NCL Acronyms used on CC (updated)

che5904

Ran across this one today for Luggage Checking & Airline Boarding :

NCL BAGS (Baggage Airline Guest Services) Program.

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bags

Thanks for the addition

Somewhat busy right now but maybe I'll find time in the next couple of weeks to update the list with the additions that posters have been kind enough to give. Then repost it.

• 2 months later...
I Received an offer from NCL.

In "terms and conditions"...

"Offer is for new individual FIT Reservations only".

They don't spell out what "FIT" means.

Any help?

My guess

"Free Individual Traveler"

Guests who are neither coming from a company or organizations and generally pay a rate which is a published tariff of a hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Silly me! When I read the inquiry from an OP ,

“...what is it like? This is our first time cruising with NCL and I am very nervous being on the same floor as the medical center. TIA ! “,

I thought the writer was prone to having a transient ischemic attack (mini-stroke).

I guess I should have known,

TIA meant Thanks In Advance :)

“...what is it like? This is our first time cruising with NCL and I am very nervous being on the same floor as the medical center. TIA ! “,

I thought the writer was prone to having a transient ischemic attack (mini-stroke).

Nice to see this thread still helping people. I thought I had taken the email notifications for all threads I had posted to, I guess I never got around to this one.

So for anyone looking for the updated list, compiled from additions added in this thread from other wonderful members.

I never did find a way to add a PDF to my signature or find a way to get the Mods to make this into a sticky for those newbies that needed help. Oh well.

Cheers all.

Here it is

acronyms.pdf

Edited by che5904

I Received an offer from NCL.

In "terms and conditions"...

"Offer is for new individual FIT Reservations only".

They don't spell out what "FIT" means.

Any help?

This is what I found online:

Foreign independent tour. Now generally used to indicate any independent travel, domestic or international, that does not involve a package tour.

The important line is "does not involve a package." In the wholesale travel business, bookings made as a package include discounts that are not applied to FIT bookings.

So, if you buy an air seat and a hotel room in the same reservation, but they are not part of a package, the booking is labeled FIT. It's shorthand for undiscounted bookings.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a list of acronyms under the FAQ section of CC home page. It just isn't specific to NCL.

Thanks for the information.

However, since the CC acronyms are buried in layers of FAQ, they are not easily accessible.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_acronyms

Also, they are not updated.

To the OP's point... Why not make them a sticky?

Today ran across a post writing about a KSF discount. (Kids Sale Free)

I could not find this acronym in a list from NCL or CC.:(

Edited by $hip$hape

Thanks for the information.

However, since the CC acronyms are buried in layers of FAQ, they are not easily accessible.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_acronyms

Also, they are not updated.

To the OP's point... Why not make them a sticky?

Today ran across a post writing about a KSF discount. (Kids Sale Free)

I could not find this acronym in a list from NCL or CC.:(

The OP has left cruise critic since she couldn't smoke on her balcony, so this won't be updated by her any longer.

• 6 months later...
Thanks. I figured out all the "dear" ones but couldn't understand why people just didn't type wife or hubby.

I use the term Missus for my wife, she is just to special to me to refer to her as DW. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I hardly use any of the acronyms in my posts.

ANBTTRP

And Now Back To The Regular Postings.

I use the term Missus for my wife, she is just to special to me to refer to her as DW. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I hardly use any of the acronyms in my posts.

ANBTTRP

And Now Back To The Regular Postings.

How about SWMBO? (She Who Must Be Obeyed as per Horace Rumpole)

• 4 months later...

I know this thread is a couple years old, but a huge THANKS to the original poster. I think sometimes CC people forget that everyone hasn't been here for a few years and get really bogged down in the acronym-speak. I appreciate the help breaking the code! :)

I know this thread is a couple years old, but a huge THANKS to the original poster. I think sometimes CC people forget that everyone hasn't been here for a few years and get really bogged down in the acronym-speak. I appreciate the help breaking the code! :)

Yes, I when I first started on CC, I had no idea what some of the acronyms meant. Che5904 was still cruising with NCL back then and this list was invaluable.

I saved it my favs list and while I don't need it much anymore it's always good to have.

Enjoy.

Yes, I when I first started on CC, I had no idea what some of the acronyms meant. Che5904 was still cruising with NCL back then and this list was invaluable.

I saved it my favs list and while I don't need it much anymore it's always good to have.

Enjoy.

One of my favorites... (post#30)

On a NCL Breakaway thread, someone posted that their cabin was just below the EGIA .

I looked up EGIA on all the acronym sites with no avail.

Then it hit me...

On the top deck is the ship's name; NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY.

• 2 months later...
One of my favorites... (post#30)

On a NCL Breakaway thread, someone posted that their cabin was just below the EGIA .

I looked up EGIA on all the acronym sites with no avail.

Then it hit me...

On the top deck is the ship's name; NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY.

On the Escape's TransAtlantic, WE are staying in a cabin below the APE.

Deck 5, Cabin 5124, Below the portside lettering "Norwegian ESCAPE"

Edited by $hip$hape

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice to see this thread still helping people. I thought I had taken the email notifications for all threads I had posted to, I guess I never got around to this one.

So for anyone looking for the updated list, compiled from additions added in this thread from other wonderful members.

I never did find a way to add a PDF to my signature or find a way to get the Mods to make this into a sticky for those newbies that needed help. Oh well.

Cheers all.

Here it is

che5904,

Thank you for all your time, skill and effort,

wherever you are.:)

Michael