Carry on bags

You can carry on as many bags as you can drag on board -- providing that they all fit through the scanner. One thing you might want to keep in mind though: if you board prior to 1:00 pm, you may be dragging those bags with you for a while. RC has gotten very strict about not letting people into their rooms early -- even just to drop their bags off.

You can carry on as many bags as you can drag on board -- providing that they all fit through the scanner. One thing you might want to keep in mind though: if you board prior to 1:00 pm, you may be dragging those bags with you for a while. RC has gotten very strict about not letting people into their rooms early -- even just to drop their bags off.
Not true in all ports, I was forced to check a suitcase in Miami that I had no problem with in Port Canaveral. This was by one of the Rent-a-Cops at the building entrance.

Not true in all ports, I was forced to check a suitcase in Miami that I had no problem with in Port Canaveral. This was by one of the Rent-a-Cops at the building entrance.

When was this? I've had no such issues in Miami, but that was 2006,7,8 and 2010. Haven't been back to that port since 11/2010. Wonder if it could have been one Roque employee with an attitude, that does happen once in awhile.

I don't recall from my last cruise, but if it fits the airline size standards for a carryin luggage piece, will it fit though RCL scanners? We have a rolling case for medical supplies that can't go in luggage.

LOL - I like it. :)

If you can manage to fit it all inside the cabin, by all means - bring it on. Besides, I knew of folks who used their "unoccupied" shower to store their oversized luggages & golf gears, moving it around as necessary - and, the porters loved it at the pier :rolleyes:;):D:eek:

I don't recall from my last cruise, but if it fits the airline size standards for a carryin luggage piece, will it fit though RCL scanners? We have a rolling case for medical supplies that can't go in luggage.

Which airline's carryon specs and was it a CRJ200 that you're flying on ... LOL (okay, just poking fun & humor) - and they do not penalize for being overweight (no calibrated scales in use) ... I meant, errr ... the luggage. Your chosen airline(s) - however, is another story - which I'm sure you knew will ship them as long as your credit card is authorized. Keep it down, RCL scanners at the pier are the same as other cruise lines and just as generous. Most average-sized carryons fit thru as those machines are the same ones in used at most airports worldwide for decades, and they don't chew it up as it pass thru (immune from TSA, so far) but I heard that the cute "Beagles" from CBP are sniffing & checking them behind the scene or sometimes from a short distance away.

As for medical supplies being rolled onboard, just making sure you aren't taking needles & sharps onboard unless you have an official prescriptions (signed, sealed & notorized - not really needed, but it sure won't hurt) for your mobile medical emergency & trauma kit (AED, perhaps ??) - chances are good that the ship's medical center stocked most & more of what you will need (it's not free nor covered by most health insurance plans, of course ...)

Last cruise I had a rolling duffle, backpack, purse and laptop. Once we boarded around 11:30 AM, we went to the Promenade Cafe, found a small table, and sat there eating sandwiches, cookies and drinking coffee until our cabin was ready. This way we didn't feel guilty about taking a table, for several hours, in the Windjammer Cafe since we all know how crowded it gets.

As a matter of fact, yes they are sharps/needles due to T1 diabetes. Have signed letter from doctor stating the medical necessity to have this stuff roll around with me whinter travel. The insulin has prescrip labels but the syringes and pump supplies do not.

When was this? I've had no such issues in Miami, but that was 2006,7,8 and 2010. Haven't been back to that port since 11/2010. Wonder if it could have been one Roque employee with an attitude, that does happen once in awhile.
Not sure I think it was 08, however the point I was trying to make was be ready to check larger carry-ons as you never can tell when a port security agent might of gotten up on the wrong side of the bed!

Archived