Drug bust on celebrity summit

WOW! Have you seen the CC news story? That is one stupid smuggler. It gives an interesting perspective to WHY Captains have such zero tolerance on anything that smacks of a drug issue. An example that we have seen quite a bit of on the RCCL board lately. ;) That lady won't be seeing the beautiful blue waters of the Caribbean for quite some time.

I saw that and still cannot believe it. People are crazy!!!

Who would want to ruin a wonderful cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit by getting themselves arrested by smuggling drugs? Where they really that stupid or naive that they thought they could get away with it?

Actually it's sad they got all those drugs onto the ship in the first place.

I saw that and still cannot believe it. People are crazy!!!

Who would want to ruin a wonderful cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit by getting themselves arrested by smuggling drugs? Where they really that stupid or naive that they thought they could get away with it?

Actually it's sad they got all those drugs onto the ship in the first place.

Exactly what a freakin idiot. :rolleyes:

On a side note I could think of worse places to be incarcerated than Bermuda.

On a side note I could think of worse places to be incarcerated than Bermuda.

Yes, there are worse places, like Pakistan, Iraq, Somalia, Columbia, etc. but you still are a US citizen in a being detained in a foreign country. Not good if you ask me.

Wow, 3 kilos of cocaine is a lot of drugs. I was thinking it was going to be another bag a personal weed bust which is hardly news at all.

Which if it was would still rightfully be a zero tolerence situation with the cruise line. Small amount or not, it is still illegal - but not likely as newsworthy as you said.

We were on this cruie. We saw the police and drug dogs on the dock but thought they were just checking. As we were disembarking another passenger said she was sure someone had been arrested. Guess she was right. Two people were also taken off the ship and put in ambulances when we arrived in Bermuda. I don' think the events were related.

Wow, 3 kilos of cocaine is a lot of drugs. I was thinking it was going to be another bag a personal weed bust which is hardly news at all.

What's a kilo compared to an ounce? Can one person injest this much or was it intended for sale?

What's a kilo compared to an ounce? Can one person injest this much or was it intended for sale?

It would be easier to compare a kilo to a pound. 3 kilos equals 6.6 pounds so, yes, I would say that distribution and sales was a given.

It sounds like the authorities were tipped off

I would have never thouught of this happening on Celebrity..... It shows shows stupidity is on all cruiselines

article headline is "Drug Bust on Cruise Ship Nets Two Passengers and Crewmember"

If that was the net result, what was the gross... an officer, two showgirls, three passengers and a steward? :rolleyes:

Archived