CanNOT believe I missed the transfer deadline!

I'm smacking myself in the head since I just realized that I missed my last day to transfer my future booking to a TA for OBC. I have never done this before! :mad:

We actually have 3 cabins booked for a family cruise, but mine was booked before the others. The booking date on my confirmation is 2/24, but the other two cabins were booked a little later, so I could still transfer them, if I do it within the next few days. Of course, ours (JS) is the more expensive one and would have given us the most credit.

I can't decide if I want to deal with transferring the other two (inside cabin) bookings and having things split up. At this point, it seems easier to just keep them all with RCCL and hope for price drops.

I'm smacking myself in the head since I just realized that I missed my last day to transfer my future booking to a TA for OBC. I have never done this before! :mad:

We actually have 3 cabins booked for a family cruise, but mine was booked before the others. The booking date on my confirmation is 2/24, but the other two cabins were booked a little later, so I could still transfer them, if I do it within the next few days. Of course, ours (JS) is the more expensive one and would have given us the most credit.

I can't decide if I want to deal with transferring the other two (inside cabin) bookings and having things split up. At this point, it seems easier to just keep them all with RCCL and hope for price drops.

There is no guarantee that a TA will give you OBC. If you booked onboard a ship you should of had $100 of OBC from Royal Caribbean given. I transferred my booking to my TA after booking onboard Freedom of the Seas last year. The only OBC I have is what Royal Caribbean gave me. My TA has not given me any more OBC.

There is no guarantee that a TA will give you OBC. If you booked onboard a ship you should of had $100 of OBC from Royal Caribbean given. I transferred my booking to my TA after booking onboard Freedom of the Seas last year. The only OBC I have is what Royal Caribbean gave me. My TA has not given me any more OBC.

I always find out upfront what a TA offers in OBC and/or perks before I transfer a reservation. That's pretty much the whole point of transferring the ressie.

I would suggest transferring the other two for the OBC. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete and fax the transfer form. You can easily link the three reservations . Good luck

M

If you did some homework you would have found a TA that offers OBC. I see no reason to use a TA that doesn't offer it.

I would never use a TA who didn't give me OBC! Sometimes you can get other perks as well, such as paid gratiuties, wine, spa treatments, dinner in specialty restaurant, etc. Why use a TA who doesn't give perks? I was told about my TA while on Radiance to Hawaii in 2005. Have used her agency ever since. And I have her personal cell number so I can reach her on weekends and evenings if necessary.

I would never use a TA who didn't give me OBC! Sometimes you can get other perks as well, such as paid gratiuties, wine, spa treatments, dinner in specialty restaurant, etc. Why use a TA who doesn't give perks? I was told about my TA while on Radiance to Hawaii in 2005. Have used her agency ever since. And I have her personal cell number so I can reach her on weekends and evenings if necessary.

I have used various TA's over the years, but the one I've used the past several times has been very reliable with offering OBC that beats the big box store I frequent. I do worry about the after-business-hours things that might come up though. So far, I haven't had any issues, but still...

Thinking I will go ahead and transfer those other two cabins. Might as well get what I can. :)

Wow! I never realized a transfer from RC to a TA was even a possibility. I currently have a cabin reserved. What is the cut off time to do a transfer? And can I keep the same cabin I already have?

We always book onboard and then transfer and get 8-10% OBC from our TA.
Why transfer the booking instead of booking with TA in the first place?

Why do you guys book with RCI originally?

Am I missing something?

Oops! I missed the fact that rjrpar booked onboard. Sorry.

Wow! I never realized a transfer from RC to a TA was even a possibility. I currently have a cabin reserved. What is the cut off time to do a transfer? And can I keep the same cabin I already have?

You have to transfer within 60 days of the original booking, and before final payment. Yes, you can keep the same reservation number and cabin. But realize, once you transfer to a TA, you have to make any and all arrangements, changes, questions through the TA and not RCCL directly. This is an issue if you see a price drop one evening and your TA's office is closed. Hopefully, the price will still be there when they open, but if not, you will lose out. Leaving your reservation with RCCL means you can call them 24/7 and make any changes or adjustments immediately.

It is a trade-off, and there's no one right way to do things. You just choose whichever you are comfortable with. Some TA's are great with accommodating any changes, some not as much. Some offer enough OBC/perks to make it worth doing the transfer.

Why transfer the booking instead of booking with TA in the first place?

Why do you guys book with RCI originally?

Am I missing something?

Oops! I missed the fact that rjrpar booked onboard. Sorry.

It's just easier to book things online with RCCL and make any adjustments I need initially. Once I'm fairly set with my cabins, I usually opt for transferring and getting some OBC. But I do try and make sure I use a TA who will still be accommodating as much as possible (e.g., honoring price drops - which may also decrease your OBC), if I do have further changes to make.

Just wanted to report back a happy ending.

I called RCCL to confirm the dates and somehow, the date they have for my initial booking was a few days later than what was on my paperwork. I wasnt going to question the details! :D

So, success all around. Now back to hoping for a price-drops!

I book with a TA that rarely gives OBC. I do occasionally get OBC from the cruiseline, plus I get a Diamond balcony discount. ;)

Why you ask that I book with TA that doesn't give anything? It's simple. I email her what I want, we agree on the price (I check that out beforehand, and also check pricing daily,) and she does all the booking work. If I see a price drop, I email and she does all the work. If I decided to change my dining, I email and she makes the changes, etc.. When final payment comes up, my TA reminds me she is about to send it through. I don't have to remember, and I don't have to deal with the cruiseline. If I have a problem, my TA makes it right. :) Yes, I could probably do better, but I am comfortable and confident that my TA will take care of my reservation, and she takes on the headaches. ;)

I have been tossing around the idea of transferring my res. to a big membership co. I belong to because I checked and they have an OBC. I booked directly with RC and like to have control of my reservation. So it is 60 from booking but prior to final pmt to switch. I can't understand why a TA or company would do this? Too bad RC doesn't just match or give some type of OBC so we don't have to bother with all the paperwork and lose control of the booking! Anyone ever try that? Meaning ask RC directly? Thanks

Archived