B2B Oasis - Too Long for Inside Cabin?

Hi all,

I have Allure booked in November, but I am considering transferring that booking to a B2B on Oasis in October.

My girlfriend and I wondering if we should go the cheapest possible route (inside room.) Do you think 14-nights at sea with no window would be too much? If we did Ocean View, I want to do a Category F front-facing room. I just think that'd be fun.

This will actually be our first cruise without a balcony (we've been spoiled by discounts on Disney) so we don't know if we would be able to handle no natural light at all!

Thanks in advance.

A few years ago I did a B2B in an inside cabin on Mariner out of Los Angeles (Mexico).

It didn't seem bad at all, but looking back I spent a lot of time while everyone else was in port hanging out in the Viking lounge reading books and it was empty and quiet.

Recently on the Rhapsody I did a 11 day Hawaii to Vancouver which had 5 days at sea at the end. I had a junior suite because of a last minute discounted upgrade offer.

I was really glad to have it for those at-sea days because every lounge was packed and there wasn't really any quiet places to be found. It seems that RCCL has a policy that very loud music is played everywhere from about 1pm onward.

With warmer weather I imagine the solarium would have been less crowded and you are going to be on a much bigger ship. So take those into account.

Hey any cabin as long as it is out there!

Have you considered a consecutive cruise.....

You'll sail on Oasis Saturday to Saturday then RCI pays for your hotel room in FTL then you go back to the Port on Sunday and sail the Allure Sunday to Sunday.

The hotel room is completely free and you break up the trip by being on both ships. We did this last year and had some much fun we rebooked for the fall 2012

Good idea! In doing so, as long as you are changing ships, book a GTY and maybe you will at least be upgraded to n OV. :D I know that 3 days would be too much for me in an Inside.

How did you get discounts on Disney? Disney ships are two times the cost of RCCL in the first place.

We had thought about doing an Allure/Oasis B2B but that would mean we would visit the same ports two weeks in a row, and although seeing both ships was tempting, seeing different ports was more tempting.

There don't seem to be any GTY available for the dates we are looking for, sadly.

Discounts are Cast Member discounts :)

We had thought about doing an Allure/Oasis B2B but that would mean we would visit the same ports two weeks in a row, and although seeing both ships was tempting, seeing different ports was more tempting.

There don't seem to be any GTY available for the dates we are looking for, sadly.

We enjoyed visiting Labadee twice and Cozumel 2'x. We turned the Jamaica port into a Sea day and enjoyed the empty ship while at port. Enjoy the different shows on each ship....loved the donut shop and loved the hot dog shop it was all good

I always cruise in an inside cabin, and so far have only done 14 night cruises. While I can't compare with a balcony or outside, I can definitely say I had no issue with it. I personally hate just sitting in my cabin as I feel I am wasting my cruise time and could be doing something else onboard. I spend pretty much all my time outside of the cabin, and only use it for sleeping in.

I would rather save the money than spend what would be hundreds more for a balcony. There are loads of quiet spaces to sit out on deck, at least on the Freedom Class there are.

I would think that if you are not one to spend lots of time inside, that may be a great way to save some money. I don't know about Royal, but Carnival has a tv station that is their webcam. You can leave the tv on that station overnight with the sound muted & when the sun comes in the morning, it will help you to wake up if you aren't setting an alarm. Anyway, it lets you see what it's like outside.

We've sailed balcony, window & inside cabins, but never more than 7 nighters. I think I could do it - don't spend a whole lot of time in the cabin anyway.

This is a highly personal issue....for me, 3 nights in an inside cabin is too much! For others, an inside cabin is the only way to go! It's up to you, and what you desire from your vacation accomodations. For me, I want to be AT LEAST as comfortable on vacation as I am at home...if not moreso! That's why I don't camp...ain't sleepin' in a tent...ever...never.

I want space, and a tad of luxury...doesn't have to be gold-plated, but it does have to give me walking space and a view. No point to a ship (IMO) if you can't see the sea!

Go ahead and book, and look for a GTY rate to come up closer to the cruise.

Hey any cabin as long as it is out there!

Have you considered a consecutive cruise.....

You'll sail on Oasis Saturday to Saturday then RCI pays for your hotel room in FTL then you go back to the Port on Sunday and sail the Allure Sunday to Sunday.

The hotel room is completely free and you break up the trip by being on both ships. We did this last year and had some much fun we rebooked for the fall 2012

Now this sounds really good.

Hi all,

I have Allure booked in November, but I am considering transferring that booking to a B2B on Oasis in October.

My girlfriend and I wondering if we should go the cheapest possible route (inside room.) Do you think 14-nights at sea with no window would be too much? If we did Ocean View, I want to do a Category F front-facing room. I just think that'd be fun.

This will actually be our first cruise without a balcony (we've been spoiled by discounts on Disney) so we don't know if we would be able to handle no natural light at all!

Thanks in advance.

Take the inside. You will NEVER be in your cabin except to change and sleep. :)

Is this the only way you can afford to do a B2B?

I don't think its too long, as your not in your room that much anyway.

I say go for it. If you have been comfortable with an inside cabin in the past, it probably won't be a big deal.

Well we got geeky and made an Excel spreadsheet of the prices, and it was about $150 more for each of us for 2 weeks for an Oceanview, so we went ahead and booked a category F (same cabin) for both cruises!

14 nights on Oasis of the Seas, here we come! :D

Well we got geeky and made an Excel spreadsheet of the prices, and it was about $150 more for each of us for 2 weeks for an Oceanview, so we went ahead and booked a category F (same cabin) for both cruises!

14 nights on Oasis of the Seas, here we come! :D

You will have a blast!

This is after the fact but for those coming up to this issue...............

We did a B2B on the Allure in May 2011 in the same inside cabin and had no problems. Many of the insides are big at 174 sq. feet and don't present the claustrophobia issues that a 150 or 152 feet cabin does.

174 ft. is 3 feet less then a standard E balcony which, at 12 feet wide, is 3 inches shorter.

This is a highly personal issue and I don't think anyone can make this decision for you. I'm also not sure how much you will be swayed by any of these answers, one way or the other.

For us, we will never do an inside again. Once was enough and with no natural light and claustrophobia issues thrown in, we will wait to book something we can afford where the cabin is to our preference. Also, I don't quite get when people say you "aren't in your cabin that much". Aren't you? Really? Don't others go back to their room to freshen up, take a nap, enjoy one another's company ;), etc. etc? We go back to our room often, and certainly not just to sleep.

Aren't you? Really? Don't others go back to their room to freshen up, take a nap, enjoy one another's company ;), etc. etc? We go back to our room often, and certainly not just to sleep.

I do of course go back to freshen up, drop things off or change for dinner and take a short nap, but I don't usually spend any longer than an hour in there unless I am sleeping. If we want to enjoy one another's company we will go sit in a bar or lounge, or go catch some sun outside.

I feel that if I had a balcony, I would not use it often enough to warrant the price, as I prefer to be exploring the ship or relaxing elsewhere. I am not one for being sat somewhere quiet, probably contrary to most other people.

One thing however which I would love to be able to do if I did go for it is get up in the middle of the night and go out onto the balcony. I would love that. My inside is on deck 10 this year so I just have to go up one deck to get outside which is a bit nicer.

As you say this is a very subjective thing. If you don't mind not having instant access outside, and don't mind walking a bit to get some fresh air then the money you save is quite substantial. There are plenty of places on the ship to sit and relax in outside the cabin (central park would be the big one for me). You could treat those aft public balcony areas on decks 11 12 and 14 near the aquatheater as your balcony :P

Archived