Obstructed view veranda cabin example

cruisegirl1

Hi:)....a good way to see if the cabin you are in has an obstruction?

Check the "Cabin thread" at the top of the forum. I realize having a

guaranty won't help since you may not have your cabin number

but the cabin thread has lots of great information on it.

Can you please advise where to find that thread as I can't find it - thanks!

Can you please advise where to find that thread as I can't find it - thanks!

What Sandi just said:D:);)...see her post right before this one.

Thanks everyone for your input, especially Sally, emo . We're in 1578 & 1582 so we hope they are nice cabins(with beds next to bath?) for our Med. cruise on Solstice. Introducing some pals to Celebrity on our 2nd cruise as we had a super time last Sept in 7163. NIce quiet cabin and great attendents,easy access to exits, so very sad to leave Solstice on our last day. Afraid I'm not computer savvy and haven't progressed to posting photos.

ec

Sally my email is echineteo@gmail.com. Thanks

Thanks everyone for your input, especially Sally, emo . We're in 1578 & 1582 so we hope they are nice cabins(with beds next to bath?) for our Med. cruise on Solstice. Introducing some pals to Celebrity on our 2nd cruise as we had a super time last Sept in 7163. NIce quiet cabin and great attendents,easy access to exits, so very sad to leave Solstice on our last day. Afraid I'm not computer savvy and haven't progressed to posting photos.

ec

Sally my email is echineteo@gmail.com. Thanks

I sent you an e-mail with the pics of the WW.

Here are pictures of cabin 6298 a 2C category in the aft section of the Equinox.

You can see everything except straight down as the roof of the Silk Harvest restaurant is below you. It is the blue section in picture 3 below.

We did not notice any noise or odors from the restaurant.

DSC00969.JPG?gl=US

DSC00971.JPG?gl=US

DSC01343.JPG?gl=US

Hi Sally & Bob. We are sailing on the Millennium January 20th cruise and, as it transpires, were late booking as the cruise is now sold out. Could only book a guarantee concierge C2 balcony cabin. We have been allocated cabin 8049 which I understand has the window washer parked in front. I get different responses from celebrity, some staff saying it is obstructed, some not. Although I appreciate a different class of ship I would also be interested to see how much of an obstruction it is, so if you could kindly e-mail your pic I would be grateful. Address is cokepeter@hotmail.com. When booking the guarantee cabin we realised we would probably be allocated an obstructed cabin but were keen to go on this particular cruise and got a good price. Many thanks.

Hi Sally & Bob. We are sailing on the Millennium January 20th cruise and, as it transpires, were late booking as the cruise is now sold out. Could only book a guarantee concierge C2 balcony cabin. We have been allocated cabin 8049 which I understand has the window washer parked in front. I get different responses from celebrity, some staff saying it is obstructed, some not. Although I appreciate a different class of ship I would also be interested to see how much of an obstruction it is, so if you could kindly e-mail your pic I would be grateful. Address is cokepeter@hotmail.com. When booking the guarantee cabin we realised we would probably be allocated an obstructed cabin but were keen to go on this particular cruise and got a good price. Many thanks.

I sent the e-mail last night. It first time it bounced back for some reason. The second time I sent it, the e-mail seemed to go through.

We don’t sail until April 2013 and got the assignment already, one week after making the booking and 9 months prior to sailing!

We are assigned a 2C - mid ship– Port side. I guess it will not change and for the price we paid ( less than the current interior) we are satisfied.

I'll track the price and should other categories fall, I can always change cabins.

Thanks for all the help.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Here are pictures of cabin 6298 a 2C category in the aft section of the Equinox.

You can see everything except straight down as the roof of the Silk Harvest restaurant is below you. It is the blue section in picture 3 below.

We did not notice any noise or odors from the restaurant.

DSC00969.JPG?gl=US

DSC00971.JPG?gl=US

DSC01343.JPG?gl=US

Great photos....:) I see you are on Summit on Nov 10th....

Me too:D...should be fun:D

We don’t sail until April 2013 and got the assignment already, one week after making the booking and 9 months prior to sailing!

I was just wondering if anyone got their cabin assignments from this sale yet. We sail in May '13 and are still waiting to hear. I'm on pins and needles...need to take a chill pill I guess, but we don't cruise often and are just so excited.

We booked during the promotion last Saturday (pay for inside, free upgrade to veranda) and

were assigned our cabin this morning. Not bad! It's a 2C and from what I've found out has very little obstruction. For what we paid we are happy and satisfied.

I was just wondering if anyone got their cabin assignments from this sale yet. We sail in May '13 and are still waiting to hear. I'm on pins and needles...need to take a chill pill I guess, but we don't cruise often and are just so excited.

Got our assignment last evening and switched cabins already... lol

Does anyone have any information on cabin 6149 and 6172 on Deck 6 - Continental - on the Celebrity Solstice?:confused:

These are verandah cabins but I am wondering just how obstructed the view from these are.

Also just how bad is the obstruction?

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have any information on cabin 6149 and 6172 on Deck 6 - Continental - on the Celebrity Solstice?:confused:

These are verandah cabins but I am wondering just how obstructed the view from these are.

Also just how bad is the obstruction?

Thanks in advance

The balcony for cabin 6149 overlooks a shed and the one for 6172 overlooks the front of a lifeboat and it's front davit.

Both views are marked by the arrows in the shot below. The over lifeboat view is for cabin 6171 which has the same view as cabin 6172 on the opposite side.

attachment.php?attachmentid=239477&d=1342185449

SolsticePort.jpg.53e58209b9cc28d26a9a1ae533e00143.jpg

Edited by robtulipe
  • Thanks 1

Here is a another shot from the top. The view for 6149 being it's location is further out on the jump section is less obstructed by the shed than the view of 6172 by the lifeboat which it is completely behind of.

That's why 6149 is a Cat. 2B and 6172 is a 2C.

attachment.php?attachmentid=239482&d=1342187046

DSC09489a.jpg.817b28c9c66be56779470f0638d0f065.jpg

Edited by robtulipe
  • Thanks 1

Bob – those photos are helpful. I am in 6165 on the Equinox, so if the numbering is the same I can “see” our balcony in your shot. While no obstruction would, of course be best, this assigned cabin will be fine.

M

Actually, the 'window washer', which is an open white metal box that you can see right through, comes with an extra large balcony in AQ. We were in 1552 next door and after the first day you never even notice it--but you do get to enjoy the big balcony!

Glad to hear that. We have 1552 booked on Eclipse next year - we love a big balcony too. Can you tell me whether you ever had sun on the balcony as it seems as if the overhang would prevent it ever getting any sunshine. Thanks :)

• 1 year later...

Here are photos of a 2D on Solstice(6210, with oversized balcony), and a 2C on Equinox (6277).

Wondering if you could see straight down to the water from 6210 since it appears to be between the lifeboats? We are booked in this cabin on Equinox, but have a chance to upgrade at no cost to 2C cabin 6156 which only has a lifeboat at bottom of balcony, but definitely no view downward. Trying to decide if we should change.

Thanks for any advice from anyone out there.

Edited by cruzyduzy