location.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Lois,

Thanks so much for the wishes. I do love cruising and will miss it, but he is my life. Have something yummy to drink at the martini bar for us!!

Anne

Hi Anne:).....I moved again:eek::);)..LOL CC cabins for the same price

as what I moved to....so now I am in 8045...sailing one week from

today:D

Hope hubby is doing ok.

Archived