Does Bermuda have amusement parks, waterparks, movie theaters, malls?

msrojacks

Im going to Bemuda on RC in September and will be docked there for 3 days. I can't seem to find online info on if Bermuda has any amuesment parks or waterparks.

I was contemplating maybe catching a movie while there since its vacation. I never get to see any.

Also, as far as shopping, do they any traditional malls? Like non tourist places? I may get a head start on my christmas shopping, and it would be nice to just do some shopping at a Macy's or a Target.

I've been to Bermuda before on Cruises that dock there for a few hours, so I seen a dew of the sights. Being there for 3 days, I would like to do some non tourist things.

There is one mall downtown Hamilton called the Washington Mall, but there are also alot of stores along REID and FRONT Street, there are no Macys Target or Walmarts... Bermuda has limited stores that are American Chains, the rest of them are Bermudian owned..

No Amusement Parks, No Waterparks, but the prettiest Pink Sand Beaches.... like Horseshoe Bay.... as said above... Just enjoy the beauty of Bermuda......

Im going to Bemuda on RC in September and will be docked there for 3 days. I can't seem to find online info on if Bermuda has any amuesment parks or waterparks.

I was contemplating maybe catching a movie while there since its vacation. I never get to see any.

Also, as far as shopping, do they any traditional malls? Like non tourist places? I may get a head start on my christmas shopping, and it would be nice to just do some shopping at a Macy's or a Target.

I've been to Bermuda before on Cruises that dock there for a few hours, so I seen a dew of the sights. Being there for 3 days, I would like to do some non tourist things.

You sure you been here? Macy's and Target LOL. Bermuda is an island out in the Atlantic Ocean population 55,000. No Macy's or Target or that type. There are plenty of shops and I am sure you could do some Christmas shopping at those. There are shops at the Dockyard. You could probably call that a small mall. And there is a small mall in Hamilton. No Disney World. Don't really need a waterpark as the whole place is a water park......

There is a movie theater at the Dockyard.

Where do the locals shop then?

At the local shops...

There are many stores. Lot of upscale stores with nice merchandise. Just not at the size of Macy's. Again population 55,000. And 1000 miles from New York City! With nothing but ocean in between.

There was a somewhat large "department" store in Hamilton but it went bankrupt.

Also you'll find no McDonald's, no Dunkin Donuts, no Starbucks, no Burger King, no Pizza Hut or any of the "American" chains. I do understand that the island has a KFC that was opened many, many years ago.

Charles4515 do you know if KFC is still in operation in Bermuda?

Also you'll find no McDonald's, no Dunkin Donuts, no Starbucks, no Burger King, no Pizza Hut or any of the "American" chains. I do understand that the island has a KFC that was opened many, many years ago.

Charles4515 do you know if KFC is still in operation in Bermuda?

Still there and the cause of a little incident recently.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20120503/NEWS11/705029913

We didn't see a KFC (not that we were looking) last year, and we went pretty much everywhere. What we did see was lovely, and distinctly non-American (except at the Dockyard, which seemed like a Disney version of Bermuda. I also think the OP may be in for a little sticker shock at the prices for things in the stores in Hamilton.

We didn't see a KFC (not that we were looking) last year, and we went pretty much everywhere. What we did see was lovely, and distinctly non-American (except at the Dockyard, which seemed like a Disney version of Bermuda. I also think the OP may be in for a little sticker shock at the prices for things in the stores in Hamilton.

The bus/ferries passes are a real bargain at $10 per day or $28 for 3 days, good on all public buses and ferries as often as you can.

I wanted some of the cloth bags some were carrying on the buses, asked the nice lady in the terminal where I could, she directed us and went in and walked through the supermarket and found the prices, for the most part, not that bad. No 13% sales tax on non-food items like we have. Yes, breat is $6.99 a load and 6 bagels in a bag $5.99 but the items like Tide were about the same as ours when not on sale and did not have the onerous 13% sales tax like we have in Ontario, Canada. Cold pop in bottles was about $1.75, cheaper than cafes and such and water only 99 cents per bottle.

The bags were only $1.19 each (no tax of course) and are great. I bought 4 as we have to bring bags to supermarkets or pay for them plus the 13% tax. They are well made, sturdy and nice.

Transportation passes are $12 for one day, $20 for 2 days, $28 for 3 days.

It's rather unlikely passengers on cruise ships will be shopping for items like bread, bagels and laundry detergent. The OP was asking about department stores like Macy's and Target.

Where do the locals shop? Overseas :D Many pilgrimages take place to the East Coast of the US, especially around public holidays when we can go for a quick weekend. You leave with a carry on and return with a brand new suitcase (or two) that's filled to the brim with your purchases.

I find this post to be hilarious and I only hope the the OP is being "funny". Let me see I am going to get on a ship and cruise hundreds of miles to a foreign country so that I can spend my time inside at a movie theater or inside a Macy's or a Target??? Perhaps you should consider a road trip to Florida instead. I am sure you can find all your needs there and save a whole lot of money.

Where do the locals shop? Overseas :D Many pilgrimages take place to the East Coast of the US, especially around public holidays when we can go for a quick weekend. You leave with a carry on and return with a brand new suitcase (or two) that's filled to the brim with your purchases.

And then pay 25% IMPORT DUTY on those items!!! But yes you are correct

Maybe you should "cruise" to the Mall of America!

Do many people in Bermuda shop online? Or do the shipping costs make that option unattractive?

Do many people in Bermuda shop online? Or do the shipping costs make that option unattractive?

Bermudian was buying something online and the shipping was as much as the item. Won't tell who helped him and how.;):)

Bermudian was buying something online and the shipping was as much as the item. Won't tell who helped him and how.;):)

I know nusssssssing! :D

I figured shipping costs would be high, but when the shipping costs as much as the item, you do have to re-think a purchase.

Hi msrojacks,

We just got back from Bermuda on the Explorer Of The Seas last week.

Just wanted to let you know that even though the island has a lot of historic places to visit , beautiful beaches and great restaurants, they lack malls, ammusement parks, and fast food restaurants. There are no McDonald's or Wendy's etc.

Hamilton would be your best place to store shop. I really liked this side of the island better for shopping. There are plenty of stores to shop, the only place that has a real fast food,( the one and only,) a Kentucky's Fried chicken. There are no major department stores like we have in the states. At the Royal Dock yard, where the ships dock, the clock tower has small gift shops with the same things you would find at any other island, with T-shirts, and local crafts. Very expensive also..

Be prepare to dish out a lot of money, everything there is imported, there for is very expensive to shop,or go to restaurants any were in the island.

Archived