$25 Wash & Fold laundry special (photo of bag)

For those that want to know how big the laundry bag is. I have it next to the cruise compass for comparison. The special was offered on day 5 of our 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Serenade of the Seas. I hope this helps.

photo-7.jpg

What the picture doesn't show is how it looks FULL. You can get a lot of soft knit clothes in that bag, because it's very stretchy.

I think my record was a week's worth of undies for both of us, 2 pairs of rolled up knit capris for me, 2 pairs of knit shorts for hubby, and several tee shirts.

You have to get creative about closing it at the top. I twirl it around by the top (teeny) piece of bag I can grip, and then tie the pull off band around that very short twisted piece.

What the picture doesn't show is how it looks FULL. You can get a lot of soft knit clothes in that bag, because it's very stretchy.

I think my record was a week's worth of undies for both of us, 2 pairs of rolled up knit capris for me, 2 pairs of knit shorts for hubby, and several tee shirts.

You have to get creative about closing it at the top. I twirl it around by the top (teeny) piece of bag I can grip, and then tie the pull off band around that very short twisted piece.

No need to close it, I usually have a few things hanging out and never had an issue. We fit almost 20 t shirts and an assortment of undies in ours last cruise.

Your description of the bags capacity can also be misleading.:eek::eek::eek:

A week's worth of undies could be one thong each, worn all week,:o, or 14 heavy duty boxers, (changed daily).:) YMMV:D

But for all you new cruisers out there what you are not hearing is how wrinkled some clothes can come back. While we do take advantage of the laundry bag special we have had to literally rewash our clothes once we get home. Some clothes, like our cotton shorts, get so wrinkled that we can not wear them again until we wash them and then dry them on our delicate dryer settings at home.

Just be careful of what type of clothes you send to the ship's laundry so you won't have to redo them once home.

I am not drying to be critical because I mean this in the nicest way possible.:o

We have fit in clothing for a size 8 woman and man weighing 300 lbs:

5 boxers XL

5 undies M

2 bathing suits (trunks + a tankini)

4 capris (sz. 8)

3 shorts XL (sports shorts)

4-5 heavy cotton shirts size 4X

1 pair of Dockers (size 38)

7 pairs of socks (5 mens & 2 ladies)

1 pair of running shorts, tank, and sports bra

6 lightweight cotton tops (women's size M)

1 pair of PJs (full length pants & short sleeve top size M)

We roll everything into tight little balls and shove it in. Never closed the top.

Clothes came back slightly wrinkled, but we shook it out and wore them and it was fine.

That said, I only do this because we only do carry-on...so everything gets washed when we get home anyway.

I do wish they would do it on night 3 though.

Edited by twiggers

But for all you new cruisers out there what you are not hearing is how wrinkled some clothes can come back. While we do take advantage of the laundry bag special we have had to literally rewash our clothes once we get home. Some clothes, like our cotton shorts, get so wrinkled that we can not wear them again until we wash them and then dry them on our delicate dryer settings at home.

Just be careful of what type of clothes you send to the ship's laundry so you won't have to redo them once home.

I am not drying to be critical because I mean this in the nicest way possible.:o

We must be sending out the right type of clothes because ours have always come back washed, dried, and neatly folded. No necessity of rewashing them when we got home, and it was much easier to pack them for our return home. :)

The plastic bags have always been provided for the special laundry offer. The bags used for regular laundry are of the paper variety. I'm pretty certain that they will accept the paper bags along with the discount laundry coupon if you don't have one of the plastic bags available.

Your description of the bags capacity can also be misleading.:eek::eek:

A week's worth of undies could be one thong each, worn all week,:o, or 14 heavy duty boxers, (changed daily).:) YMMV:D

Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I'm just planning on taking a trash bag and all of my older clothes for day wear and when I get back to Port Canaveral, it will all go in the trash-all except my favorite shorts and my bathing suit and any good clothes we brought for eating in MDR. My husband plans to work out every day and those clothes might go directly into the trash.

Of course it is just the 2 of us, we are planning on a very self centered vacation so it works for us, may not work for you.

Also I am planning on buying new tshirts at all ports and on the ship, so may not throw away the old suitcase, but we might!

We have used it also, but the only thing I ever send out is my workout clothes and hubbies tshirts/underwear. I don't want me suits/coverups or regular shorts dried, so I never send them out. But on a B2B especially, it is really nice to only pack enough workout clothes and his tshirts for one week knowing I can send them out to get cleaned for the next week. We have that bag totally stuffed full. I also roll everything as tiny as I can b/c you get more in the bag that way. And know that they are not paper anymore, you can even get more in there.

And since we are D+, the laundry is free, making it even better.

DW and I used the service this past April on Jewel. The bag was plastic. We sent mostly underwear. Glad to have had the service, but the clothing came back with a distinctive industrial detergent aroma. It has taken multiple washings back home for the aroma to diminish.

Maybe I have an overly sensitive sense. YMMV.

I have a photo of it full from my Jewel review, if anyone needs to see. I'd post, but I'm not at my computer.

I always do the wash and fold (and use my coupon!) The last two times its been this plastic bag, which you can get more into. I don't do anything I would hang to dry ordinarily or delicate wash, ( like my cotton capris or slinky tops) but it's great for undergarments, workout clothes, tees and pjs beach cover ups. Like you, I can get about 1/2 weeks stuff for 2 of us ( including my 6 foot 6 inch husbands stuff).

It helps cut down on all the luggage, and makes getting around easier to carry less stuff!

We must be sending out the right type of clothes because ours have always come back washed, dried, and neatly folded. No necessity of rewashing them when we got home, and it was much easier to pack them for our return home. :)

The plastic bags have always been provided for the special laundry offer. The bags used for regular laundry are of the paper variety. I'm pretty certain that they will accept the paper bags along with the discount laundry coupon if you don't have one of the plastic bags available.

AHA that its. We get the paper bag not plastic. I guess if I don't see the plastic bag in our stateroom I will just have to ask for it next time.

Thanks for clearing up the mystery of the wrinkle clothes for me :D

The special is also supposed to be limited items ... underwear, socks, shorts, and tshirts. They always warn that if you include other items, they will be charged at the full laundry pricing ... so I never count in getting jeans or slacks cleaned.