12 Pack Sodas~Cans vs. Plastic Bottles

angel2wyld2

Does anyone else carry on 2 six packs of plastic 20oz sodas instead of 12 pack cans? I have done it with all 12 cruises and never had a problem. You get more soda that way and its plastic if you should drop it. :)

I always go with plastic. With cans you have to

drink the whole can. or it goes bad. With plastic you

can always screw the cap back on.

I usually carry on 2-3, 2 liter bottles of soda onboard.

I always go with plastic. With cans you have to

drink the whole can. or it goes bad. With plastic you

can always screw the cap back on.

I usually carry on 2-3, 2 liter bottles of soda onboard.

I didnt know you were allowed to bring those?

I don't like the taste of soda out of the bottle. Call me crazy but it tastes funny to me. I love my cans of diet coke with lime. I always travel with them. I even keep a cozy in my bag so my drink will stay cold.

The 6-packs of bottles around here are usually 24oz. or tiny (10-12oz?) for both Coke and Pepsi products but that's probably specific to the regional bottlers involved.

We've brought on 2x of the 24Oz. 6-packs on two different occasions without any concerns raised (Ports Canaveral and Everglades). If there were a concern for security I'd be willing to pull off and discard one bottle from each and be back at the 120 Oz. total capacity of a 20 Oz. six-pack, which hopefully would address that concern. It seems difficult to find Diet Dew in 6-packs of bottles down south so if we're driving we'll generally bring some from home.

The 6-packs of bottles around here are usually 24oz. or tiny (10-12oz?) for both Coke and Pepsi products but that's probably specific to the regional bottlers involved.

We've brought on 2x of the 24Oz. 6-packs on two different occasions without any concerns raised (Ports Canaveral and Everglades). If there were a concern for security I'd be willing to pull off and discard one bottle from each and be back at the 120 Oz. total capacity of a 20 Oz. six-pack, which hopefully would address that concern. It seems difficult to find Diet Dew in 6-packs of bottles down south so if we're driving we'll generally bring some from home.

I totally agree!!!!! This is all my husband drinks and I have the worst time finding them in the stores. Regular Mt Dew is available by the truckload but I usually have to go to 2-3 stores to find Diet Mt Dew, everyone is sold out. Don't understand it, guess its a regional thing.

It's also getting harder to find 24oz or 20oz bottles in 6pks At least in middle Alabama everything is going to the 16.9oz bottle, for the same price as the 20oz use to be.

We always take two or three 1 liter bottles of tonic water, never had any issue.

Us too. I figure if I'm willing to spend $60 on the gin through Bon Voyage, they surely shouldn't get excited when DH brings on his diet tonic in any size bottle.... especially since they don't sell it. No diet gingerale either, so we bring that too, and mix it with my Bon Voyage Bacardi.

We always take two or three 1 liter bottles of tonic water, never had any issue.

Ohh, I didnt know that either, I think I will bring 2 of those size tonic water...to go with my BV vodka :)

Does anyone else carry on 2 six packs of plastic 20oz sodas instead of 12 pack cans? I have done it with all 12 cruises and never had a problem. You get more soda that way and its plastic if you should drop it. :)

Bottles

Ohh, I didnt know that either, I think I will bring 2 of those size tonic water...to go with my BV vodka :)

Much easier than using cans from the minibar, that's for sure. And the way I mix'em, I can get ALLOT of G&T's out of a liter;)

Last year in FLL they individually shook all 24 bottles (me and DH). Last month in PC, the lady just kinda glanced at them then waved us through.

They really examined and shook my bottle of tonic water this last November...I told the guy "shoot man, you can OPEN it if you want, I'm going to be mixing drinks with it within an hour anyway":)

For our last cruise, I bought two 8-packs of the 12 oz. plastic bottles of Diet Pepsi, and brought a small (12x12) soft-sided cooler. We had the sodas in our carry-on bags when we boarded the ship, and there was no problem.

Always. I rarely can drink a whole can in one sitting so I prefer something that I can reseal and put in the little fridge. I also like to reuse the bottles for water when going to port. Lastly, I love them because I can use 1/2 a bottle to make a rum and diet coke and later use the other 1/2 to make another one,

:D

Plus, because I leave them in the sealed shrink wrap plastic, there is no inspection needed.

Archived