Anyone else getting a Malware pop up when using the boards?

trvlgirlmq

The last 2 days whenever I try to use the boards my virus protection is catching malware threats. Then my computer closes the connection to the boards. It doesn't happen when I open the main CC page only when I try to access the boards. I'm using my work computer now and hope I am not infecting it!

I've done all the clean ups I can think of but am a bit afraid to try to get back on at home. Can't afford a new computer right now.

The last 2 days whenever I try to use the boards my virus protection is catching malware threats. Then my computer closes the connection to the boards. It doesn't happen when I open the main CC page only when I try to access the boards. I'm using my work computer now and hope I am not infecting it!

I've done all the clean ups I can think of but am a bit afraid to try to get back on at home. Can't afford a new computer right now.

I was getting it yesterday but not today

Yes, for 2 days now. I have avast. If i click on message boards malware warnings then blank page. I had to back into the message boards by going to editor reviews first, member reviews, then message boards.

Sure wish someone at cruise critic would work on this.

I was, I added an exception to my anti virus software that fixed the issue. I think that there is a definition that was recently updated that is in error.

What AVS are you using?

I was, I added an exception to my anti virus software that fixed the issue. I think that there is a definition that was recently updated that is in error.

What AVS are you using?

I just use the free version. I have never had any problems really on my home computer.

Cruise Critic knows about it... seems to only be people who use AVAST anti-virus. AVAST knows about it as well they are trying to get it resolved.

I use Kaspersky which catches everything and it's been showing me these Malware issues for a couple of months now on certain pages of posts on here. My virus software recognizes it as an Http:// problem and blocks the problem while still letting me view the site. But, it's a pain in the rear.

• Administrators

We've cleared up the issue re: Avast users getting warning notifications. If you still get any, please let me know via email.

Laura

Yeah happened to me but not today....

Michele

Archived