Allure of the Seas - Diamond Lounge Question?

I have head mixed things about this so I am looking for info from recent Allure of the seas cruisers...

I am traveling on Allure of the Seas in September, I am going with my boyfriend. I am a diamond member, he is not. Will he be allowed in the Diamond Lounge for the cocktail hour before dinner? I know that I can get in with my card, but will they ask to see his card?

Celebrity allows cabin mates to attend the nightly cocktail hour as long as one member has high enough status while RCL does not.

You can ask at the door but be prepared that your cabin mate will be turned away.

• 5 months later...

Theoretically – he is not allowed in BUT……in many cases, partners ( same gender/different gender) have been granted access. When my husband and I enter the lounge, one of us shows a card, the other generally does not.

I am not a proponent of bringing a guest(s) to the lounges but in the case of a partner, boy/girlfriend/fiancée, I see no real issue.

As I recall, you open a "gate" to get to the DL. Only your key will likley work.

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Theoretically – he is not allowed in BUT……in many cases, partners ( same gender/different gender) have been granted access. When my husband and I enter the lounge, one of us shows a card, the other generally does not.

I am not a proponent of bringing a guest(s) to the lounges but in the case of a partner, boy/girlfriend/fiancée, I see no real issue.

As I recall, you open a "gate" to get to the DL. Only your key will likley work.

Enjoy

M

That's correct Marci, there is a gate.

Also, down in Blaze where the cocktail hour is held, there is someone at the door checking SeaPass cards.

How about a 14 year old Diamond member during the 5-8pm drinking time? I thought I read something about CL allowing "kids" but not sure if it was extended to the DL. I hesitate to ask since I think it might have created an uproar.

How about a 14 year old Diamond member during the 5-8pm drinking time? I thought I read something about CL allowing "kids" but not sure if it was extended to the DL. I hesitate to ask since I think it might have created an uproar.

When I sailed Allure in May, the event was in a club and they checked ID's...no children allowed to enter.

I have head mixed things about this so I am looking for info from recent Allure of the seas cruisers...

I am traveling on Allure of the Seas in September, I am going with my boyfriend. I am a diamond member, he is not. Will he be allowed in the Diamond Lounge for the cocktail hour before dinner? I know that I can get in with my card, but will they ask to see his card?

Here is the deal. I was on in March. The event will most likely be in blaze and there will be a person at the door asking to see your room card. You will most likely not get him in and it could be embarrassing to get caught if there is a line to get in. You may get away with it once if there is no one at the door (not likely) but they checked ours most nights and you would've thought he would know our faces by night 3 or 4. Are you engaged? Is he a C&A member already? If so they will probably switch him to Diamond if you call Royal well in advance of your cruise.

Also, on formal nights I learned no shorts. One formal night was a port day and we returned around 5 in shorts and decided to grab a quick drink before showering and going back. They wouldn't let us in which was annoying because I returned later to see another couple in shorts. So it can be hit and miss. But typically the guy was a hawk (which is a good thing as he is there for a reason).

Lastly, if it is the same two bartenders they were awesome. One was from the Dominican Rep (as I recall) and the other from the Philippines. They would have my beer open and her bellini ready before we even got to the bar after a day or two. Really great guys who care about the customers.

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by topnole

Kids are now allowed in the CL but not the DL.

• 3 months later...
Here is the deal. I was on in March. The event will most likely be in blaze and there will be a person at the door asking to see your room card. You will most likely not get him in and it could be embarrassing to get caught if there is a line to get in. You may get away with it once if there is no one at the door (not likely) but they checked ours most nights and you would've thought he would know our faces by night 3 or 4. Are you engaged? Is he a C&A member already? If so they will probably switch him to Diamond if you call Royal well in advance of your cruise.

Also, on formal nights I learned no shorts. One formal night was a port day and we returned around 5 in shorts and decided to grab a quick drink before showering and going back. They wouldn't let us in which was annoying because I returned later to see another couple in shorts. So it can be hit and miss. But typically the guy was a hawk (which is a good thing as he is there for a reason).

Lastly, if it is the same two bartenders they were awesome. One was from the Dominican Rep (as I recall) and the other from the Philippines. They would have my beer open and her bellini ready before we even got to the bar after a day or two. Really great guys who care about the customers.

Hope you enjoy!

I was just on and not sure if you are talking about Fe from the Philippines but if so she is the best. She was also the bartender on Serenade when I was on a few years ago so was great to see her again. Anyway on to the first question on the first night Dexter stopped everyone coming in and looked at their card and read the name off. After that first night he never asked to see it again but walked around to every person to welcome them so he would know if someone wasn't supposed to be there.

As others have said, the answer may be no. However, if he is enough of a boyfriend that you share a household, your status may be extended to him and he may be diamond.

Ours was this past June and was held in Blaze nightly. The Concierge stood at the door every night to check everyone's Seapass even though we were there most nights we still got checked. He also sent back inside anyone trying to leave with a drink.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Kids are now allowed in the CL but not the DL.

Our 16 yr old son was allowed in the DL and he does look young for his age. He also has rightfully earned his own "D" status. He's polite and knows how to behave with class. So maybe it all depends upon who's in charge.:)

Ours was this past June and was held in Blaze nightly. The Concierge stood at the door every night to check everyone's Seapass even though we were there most nights we still got checked. He also sent back inside anyone trying to leave with a drink,
Our Allure Happy Hour has also been in Blaze. On Day 5 the Concierge told me "You have to show your card to get in Thom". Yes, he knew me well enough to know my name, but still demanded my card! If you get the same Concierge, the chances of sneaking someone in are slim and none.

Thom

Our 16 yr old son was allowed in the DL and he does look young for his age. He also has rightfully earned his own "D" status. He's polite and knows how to behave with class. So maybe it all depends upon who's in charge.:)

That should not be a problem. The serve snacks and soft drinks as well.

Rudy

• 3 weeks later...

What time is the event in Blaze/ Diamond Lounge? We aren't sure when to schedule dinner? I keep hearing it referred to as an "hour". We are used to 5-8p diamond lounge ,but we realize more people= limited . We just don't know what time to book. (I am working on the assumption that Allure and Oasis run similarly). Can someone help clarify?

Thanks, Karen

What time is the event in Blaze/ Diamond Lounge? We aren't sure when to schedule dinner? I keep hearing it referred to as an "hour". We are used to 5-8p diamond lounge ,but we realize more people= limited . We just don't know what time to book. (I am working on the assumption that Allure and Oasis run similarly). Can someone help clarify?

Thanks, Karen

Usually 5pm to 8:30pm.

Oh ok- I thought they had changed it to 1 hour because of the larger crowds. Our last cruise the diamond lounge was practically empty most of the time. We would catch a quick drink before dinner or a latte in the morning. It's a very nice perk. I just thought it would change on the larger ships. Good to hear.

Thanks! Karen

• 1 year later...

Last year we cruised on the Oasis for our first Diamond level cruise and we had another couple along with us. During our first visit to the Diamond Lounge we were told that because there were less than normal Diamond members on the cruise we could bring them with us. So, the answer is it depends. Technically no one is allowed unless they are Diamond or higher so there's no point in arguing if they don't make an exception. And, minors are never allowed.

Last year we cruised on the Oasis for our first Diamond level cruise and we had another couple along with us. During our first visit to the Diamond Lounge we were told that because there were less than normal Diamond members on the cruise we could bring them with us. So, the answer is it depends. Technically no one is allowed unless they are Diamond or higher so there's no point in arguing if they don't make an exception. And, minors are never allowed.
Eligible minors are allowed in the Diamond Lounge 20.5 hours of the days - anytime except the evening Happy "Hour". And I have seen the Concierge allow well behaved minors in the DL during Happy Hour when the DL had low attendance. IMO a well behaved minor who is Diamond has at least as much right in the DL as non-D friends.