Grand princess any hints and tips ?

STEPHEN LARKIN

Thanks ,

Yes I did notice that, ive had a few pc problems this evening and thought I had them sorted. HOW EMBARRASING !

SORRY EVERYONE :rolleyes:

No problemo, it happens to all of us at some point. :)

Did you notice all the views on each one even though they say the same thing?

Thanks ,

Yes I did notice that, ive had a few pc problems this evening and thought I had them sorted. HOW EMBARRASING !

SORRY EVERYONE :rolleyes:

No need to be embarrassed--didn't mean to make you feel that way :( Definitely join your roll call if you haven't already done so!

highheel girl is right, the board seemed to be a little weird over the past half-hour or so.

Cheers everyone, to be fair I did also think the board was not working right for a while so I dont feel to bad, thanks everyone for your help, this is a fantastic site, every time I need to know something there are people standing in line to help me out !

I love cruise critic !

Now what about those hints and tips on Grand Princess ? lol :rolleyes:

Hi srpilo,

I was on the 3 day cruise last year but there is so much to do and see I would like to try different things this time, eg I did not rvrn know there was a mini golf area or a sprinkles ice cream area, nor did I get the chance to watch a film 'under the stars' .

There is loads of things to see and do on this ship and I am really asking for hints and tips of the best things to do and if there are any shortcuts etc. :)

Stephen .... As others have said, we've all done this so no reason to be embarrassed.

Very interested in the replies you get on Grand Princess! She was going in for a big time dry dock when we sailed on her last. Would love comments from others who have cruised on her since.

I'm also interested in information about the Grand Princess. I'll be sailing round trip out of San Francisco in 2013. I've sailed neither Princess nor the Grand before, so any information will be helpful! Thanks in advance!

Stephen,

We were on the crossing this past April on the Grand. We had a wonderful time. The crew was top notch. The pub lunch was greatl, my husband used the golf simulator every day at sea, and the pizzas at Alfredos are yummy.

The only negative we had was the cigar bar kept the doors opened and the smoke drifted into the Princess Theater.

Stephen, I've just been on the Grand around the Med, a fine ship indeed with great crew and entertainment.

But your query is so vague I don't feel I can answer it.

Surely 'what are the best things to do' all depends on personal taste.

But you should have no trouble filling your time.

IMO, the most important thing to know about the Grand that sets her apart from the rest of the Grand class is that there are no midships passenger stairs above deck 7 - it changes the passenger traffic flow considerably - it ends up as no problem if you know about it and select your cabin accordingly.

I suppose it doesn't matter too much if you have the patience to wait for elevators but I never have, I like to be able to nip up and down the stairs.

We took the transatlantic voyage on the Grand in April, and we loved it.

we loved Sabatini's...fabulous food and wonderful service and well worth the extra $$

we loved Allen singing everynight at Crooner's.

we loved our late night dining experience and wonderful waitstaff

we loved the entertainment afternoons at the Piazza

ship was great, people were great ...everything was great.

Stephen,

We were on the crossing this past April on the Grand. We had a wonderful time. The crew was top notch. The pub lunch was greatl, my husband used the golf simulator every day at sea, and the pizzas at Alfredos are yummy.

The only negative we had was the cigar bar kept the doors opened and the smoke drifted into the Princess Theater.

I 100% agree about the cigar bar doors,the smoke definitely made it way into the theater. Whenever we walked by it on the of way out of the theater I made a point of closing the doors. Also mentioned it on the online survey.

Archived