Too many announcements???

satchiesmom

The announcements won't be broadcast inside your cabin...they will be in the hallways (muted in your cabin) and public areas.

I don't think that there are really way more than could be expected, but depending on the talent of the announcer, they can grate on you if you are sitting right under a ceiling speaker.

The worst ones seem to be from the CD staff. I don't know why some of the Cruise Director staff think that shouting in to a microphone sounds better...they really should train these folks. The same goes for the shows.

Yes, there will be some announcements. But they are neither constant nor particularly intrusive (and as someone else already said, they are in the halls/public areas - not your cabin). You will, of course, notice them but unless you are very sensitive or looking to be annoyed, they are not a big deal. And - you might even hear a few things that interest you. I actually enjoy the captain's bridge report. (Note that, on most ships, if you want, you can tune the TV to a particular channel (either the bridge view channel or the navigation channel I think) to hear the public announcements in cabin).

ITA with KJE Atlanta, the bridge reports are really interesting and I often go running into the hallway to hear them! Otherwise I don't find them constant/intrusive; however we don't spend a lot of time in common areas, which could make the difference. Out on the main pool deck they are loud if you are right under a speaker, but not too bad if you choose your location strategically!

I almost never heard them. Half the time they arent loud enough to even understand when they do go off, but mostly they are just announcing things like Bingo in such in such bar in 10 minutes. Or when we were on the Alaskan cruise last year they announced that we were entering Sawyer Glacier and to come join everyone on deck.

While I have only sailed NCL twice we found them to be exactly like HAL and Celebrity. RCI had the most, then Princess but none of them broadcast these annoucements in your cabin. So depending on if you are out and about on the ship will depend on if you are hearing them.

Maybe I have become immune but I just don't pay any attention to them any more :D

We always listen to the announcements just in case they announce: "Attention Oldguysandgalls"...."Please report to the front desk immediately to claim your FREE cruise"!......."Attention Oldguysandgalls"...."Please report to the front desk immediately to claim your FREE cruise"! :D

We always listen to the announcements just in case they announce: "Attention Oldguysandgalls"...."Please report to the front desk immediately to claim your FREE cruise"!......."Attention Oldguysandgalls"...."Please report to the front desk immediately to claim your FREE cruise"! :D

Love it!

It appears to depend totally on the CD how many announcements they have.

Our first cruise in 2009 was ridiculous with announcements. They would have some bong bong and then the CD or someone under him would come on numerous times a day.

Our last cruise in 2011, they had announcments first thing in the morning, highlighting what "not to miss". I don't recall hearing any others through out the day unless it was something that needed to be paged. Like returning from port and someone being sought after, or tender colors etc.

Sometimes they are annoying but they are NOT constant and they aren't really intrusive. It doesn't come into your cabin except faintly thru the door from the hallway, and that's not every announcement. Some are more soft spoken than others.

Am I the only one who actually enjoys the announcements? Haha call me crazy but I really love when i wake up in the morning and hear that little *ding* and they start talking about the days events or the weather!

Maybe you haven't experience what some like myself are referring to "numerous annoying". On our first cruise it appeared like they were every 1/2 hr. That is an over exaggeration but as I stated after a while thats what it "felt" like.

I actually did enjoy to hear the morning "what not to miss, weather"

I find the barrage of announcements on NCL hyping things like bingo and other "activities" (as distinct from the Captain making an announcement) to be annoying. Not a reason not to sail on NCL, but still annoying.

We just got back from our first cruise with Celebrity; nothing like that at all, and you really notice the difference (and the quiet).

Am I the only one who actually enjoys the announcements? Haha call me crazy but I really love when i wake up in the morning and hear that little *ding* and they start talking about the days events or the weather!

I'm with you. I know I am on a cruise ship:D and not thinking about my day at home. Later in the day I try to tune them out.

Archived