NCL Owner's Suite Perks

waltero61

Here is what you will get from NCL several weeks before the cruise.

Good Afternoon ****** Mr. and Mrs. XXXXXX,

Below are some of the complimentary amenities that will be made available to you, our valued Haven & Suites guests. We have several options and it would be my pleasure to assist you with pre arranging everything for your upcoming sailing onboard the Norwegian Star on May 27th, 2012. Please select your preferences from the menu below.

I'm just wondering how long before the cruise should one expect this email?

Hello.

I just booked a Haven Owner's Suite with large balcony (S3), on NCL's Gem for a 9-day Caribbean cruise in April of 2013.

This is my very 1st cruise, in addition to my 25th wedding anniversary, and I thought that me and the wife deserved to be pampered a little bit.

We got a suite on the 10th deck forward.

Any input as to what type of perks we can expert would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Walter,

Not sure which suite you have, but I have plenty of pics of 10004 on the Gem. You'll love having all that room, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, Cagney's breakfast or lunch (in suite or not), the Bose sound system, a great bed, and on and on. We prefer forward and have not gotten seasick on any of our cruises. The only time I did get a little queasy was in an aft. I always bring the Bonine with us, but we haven't used it. They also sell wristbands if you prefer not taking the pills.

A great way to spend your 25th, and you and your wife will love the OS!l There are quite a few Gem albums, but they're all marked. http://community.webshots.com/user/angeljt

Jackie

You may want to see if the AARP1 promotion applies to your sailing. It gives you 10% discount. See http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/aarp10. You may need to cancel your existing reservation and rebook it to get this promotion.

Also, I think the AMEX promo is still going on. If you pay with an amex card in full you'd get an additional 300 dollars OBC.

Also, I think the AMEX promo is still going on. If you pay with an amex card in full you'd get an additional 300 dollars OBC.

You can use future cruise credit along with Amex to pay for the cruise. Also the payments using Amex can be spread out over time (you don't have to pay the whole cruise off at booking).

One thing that is interesting is what perk is NOT included in an owners sute, access to the spa. I just find it strange that everything is included except that. A spa suite costs 1/3 of the price and they get access to the spa. They dont have to include treatments but it would be nice to include that instead of making owners suites to pay $199 for access.

I love finding those ironic things. For example, the owners suite charges for spa access but you can have a can of soda (free) included in the price. Other suites pay $2.50 for a can of soda and spa suite gets access to the spa (199 value) included in the price.

One thing that is interesting is what perk is NOT included in an owners sute, access to the spa. I just find it strange that everything is included except that. A spa suite costs 1/3 of the price and they get access to the spa. They dont have to include treatments but it would be nice to include that instead of making owners suites to pay $199 for access.

I love finding those ironic things. For example, the owners suite charges for spa access but you can have a can of soda (free) included in the price. Other suites pay $2.50 for a can of soda and spa suite gets access to the spa (199 value) included in the price.

That would be heavenly!

Probably done more to control the capacity than anything else.

Walter,

Not sure which suite you have, but I have plenty of pics of 10004 on the Gem. You'll love having all that room, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, Cagney's breakfast or lunch (in suite or not), the Bose sound system, a great bed, and on and on. We prefer forward and have not gotten seasick on any of our cruises. The only time I did get a little queasy was in an aft. I always bring the Bonine with us, but we haven't used it. They also sell wristbands if you prefer not taking the pills.

A great way to spend your 25th, and you and your wife will love the OS!l There are quite a few Gem albums, but they're all marked. http://community.webshots.com/user/angeljt

Jackie

Hey, Jackie.

Our OS is level 10, forward, the corner unit. Don't have the # with me right now. It looks like it has 2 balconies.

The king bed is definately a major plus because I'm 6'4". :)

Two baths are nice, especially when you're there for 9 days.

Everyone seems to mention Cagney's as one of the biggest perks. Can't wait to try the food there.

Thanks for the links to the pics, I'm going to check them out for sure.

Walter,

You're welcome… It's either 10004 or 10504. They're both the same set up, just mirror image with different colors and decorations.

The bed was great! Very comfy, and plenty big.

Cagney's is a great perk. Your butler will also bring you breakfast in the suite if you want. You can order from Cagney's. I loved the filet & eggs for breakfast. Giant shrimp cocktail at lunch… It's more fun eating there, but nice to have breakfast in the suite a few times.

Jackie

Master bath...

2850006620051977359S500x500Q85.jpg

2416949930051977359S500x500Q85.jpg

Forward view leaving NY

2825906380051977359S500x500Q85.jpg

Walter,

You're welcome… It's either 10004 or 10504. They're both the same set up, just mirror image with different colors and decorations.

The bed was great! Very comfy, and plenty big.

Cagney's is a great perk. Your butler will also bring you breakfast in the suite if you want. You can order from Cagney's. I loved the filet & eggs for breakfast. Giant shrimp cocktail at lunch… It's more fun eating there, but nice to have breakfast in the suite a few times.

Jackie

I already looked at some of the pics on the links you posted. Thanks for putting in the effort. It looks nicer than my bedroom at home. LOL.

My room is 10504, BTW.

Interesting what the folks are saying about spa access not being included in the price. Seems kind of odd. Maybe they have some type of spa set-up in the Haven?

It's not important to me...just wondering.

Looking forward to the crabcakes and eggs for breakfast. Sounds yummy. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Which ship is your DOS on? Anyhow....my very 1st cruise was in a 2 bedroom family suite on the Pearl (Alaska) and we quickly realized we cannot give up such perks and our 2nd cruise is booked on a DOS for fall of 2013 on the Dawn.

There are many perks that are not even recorded...(as I had done all my pre-leg work to see what to expect)

For example: we received lovely invitations to special events:

*a Captain's reception in the Haven (our family suite did not include access...so that was a nice treat) and everyone takes pics w/the captain!

*an invitation to tour the bridge

*an invitation to pre-view the famous Chocolate Buffet and take pictures BEFORE it becomes a "free for all"

From what I have been reading, it seems our DOS will also include priority seating for the shows. (didn't get that w/2bdrm fam suite)

And YES, I am one of those that really enjoyed Cagneys....the food was good, the menu somewhat limited...but it was the peaceful, uncrowded atmosphere that was priceless. We started our day with a 1st class breakfast and felt pampered and content. My favorite was the eggs Benedict on crab cakes!

The Haven on the Pearl was smaller than I had expected and they did not have any spa services that I knew of. It was a sanctuary for a calm, private escape with a book or a refreshment....not much more. They did have a couple exercise machines off to the back and of course the "endless" pool to do laps in. Not sure if I would pay a premium over non-haven suites "just" for haven access as you can always eek out a solitary space somewhere else on the boat or on your own deck!

Happy Sailing!

Diane

Which ship is your DOS on? Anyhow....my very 1st cruise was in a 2 bedroom family suite on the Pearl (Alaska) and we quickly realized we cannot give up such perks and our 2nd cruise is booked on a DOS for fall of 2013 on the Dawn.

There are many perks that are not even recorded...(as I had done all my pre-leg work to see what to expect)

For example: we received lovely invitations to special events:

*a Captain's reception in the Haven (our family suite did not include access...so that was a nice treat) and everyone takes pics w/the captain!

*an invitation to tour the bridge

*an invitation to pre-view the famous Chocolate Buffet and take pictures BEFORE it becomes a "free for all"

From what I have been reading, it seems our DOS will also include priority seating for the shows. (didn't get that w/2bdrm fam suite)

And YES, I am one of those that really enjoyed Cagneys....the food was good, the menu somewhat limited...but it was the peaceful, uncrowded atmosphere that was priceless. We started our day with a 1st class breakfast and felt pampered and content. My favorite was the eggs Benedict on crab cakes!

The Haven on the Pearl was smaller than I had expected and they did not have any spa services that I knew of. It was a sanctuary for a calm, private escape with a book or a refreshment....not much more. They did have a couple exercise machines off to the back and of course the "endless" pool to do laps in. Not sure if I would pay a premium over non-haven suites "just" for haven access as you can always eek out a solitary space somewhere else on the boat or on your own deck!

Happy Sailing!

Diane

Hey, Diane. We'll be on the Gem.

I heard through the grapevine about those little "extras" that you mentioned.

As for Priority show seating, I heard that they keep a special section off to the side for us. They aren't the best seats in the house, but you can arrive just before the show and have good seats.

Cagney's sounds like a major plus to me. You're right, starting out the day in a smaller less crowded place is worth it's weight. Then again, you can always have the meal brought to your cabin.

As for the Haven, I'm going on a cruise to relax, so any type of quiet space will be very much appreciated.

Doing the whole Haven-thing is kind of like having your own private yacht. Since I won't be buying one anytime soon, this is the next best thing.

"Doing the whole Haven-thing is kind of like having your own private yacht. Since I won't be buying one anytime soon, this is the next best thing."

Well there you go! Wishing you blue skies and calm breezes! Enjoy!

Diane : )

• 3 weeks later...
Just review all the information. I thought the DOS on the Gem show a view of the Sea from your bed not just the Balcony?

The pictures in Post #62 are of an Owners Suite, not a Deluxe Owner's Suite. These are two different types of suites. You will see the difference as you compare those pictures and the ones Lady Shiva provided.

Does anyone have any photos of The Haven Owner's Suite 10504 on the Jewel? Just curious what the decor colors will be.

There's an email button link in my signature if you'd rather email them.

Thanks.

The best perk for owner's suites is the use of Cagney's restaurant, especially on port days or debarkation day when everyone is upstairs at the same time. We found a butler useless, concierge useless. I booked our shore excursions before we left. All the butler did was bring us DVDs and afternoon snacks that (mostly) we could have gotten elsewhere. The room was gorgeous and vast. But it was way up front and very high, and we had the worst night at sea ever, so it was very bouncy. (That night another ship had a wave crash through a lounge window and kill someone.) There was free liquor and soft drinks, but all my husband wanted was beer, and he could not get that. I don't know we were "pampered" perse. It was a great room on a great cruise, and we loved Cagney's. But I would never pay full price for it. We got a deal wherein for $800 total, we got upgraded from mini-suite to Owner's Suite on a 16 day cruise.

Do you remember what price "PER PERSON" was for your mini (yes I know there are taxes as well) Also, do you remember what the 'normal' price per person was for the OS ? I'm trying to calculate what percentage they discount upsells. I know that it's X percent off of the 'now' price, then subtract what you already paid. Thanks in advance !

francina, here's a video of a DOS on the Gem:

Love this video that's the cabin we have in May.

Now about AMX 500.00 credit. We went with this when we booked. It was that OR the strawberries, more wine, 2 dinners at a spec. rest. (total came to around 200.). NCL doesn't combine any promos according to our TA. Also we were charged 1,500.00 for our deposit. Thought this was very high because are use to 100.00 deposits on Princess. But less we need in Jan. for final payment:).

Thanks a million all you CC'ers this site is the best and has helped more times than I can name.

Laura

Archived